MAINSTREAM

I am not particularly ashamed of this but I like 80s pop/new-wave --

Tears For Fears, a-ha, Mr. Mister

Frank Sinatra, Glenn Miller, Nat King Cole

Those guys are very, very cool.

I just don't give modern mainstream much of a chance to impress me, although, Verbum Lux, I do like the look of Taylor Swift.

Glad to hear it.

OP OP OP OP OP... wait... Am I allowed to say that here? :eek:

You know, it's funny. Just the other day I was thinking "haven't seen Ryan here in a while. What does OP mean?

Some of the non metal artists I have CDs of:

Casting Crowns, Third Day, Michael W. Smith, Jeremy Camp, The Electrics, The O.C. Supertones, Danny Plett, Bob Carlisle, Ryan Brown, Lifehouse, Live, Alter Bridge, Building 429, All Star United, Kutless, Mark Schultz, Phil Keaggy, Steven Curtis Capman, 3 Doors Down, Creed, Bon Jovi and many Soundtrack-, Classical- and other instrumnetal CDs.

Casting Crowns

I enjoy some Casting Crowns from time to time, or at least their latest album. The only other one I've heard is their previous effort, which didn't do much for me. But Come to the Well was pretty good, IMO. Good emotion of many of the songs.

I actually really enjoy Casting Crowns, their bassist is far more skilled than the other "Christian contemporary" artists. I also think their newest album was kinda weak. How is it that I have the opposite opinion of pretty much everyone on this forum?

I'm a huge fan of classic rock, though I guess that comes with the territory of being a metal fan. CCR, Max Webster, Kiss, The Beatles, Chicago, Jefferson Starship (79-84), Eagles, etc.

One new band that was one of my favorite albums of last year is called The Explorer's Club. They're the best band The Beach Boys and The Beatles never formed in 1965. Check this song out, seriously sounds like a leftover from Pet Sounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's very interesting. How did you find that out?

Edit: Just googled it, evidently he likes Demon Hunter. Some reason I expected him to say he likes Spawn of Possession or Deeds of Flesh. Anyway, an odd fact for you to know.

I never had problems with different music. I´m a 38 year old Metalhead playing guitar in an Irish Folk Band. So i listen to a lot of irish music, Bluegrass stuff and some country...okay,this is a hard one to confess : I like the DIXIE CHICKS !
But i still think it´s cool playing Folk Concerts with a Theocracy Shirt ;-)

I enjoy some Casting Crowns from time to time, or at least their latest album. The only other one I've heard is their previous effort, which didn't do much for me. But Come to the Well was pretty good, IMO. Good emotion of many of the songs.

My favorite Casting Crowns album would be "Lifesong", though it took me some time to get past the production which was pretty weak compared to their first album IMO (especially the drum sound). But the songs are great!

I do like "Until the whole world hears", but i'd rank all their other albums higher!