Megadeth vs Metallica

Megadeth or Metallica

• Megadeth

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Metallica

Votes: 26 56.5%

• Total voters
Congratulations, you just played yourself

I like how you actually expect me to believe that you were being clever.

On topic, I guess that I would choose Metallica because I like more of their albums, although I recognize that Dave Mustaine contributed to some of their best songs. It's a hard choice.

Ive come to respect Megadeth's music more over the years but the answer still has to be Metallica because of RtL.

I have trouble listening to either band at this point though. Perma-burnt on them.

You can't ever let anything go and it just comes across as attention-seeking behavior. It's unsurprising that you have such a ridiculous post count.

You can't ever let anything go and it just comes across as attention-seeking behavior. It's unsurprising that you have such a ridiculous post count.

Yet here you are trying to get the last word when I've called you out on being a hypocrite and it's just like someone who has no argument talking about my post count when no one has done that for 4 years.

Again, you. have.played. yourself.

You're getting really mad because you said something dumb on the internet and it's funny.

You can have the last word if you want it. It's clearly very important to you and I know you'll reply to this post.

Reactions: The Butt
You're getting really mad because you said something dumb on the internet and it's funny.

This is you right now

th

Nah, Loved to Deth is his greatest song and the only time where Poland/Samuelson really show off their jazz roots, Rattlehead had a riff great enough for Dick Dale to copy, Skull Beneath the Skin is pure intensity, the title track is a masterpiece of groove almost like Van Halen meets thrash, and Looking Down the Cross has riffage creepy enough to fit on the classic Mercyful Fate albums. Five absolutely perfect songs, even if the cover and Mechanix are both shit.

These are just my thoughts. I want to know what you think. Lemme know by replying to this thread.
I mostly agree with you apart from the Then vs Now, so Metallica gets my vote. I prefer to listen to a band that experiments and fails over one that plays it safe. I like songs that stand out (unusual/catchy/whatever), and these days Megadeth only seems to do one of those per album, while the rest is monotonous to me. Whereas Lulu is hilariously entertaining, and I found something to like in St. Anger as well.

Megadeth could gain some ground back if you compare live concerts. Metallica gigs are more gimmicky and predictable, with too many hits that they insist on playing every time.