Maryland Deathfest XI: May 23-26, 2013

Are you going to MDF 2013?

• Definitely going - want to share a room.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Definitely going - do NOT want to share a room.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Probably going - want to share a room.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Probably going - do NOT want to share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure if I'll go - want to share if I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure if I'll go - do NOT want to share if I do.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Probably not going.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Definitely not going.

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
gay.jpg

Pretty much right here. Guy would rather drop $200 a week on liquor than save up that money for the best MDF yet.

It's not too late for you to go dude. I don't understand why you are so damn committed on not going when a week ago you were dead set on it. You do realize what you will be missing right?

Man everyone seems to be dropping like flies, what the fuck.

zabu of nΩd;10586522 said:
I thought Matt was the master of saving money by dumpster diving and hitchhiking.

Nah that's just how he survives.

Wait, Ray, you're going this year? Don't tell me that Brandon and Nick are too, because that will seriously bum me out.

Nick is 100% not going. I have not talked to Brandon for about a year. He lives in Chicago so you have a better chance of finding out than I do. I'll know in the next week or two if I'm going.

So.

Some of you know I've been wavering back and forth on whether to go to MDF this year, and for the most part I've been very doubtful. Well, the unexpected fact that I very well may have acquired a subletter for my apartment in Iowa this summer will potential free up ample cash not only to fund myself, but also Madelene to come down for Friday-Sunday of the fest. I pitched it as a birthday present for her, and said she can contribute however much she is able, but she's interested.

Assuming I can afford it, I just need to figure out the hotel cost and ticket cost, plus travel. I could drive my car down assuming I can round up people to split gas (Kris? Andy?).

Fucking pumped that this might be a possibility yet again!

When do we start talking about carpooling? I'm coming from southern Maine.

I'm also pretty disappointed the UFOmammut is out, but I've already got the ticket for Thursday, so fuck it.

When do we start talking about carpooling? I'm coming from southern Maine.

I'm also pretty disappointed the UFOmammut is out, but I've already got the ticket for Thursday, so fuck it.

Hmmm, if Maddy and I go and take my car, you'd be most welcome to hop in, but we wouldn't have Thursday tickets, and I'm not sure if we could commit to going down a day early. Wait till I do some calculations (we may do the Greyhound in any case).

I'd be down to carpool but I reserved one of the rooms so I should probably be there for Thursday even though I'll most likely be drinking in the room hanging with whoever else doesn't have a Thursday pass

So, Cody and Kris, we need to figure out who all is actually going and how much it's going to cost soon. I mean, MDF is only like 2 months away. Holy fuck!

I'm going to yell at some of my friends from here at home, as well as Brooks55 and tell them that I need to know if they are going before the end of April.

MDF list as of 04/08/2013:

Confirmed:
Cody/KafkaX
Mike/Master_Yoda
Semicomatose
Kris/mutantllama
Raoul Duke
Collin/Peoria Buttsecks Brigade
Dillon/Black_Orifice (Sat Only)
Vince/Peoria Buttsecks Brigade
Nicole/Voilenoir
Zach/SomeGuyDude

Peoria Buttsecks Brigade:
-Chance
-Nick

Possible:
Dave/Mort Divine
Monoxide
Mason
Jon/Brooks55
Grant/zabu of nΩd
Matt
Jeremy/Zeph
Maddy
Guy/Addo of Nex

So as of now we have 10 people between the 2 rooms...

942.88 (cost of the room I booked)

919.80 (cost of the room Kris booked)

Total: 1862.68

Right now we have 10 people confirmed so it would be 186.27 per person.

Fuck, I was hoping we'd have more faggots coming this year to cut those prices down even more! I suppose that 5 people per a normal room is at least going to be more comfortable than like 8 or 9 in one tiny as room. These aren't the suite-style rooms with the spare bedroom and shit like the Tremont, but we'd be paying like $300 a person there.

I think more people will be getting on board the closer to the date we get. I dont give a fuck what the room is like, as long as they have a toilet and a fridge Im happy.

If no fridge, I'll be bringing a cooler, so we can just stock that fucker with Natty Bohs, Yuenglings, and other delicious beers for the day. I forsee myself walking to and from the hotel quite often since we are so damn close.

But yeah, you are probably right. The Peoria Buttsecks Brigade (Chance and Nick) are still planning on going, but they just can't confirm quite yet. Nick is actually studying in England until like the beginning of May, I wonder if he is actually going to fund this.