Matt Will be fronting his own Band??

Raistlin

Metal Fan Lost in a sea of Mediocrity
Jun 23, 2001
Somewhere near Pittsburgh
From all the B.S. I think this is likely to happen with in the next two years. From what I've read and heard Jon is not easy to work with(he doesn't have to be). Matt has a good voice so maybe he wants to spead his wings and go for it now. This said I see it as a big possability.

Reactions: Zarok666
:rolleyes: He knows that... he's saying that the reason Matt left Iced Earth was to start his own band. And I completely disagree, if Matt was going to leave because he didn't like working with Jon (which isn't true), he would have done it a long time ago. Plus if he did leave to start his own band it would make him a total dickhead.

Why would he think that he was lying about training for homeland security and is secretly planning to form his own band? That's just stupid.

"Theres no way someone could even look at this forum without knowing Matt left, half the topics are about it."
Yeah, I realize that, but you never know about someone. Some people are actually that stupid, but surely he is not.

I am not saying He didn't get along with Jon, but leaving to join the home land security doesn't sound half bad, as a cover story(Jon Himself has said that the music industry is not always truthfull). Anyway I said within two years.Who's to say getting a Job in that field will just be so easy. I think he'll want to sing again , maybe even write some songs.
Its just My Opion anyway...

Matt does not seem like the kind of guy who would actually lie about working for a fake agency, ah, I mean homeland security. And if he is lying about it, then it is not a smart career move. He's not a songwriter, and finding a good one is not an easy task. I just don't believe that he is lying about it, because he doesn't seem like a dick or a moron to me. Although, I can foresee him figuring out that working for homeland security really didn't make the impact he wanted it to inside of himself, and deciding that singing is what he really should be doing and what he wants to be doing. Of course, maybe that is just wishful thinking.

I don't think Matt realizes that he has a greater positive effect on people and society singing than working in homeland security. I agree that he'll be back sometime, but I think its gonna be with Iced Earth. I wonder if Jon would kick out the new singer if Matt decided to return.

I think everything we have heard (about Matt leaving to work for Homeland Security etc) is true, but whether Matt decides to come back to the music industry one day or not no one knows. I guess it will just be a matter of how he goes without it. He might be a happier man, and we will never hear from him again, or he might miss it and talk to Jon about re-joining the band, or starting his own band. As for Jon giving the replacement the boot, it depends how good he is I guess. Remember Matt was a replacement, and I don't think Jon would EVER have given him the boot.

Also, I am damn sick of everyone saying how Matt 'isn't a songwriter'. Hell, some of the songs he has co-written and done lyrics for etc in Iced Earth are fantastic, and even if he is a little restricted, that doesn't stop him from being able to join another band.

Im Pretty Sure Matt will come back With Iced Earth Later on. I mean Sercurity doesnt sound like an intresting job.

I am hoping for a judas priest move here. Look at halford... went off on his own, then decided to re-join priest. Yeah... matt will do that... hope it doesn't take more than 10 years though.

I know I would offer him a gig in Mechanical Vampire. His voice could be used in a different fashion.
I also know of couple of other bands that would like to have him fronting.