i think my life at the moment is

• shit

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • ok

Votes: 47 59.5%
  • great

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters
i always thought seeing people over 35 making out is almost like watching your parents making out

Anyway, anyone else have that chick that youd wished you would have asked out years ago, but never did? I do.
nay. i pretty much asked out people i was interested in without waiting 15 years to do it... guys are always like this though, all these doubts, insecurity n shit and then half of the life is over and you are filled with regrets (unless you were taken on that moment or something)

but anyway, good for you she agreed, hope it leads somewhere nice

nay. i pretty much asked out people i was interested in without waiting 15 years to do it... guys are always like this though, all these doubts, insecurity n shit and then half of the life is over and you are filled with regrets (unless you were taken on that moment or something)
jesus dude, who shit in your cereal?

I should mention the reason i didnt ask her out before was because we were both married.

The point of the post was basically to say Ive reached that point in life where I dont have anything to lose, so might as well go for it.

jesus dude, who shit in your cereal?
no one cuz i hate cereal

I should mention the reason i didnt ask her out before was because we were both married.

The point of the post was basically to say Ive reached that point in life where I dont have anything to lose, so might as well go for it.
Yeah, man. If there's ever a time - it's now

Anxiety's been high as my S9 continues to croak. Not mentally ready to switch to iOS, but also not willing to shell out $700+ for another Galaxy if this is the result after 2 years.

Ordered the Pixel 4a for $350. Take my soul, Google.
I dropped and shattered my S7 a few months ago and finally took the iFone plunge. I don't know why I was always hesitant, since I've been using mostly Apple computers since the '90s yet never their phones. Always had random flippies and Droids until now.

I want to be on one of those "Why did you switch from Samsung to iPhone?" commercials because I could say "Well, the new Galaxy was $700 but this here comparable SE was only $400. I'm cheap."

A week later I had a dream that I was using my new phone with a metal spoon, and shattered it as well. I've never had a smartphone dream before. Clearly the ghost of Steve Jobs planted something in my brain.

Sounds like a sensible choice for you. I've never once used a Mac, iPad, iPod, or anything else Apple, so I'd be lost in a time when I'm already lost enough.

Was your spoon....too big?

Attachments

• 20200914_121534.jpg
    20200914_121534.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2
Just for the record, iOS is infinitely more intuitive and easy to use if you're comparing it to Android. Each has obvious pros/cons, but they pretty much design these things so that a 70-year old can figure it out. I think you'd be good!

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Not so much the UI I'd be lost in, but the extras. Apple ID. Apple accessories. Headphones that would now be useless without an adapter, etc. Right now I am at such a high level of stress that I just need something that works with what I have. Actually did look at the SE before buying the Pixel, though. More RAM was one thing I wanted, as MS Teams has been using almost a half gig of RAM on my 4gb Galaxy. SE has 3gb (but probably optimized to run apps better than my Galaxy). Pixel has 6gb.

Not so much the UI I'd be lost in, but the extras. Apple ID. Apple accessories. Headphones that would now be useless without an adapter, etc. Right now I am at such a high level of stress that I just need something that works with what I have. Actually did look at the SE before buying the Pixel, though. More RAM was one thing I wanted, as MS Teams has been using almost a half gig of RAM on my 4gb Galaxy. SE has 3gb (but probably optimized to run apps better than my Galaxy). Pixel has 6gb.
i dont care to proselytize for The Cause but amount of ram is totally a non issue on iphones

i am a super computer nerd and i dont even know how much ram is in my iphone (the old kind of SE) because it doesnt matter, it swaps apps in and out seamlessly as needed

teams is garbage software but im pretty sure it would go ok on any iphone. only used it on windows tho and hoo boy what a shit show

Last edited:
I speak to Justin via FB messenger a few times a week, approx.

I also speak to Swizzlenuts nearly on a daily basis.

I'm also in touch with others like Chromatose, Necromunchkin, Demilich, etc...We have our own lil Underground Metal group on FB that I told you bastards about a while back.

I try getting you guys there, and them back here (either/or) to no avail.

Alina, take care of this...
I talk to lurch sometimes and a few other people. And the main and most obvious thing that they mention is them missing the forum but not wanting to waste time on it anymore, guess they've moved on.
And it's true it eats waaay too much time (that's why I'm here right now).
Also isn't forum format getting a little old? I mean I sure see some oldschool dinosaur nostalgie about it. but still.

What we did with the group of people we used to be on forums with is a group chat on the instant messenger and it works fine, about 12-16 friends to discuss w.e you want on the moment. But then it's people that know each other irl, so I don't know if it would be the same dynamic, also you have to share your personal phone numbeeeer.... and some might not survive that one ;)
However most people here have met each other irl so im sure it shouldn't be awkward. So if there's anything - I'm down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krilons Resa
I follow a bunch of y'all on IG, but don't really interact. Still enjoy seeing pics and stories, though.

@einride Yeah I figured iPhones are better optimized in that regard. Maybe the next go-round. For now I'm okay with having spent $350 on a Pixel that might die in a couple of years. Teams is garbage, for sure.

I think ppl waste way more time on FB and they even check that shit waiting in line at the grocery store, at every red light, while eating every meal, literally ANY & EVERY SINGLE MOMENT that they don’t know wtf to do with themselves. It’s insane.

Reactions: Reign in Acai
I think ppl waste way more time on FB and they even check that shit waiting in line at the grocery store, at every red light, while eating every meal, literally ANY & EVERY SINGLE MOMENT that they don’t know wtf to do with themselves. It’s insane.

Yeah, it truly is one of the worst things to ever happen to mankind (even though we created it). The internet should have been limited to:

Wikipedia and other informative/encyclopedia-type websites
Places where you can buy things
Metal-Archives
E-mail providers
websites for businesses
Youtube (but with the ads, comments, subscriptions, and likes/dislikes removed)

Adults are bad enough with Facebook, but kids these days are FUCKED UP by this stuff. They don't realize that every single goddamn thing on the internet is tailored to their individual interests and needs. The social media websites show them what they want to see. These kids have totally lost the ability to empathize with other people and to see the "big picture". They're smart but they have no critical thinking skills. When they want information about something, they open up their phone and BOOM, there it is- the obvious "truth". For them, everything they see about a specific topic on facebook or reddit leans in one direction, so that's just the way it is.

Not to get too philosophical, but Timothy Leary predicted that the internet would be the "LSD of the 21st century". That is to say it could open up narrow minds to some new ideas or different ways of thinking. Well, a lot dudes like Leary eventually ended up hooked on hard drugs. For a brief time, his prediction was pretty accurate IMO. The internet was fucking exciting back in the day, but now its just like some dirty heroin.

Last edited: