Lurkers..... it's your time to say hi !!

crazya.gif

lol, silly
voldar02.gif

Bryant said:
The Church of Bryant does Accept (kinda like that word) cash, checks and money orders for your tithes and offerings..... shall I send an address ? :loco:

Bryant

kittybeast said:
all this time I've been lurking with the occasional post... guess I should make it an official "HELLO"... I'm a _0 year old metal chick, loves concerts and hanging out w/ my metal partner in crime The one who wears the red horns!! hahahahahah I also love my man and motorcycles. As of late have been turned onto so much new metal be it power, progressive, death, doom, stoner whatever........IT'S ALL GOOD METAL!!! Got floored when I bought TM Modus Vivendi and must have more... it's one of the best albums I've heard lately, can't and don't want to stop hearing it! So with that said.........
Hello to all!!! :tickled:

Hi Kitty **hugs** :wave:
:tickled: yeah...ever since I infected you w/TM everytime I get into your car you are blasting it, hehehehe. :headbang: nice to see you about!

Looks like Bryant is trying to create a "sect" o_O watch out!

Ok, seems like it's my turn to tell everyone who this lurker is.:wave:

I'm a skinh...ehrhmm...:erk: bald metalhead, forced into this world in 1971.:yuk:
I got introduced to the music of Tad Morose:headbang: by The almighty breed himself :worship: in april 2004, for which I am very grateful. I bet I never would've gotten to listen to their great music otherwise. Big thnx Urban!

I guess what describes me best are the following words (in no particular order) :
Metal junkie,
Computer geek,
Songwriter,
Mathematical genius wannabe (yeah, right, as if that would ever pass the wannabe lvl), Dreamer,
Agnostic,
Father (have two kids),
Hobby musician playing (ie. you don't wanna hear it) the following instruments: Guitar 6-string and 12-string, Piano (keyboard..etc), Trumpet, Violin, and some other small instruments which I gave up playing after a while...

Ooh, we get to list our hobbies?
11zteeth.gif

Tag, I'm it!
wink2.gif

My hobbies:

Complete Metal Madwoman
Peace!.gif

Poet & Guitarist (I'm a much better poet but you never know)
Visual Arts of varying types (fav medium is pencils and then CGI)
Roleplaying Games (DM or player, doesn't matter I like both
blkbiggrin.gif
)
Horror Movie Nut (Romero's finally getting to make the next Dead movie!! YAYYY!)
Amatuer Historian
Webmaster
Author

And ZeiMoT, cool way to get turned onto the band!
biggthumpup.gif

ZeiMoT said:
Ok, seems like it's my turn to tell everyone who this lurker is.:wave:

I'm a skinh...ehrhmm...:erk: bald metalhead, forced into this world in 1971.:yuk:
I got introduced to the music of Tad Morose:headbang: by The almighty breed himself :worship: in april 2004, for which I am very grateful. I bet I never would've gotten to listen to their great music otherwise. Big thnx Urban!

I guess what describes me best are the following words (in no particular order) :
Metal junkie,
Computer geek,
Songwriter,
Mathematical genius wannabe (yeah, right, as if that would ever pass the wannabe lvl), Dreamer,
Agnostic,
Father (have two kids),
Hobby musician playing (ie. you don't wanna hear it) the following instruments: Guitar 6-string and 12-string, Piano (keyboard..etc), Trumpet, Violin, and some other small instruments which I gave up playing after a while...
Wow you are a talented guy. I would give $29 to smash my wife's violin against the wall. I can only make it "squeek." I do pretty well though. I play guitar, bass, drums and keys and sing harmony. even though I don't like country and bluegrass, I want to learn how to play banjo like those "elite" bluegrass players. Man those bluegrass players that play with all five fingers are amazing.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Wow you are a talented guy. I would give $29 to smash my wife's violin against the wall. I can only make it "squeek." I do pretty well though. I play guitar, bass, drums and keys and sing harmony. even though I don't like country and bluegrass, I want to learn how to play banjo like those "elite" bluegrass players. Man those bluegrass players that play with all five fingers are amazing.
I don't know about talented, I consider myself to be stupid enought to try to play yet another instrument every now and then. On the downside, I don't get to be better than the average player. Second thought, I don't even get to be that good.

Oh, you play drums. I always wanted to be a drummer. But my brain never agreed with me on that one... fact is I still cannot make myself to do four different things at the same time (ie. controlling 2 feet and 2 hands at the same time). It's hard enough to control both hands and sing at the same time...:dopey:

I'm not so much into bluegrass. I've seen a banjoplayer that played like a god once, that really impressed me... but since I'm not into that kind of music it's hard for me to get the right feeling for that instrument.

ZeiMoT said:
I don't know about talented, I consider myself to be stupid enought to try to play yet another instrument every know and then. On the downside, I don't get to be better than the average player. Second thought, I don't even get to be that good.

Oh, you play drums. I always wanted to be a drummer. But my brain never agreed with me on that one... fact is I still cannot make myself to do four different things at the same time (ie. controlling 2 feet and 2 hands at the same time). It's hard enough to control both hands and sing at the same time...:dopey:

I'm not so much into bluegrass. I've seen a banjoplayer that played like a god once, that really impressed me... but since I'm not into that kind of music it's hard for me to get the right feeling for that instrument.
I am sort of screwed up. I write left-handed, eat left handed but play sports right handed and guitar right handed, but I play drums left-handed, so I rarely get to play. When I was in bands (except for my first band with a left-handed drummer) I always screwed up my drummer's set rearranging it for me to play after practice. Ha ha ha. I guess I have to break down and buy my own, but they are expensive and I have a small house. : (

I'm the same way you are about the banjo. There aren't really any songs I know or like in that style of music, but I was at an "open mic" night at a local bar a few years ago. My brother and I were going to play (just acoustic rock stuff) and this local guy who was fairly young as well like maybe early twenties got up on stage before we were to go onstage and played the banjo and he floored me. I would love to be able to play tast stuff, but I am afraid the learning curve would be too steep for me to stick with it enough to become proficient at the instrument.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I am sort of screwed up. I write left-handed, eat left handed but play sports right handed and guitar right handed, but I play drums left-handed, so I rarely get to play. When I was in bands (except for my first band with a left-handed drummer) I always screwed up my drummer's set rearranging it for me to play after practice. Ha ha ha. I guess I have to break down and buy my own, but they are expensive and I have a small house. : (

Bryant
That's funny, Bryant...I'm a lefty drummer, too. I always hated it when right-handed people wanted to rearrange my set so they could play. :D

As for playing drums in a small house--try doing it in an apartment! I bought muffling pads for all the heads and cymbals, but it's still pretty loud when I want to really bang something out. Consequently, I don't practice as much as I would like for fear of being evicted! I'm also trying to teach myself guitar (with a lefty model!) but I'm finding I really suck at it. At least I can wear headphones for that...

:Smokin:

Rakosh said:
That's funny, Bryant...I'm a lefty drummer, too. I always hated it when right-handed people wanted to rearrange my set so they could play. :D

As for playing drums in a small house--try doing it in an apartment! I bought muffling pads for all the heads and cymbals, but it's still pretty loud when I want to really bang something out. Consequently, I don't practice as much as I would like for fear of being evicted! I'm also trying to teach myself guitar (with a lefty model!) but I'm finding I really suck at it. At least I can wear headphones for that...

You are a lefty drummer but right handed ? I can kick the bass fair with the right foot and hit the snare/hi-hat/ride equally well with either hand respectively, but I can't start a roll with my right hand without really thinking about it. "Rolling" to the right just seems unnatural to me and I don't do it so well. :err:
Maybe you should get an electric set. You can play with headphones that way. They have improved over the years, and feel decent, but the price is a little high for them. I have thought about getting a set.

bryant

Bryant said:
You are a lefty drummer but right handed ? I can kick the bass fair with the right foot and hit the snare/hi-hat/ride equally well with either hand respectively, but I can't start a roll with my right hand without really thinking about it. "Rolling" to the right just seems unnatural to me and I don't do it so well. :err:
Maybe you should get an electric set. You can play with headphones that way. They have improved over the years, and feel decent, but the price is a little high for them. I have thought about getting a set.

bryant
No, I am left-handed. Sorry--I wasn't clear :loco: .

Yeah, I've thought about getting an electric set, but you're right that the prices are a little high for something that pretty much amounts to a hobby at this point in my life. Plus, my current set has the nostalgia factor built into it now (I bought it in '91...the first thing I bought with the first credit card I got...it might be paid off by now :D ). And with as little use it has gotten over all the years of apartment living, it's still in really good shape for its age.

:Spin: and here goes another thread "off topic" with Bryant (of course!) at the helm of the "crime" :p

J/K!

Carry on guys! Even though I am no musician it's always fun to read your posts :)

Pabla said:
:Spin: and here goes another thread "off topic" with Bryant (of course!) at the helm of the "crime" :p

J/K!

Carry on guys! Even though I am no musician it's always fun to read your posts :)
:oops: ...also guilty as charged. Oh well, it's good to just have conversation too.:D

Pabla said:

J/K!

I have fairly severe ADD and my mind tangents quite a bit. I am also a fsirly heavy beer drinker. Though I am not and everyday drinker, I am a binger. I might drink three or four nights a week for a couple of weeks and not drink for a couple of weeks. When I introduce a depressent (namely alchohol) into my system, it amplifies the ADD and my mind goes into almost a "stream of conscioussness" mode. I don't mean that I have to be totally blitzed either, as maybe three or four puts my mind into eternal motion. I read a post or reply and it makes me think of something else and I post it. I could work on that, but at the same time, there is no other person on this great world I love more than your's truly, so I have learned to live with and later even learned to appreciate my own quirks and take advantage of them to a certain degree.
Of course I also suffer from CRS (can't remember shit) so I make duplicate posts, but I try to be wordy enough so that they don't all appear to be the same. :D So what's everyone else's excuse ? :err: Of course, this place wouldn't be the same without each and everyone of us here that post and reply. This forum is more friendly and personal than most due to the participants.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I have fairly severe ADD and my mind tangents quite a bit. I am also a fsirly heavy beer drinker. Though I am not and everyday drinker, I am a binger. I might drink three or four nights a week for a couple of weeks and not drink for a couple of weeks. When I introduce a depressent (namely alchohol) into my system, it amplifies the ADD and my mind goes into almost a "stream of conscioussness" mode. I don't mean that I have to be totally blitzed either, as maybe three or four puts my mind into eternal motion. I read a post or reply and it makes me think of something else and I post it. I could work on that, but at the same time, there is no other person on this great world I love more than your's truly, so I have learned to live with and later even learned to appreciate my own quirks and take advantage of them to a certain degree.
Of course I also suffer from CRS (can't remember shit) so I make duplicate posts, but I try to be wordy enough so that they don't all appear to be the same. :D So what's everyone else's excuse ? :err: Of course, this place wouldn't be the same without each and everyone of us here that post and reply. This forum is more friendly and personal than most due to the participants.

Bryant

Never been a beer drinker but I do confess to having my "devil's brew" on an almost "every morning basis" :tickled: devil's brew being extra heavy coffee w/irish cream.
And don't apologize for anything, I think your posts are fun! And ermmm :err: I have no excuse...maybe I enjoy the sound of my typing :loco:

Lol, are you sure you didn't spy on my coffee making techniques? Gotta have your super strong coffeee in the morning, gotta!
uppydown.gif
pinkwink.gif

Pabla said:
Never been a beer drinker but I do confess to having my "devil's brew" on an almost "every morning basis" :tickled: devil's brew being extra heavy coffee w/irish cream.
And don't apologize for anything, I think your posts are fun! And ermmm :err: I have no excuse...maybe I enjoy the sound of my typing :loco:

Pabla said:

(Winter Replied) Lol, are you sure you didn't spy on my coffee making techniques? Gotta have your super strong coffeee in the morning, gotta!

I am a coffee lover myself, but I don't sweeten mine. I normally drink Columbian at about 1.5 strength and occasionally go with exotic stuff. I do like hazelnut on occasion though. That and a mocha shake are the only "sweet" coffee flavors I like.

Bryant

Sometimes I like a good fancy coffee but I usually stick with my normal hugely caffinated kind.
smilies2.gif

Bryant said:
I am a coffee lover myself, but I don't sweeten mine. I normally drink Columbian at about 1.5 strength and occasionally go with exotic stuff. I do like hazelnut on occasion though. That and a mocha shake are the only "sweet" coffee flavors I like.
Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
Sometimes I like a good fancy coffee but I usually stick with my normal hugely caffinated kind.
smilies2.gif

When I say "exotic" I mean beans from Costa Rica or something. Being the beer lover I am, I don't drink things like Budweiser etc. I drink micro-brews and quality imports which are very bold in flavor. The same goes for coffee. I like bold and bitter and full flavored. I use the term "bitter" in probably a different way than most would understand it. I like bitter in a good way.

Bryant