i think my life at the moment is

• shit

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • ok

Votes: 47 59.5%
  • great

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters
Got a new job. I start on the 16th with a major airline. A little travel involved but will have days off. Its only about a 20 minute drive from my place and 10 from the girlfriend's.

Its taken about a month of background checks and bullshit so far. Its freakin ridiculous. But Im very excited.

Oh and my previous employer accidentaly paid me twice for unused vacation. I consider it severance.

Earning at the peak of my discipline. More fit than I was ten years ago. Have tower speakers and a subwoofer. I don’t have AIDS.

It’s ONE HUNDRED FUCKING degrees in October. Catastrophic car troubles. A floorboard in my house is really creaky. I have sex on average twice a month.

I’d say life quality is about even right now.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
I was just trying to think of funny but true things when I wrote that. I didn’t even notice the AIDS/lack of sex correlation.

Did you experience any excessive fatigue while there? I remember being so lethargic from not getting enough oxygen

Nah. Surprised me actually, as driving through higher elevations has made me really sick in the past. Oh, did you survive the tornado??

In recent news, I'm newly separated and moving again soon. Went for a cheaper place so I can save some monies again for fun things like trips and nose jobs.

@Cara: we survived, thanks for asking. My wife woke me up and said there was a tornado but I didn’t believe her and went back to sleep. Whoops!
Sorry to hear you’re separated...unless it’s a good thing then in that case...sweet!

Reactions: NAD
Good! Now just to get through this virus bullshit. Stay safe in the madness.

The separation is unfortunate but a good thing. It's also saved me a lot of toilet paper and possible exposure to germs recently. Ha!

Reactions: dorian gray and NAD
Life Quality right now is unknown. My employer vacillates - within the same 24 hour period no less - between demanding that I work on my weeks off because of a “surge” and cutting my hours because “census is low”. It’s great for morale I have to tell you.

More importantly, the other day I fixed my guitar that was broken for a year. Today I cleaned my bass - it had actual grease on the fretboard? Wtf. I have a Mustang that has 460 horsepower and gets 25 mpg, my oldest kid got into one of the best high schools in the state and I have a vast alcohol supply to last me through the pandemic. Not too bad. Hope y’all are doing ok too.

I think life just got better. I've been dating a girl for about 16 months. We had some good times, but also constantly fought about serious and dumb shit. I'm an asshole and she's a nutcase. Not a good mixture. After almost a year in, I moved in. BIG MISTAKE! Wont happen again.

I am moving back into an apartment, a lot closer to my kids. It feels a tremendous weight has been lifted. I will probably start going to my old gym again, once my knee heals. I'm excited for the new (old) changes. I get to concentrate on me, my kids, the gym, and work.

Bitches be crazy.

Got broken into* and robbed for the first time in my life. Petty theft too, I had left a few dozen screws and nuts under the porch from my work on the stockade around the house. About two thirds of them were gone by morning, along with a small spanner. I mean wtf, they could have taken the whole box instead of foraging into it, that would have been less noisy...

Since it was the first time I had ever left anything in plain sight, it shows that there are regular "inspection rounds" at night even in such a quiet neighborhood as mine.

Right now I'm dealing with how to mitigate the bloodlust.

* well technically not "broken" I guess

Reactions: einride
Sure glad we aren't getting that extra $600 a week. Because now I'm about to be ultra poor.
Looking for jobs. It's cool being a dumbass

Good luck, dude. Everything is fucked. I’ve been fortunate to have a stable job but the more congress can’t get their collective heads out of their side’s asses, the more fucked the ol’ economy (NOT the stock market) is gonna get.

Yeah, good luck, Frank. I'm lucky to be keeping my job at the airline, however, come Oct 1, thousands will be laid off or furloughed. I am extremely grateful to be staying.

It sucks that extra $600 is not continuing for people who truly need it to survive. Unfortunately, some people (I personally know two) took clear advantage of that, and screwed it for everyone that needs it.

My ex's friend QUIT his job in March or so, and got on unemployment. He plain as day said "Why would I go back to my job when I'm getting more to just sit on my ass?" His job even called him asking if he wanted his job back and he said no.

One of the guys that works for me at the airline did the same thing. He left, and lost his seniority. Now he cant come back.

It's those people that ruin it for the folks that truly need a little help.

I hope everything gets better, man.