i think my life at the moment is

• shit

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • ok

Votes: 47 59.5%
  • great

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters
I love the US social safety net. "Oh, people are in trouble? Cool we'll halfway take care of you for like 4 weeks, you'll be fine after that."

"Oh. There's a plague? Okay then, 8 weeks. You'll be fine after that."

Somewhere around week 11, repeat the above two steps. Oh well, at least we get some priceless encouragement: "Find Something New!"

well done.
I'm still kinda hovering between half-assed assignments and periods of idleness. There's an interview looming on Thursday for a real full-time job that I better not fuck up.

Congrats, Erik. That should be a pretty sweet and stable gig for as long as you want it. And not just because faculty will always need someone to plug their shit in for them (it's true, though).

Ellestin, good luck with the interview!

thanks for the well wishes folks

this is a government job so it has very good job security and great benefits, too (31 days of paid vacation, increases to 35 after 40 yrs of age which... holy shit i'm soon there)

after a few years of being in kind of a dead end/rut i finally feel like i've had some good luck, shit is getting sorted out (not only thanks to good luck but also thanks to actual hard work on my part) and i'm getting better at adulting

also i cut my hair short

Reactions: Demilich
not half as unmetal as it used to be.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you're halfway there

also: this means I won't work with Erik anymore and that kinda sux and I am also jealous because I am also sick of our (my) job) (been there ten years) but we still live close to eachother and can like hang out and shit completely work-free which will rule

yes while it is nice to work with an old friend i think we are both more fun to hang out with outside of work when we do not constantly hate everything and everyone so its probably ok

So if any of you fuckers in the Eastern USA are looking to sell your house, then do it now. NOW is the time.

My wife and I have been saving for 5-7 years and we finally decided to buy this year. Back when everything started to go crazy in March, I figured that the one silver lining might be that we could snag something for cheap. The situation developed to be the exact opposite of that. We have put down 4 offers on 4 different properties (all over asking price), and every single one has been shot down. The first place was $22k over asking and someone outbid us. For the most recent place, we were contacted by the realtor who told us that they wanted to accept our offer but they were now concerned that the house wouldn't appraise for the asking price. They wanted to know if we'd sign an agreement to cover the difference in cash if it didn't appraise. I said "hell no" and they quickly found someone else who agreed to do it. Shit is absolutely fucking crazy right now, it's unprecedented. Any decent property is selling in 24-72 hours and often within the first day. My friend listed his second house in NH for $525k (way more than it's worth) and they got a full price CASH offer on the first day. No appraisal and no inspections. This market is going to flip over on its head pretty soon and it's not going to be pretty.

Yep. It’s cuz of 1) historically low interest rates, 2) shortage of inventory, and 3) ppl with lots of cash are worried about inflation do they are wanting to buy up assets.

the entire economy situation doesn’t make much economic sense right now and don’t even get me started with Wall St.

I’m hoping this housing market crumbles to the ground within the next few years because I have saved a shit ton for a big down payment but there is no way I’m jumping into an inflated market. Shit, prices are far above what they were at the peak of the housing bubble in 2008; different situation but WTF.

Reactions: MFJ
Yep. It’s cuz of 1) historically low interest rates, 2) shortage of inventory, and 3) ppl with lots of cash are worried about inflation do they are wanting to buy up assets.

the entire economy situation doesn’t make much economic sense right now and don’t even get me started with Wall St.

I’m hoping this housing market crumbles to the ground within the next few years because I have saved a shit ton for a big down payment but there is no way I’m jumping into an inflated market. Shit, prices are far above what they were at the peak of the housing bubble in 2008; different situation but WTF.

Seriously dude. It really sucks, but at this point I'm just about ready to call it quits.

I mean, look at this shithole. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/31-Creek-Row_East-Haddam_CT_06423_M34906-62053

Almost 1/4 million dollars.... someone is going to buy it too.