Megadeth vs Metallica

Megadeth or Metallica

• Megadeth

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Metallica

Votes: 26 56.5%

• Total voters
Metallica's best (RTL, MOP, and AJFA) actually absolutely are among the pinnacle of thrash.

Megadeth may have the more consistent discography but they've never reached the soaring heights of the aforementioned three Metallica albums.

Metallica's best (RTL, MOP, and AJFA) actually absolutely are among the pinnacle of thrash.

Megadeth may have the more consistent discography but they've never reached the soaring heights of the aforementioned three Metallica albums.

I thought we all came to the agreement that AJFA was shit.

I love both bands but I think that megadeth has more quality albums but Metallica has less quality albums but the albums that are good are great. I mean albums such as kill em all and ride the lightning and so on but they also have terrible albums so I have voted megadeth because of the consistency.

I voted for Metallica - based on the first four albums by each band. (I didn't buy any of the albums they both released afterwards.) "Ride the Lightning" was the third Metal album and the first Thrash Metal album I bought and I think I listened to it about once per day for more than a year (way back then). I listen to it rarely nowadays, but I still think it's Metallica's best album and one of the best Thrash Metal albums ever. I definitely like it better than any of Megadeth's first four albums, whereas I'm not so sure as regards "Master of Puppets", and even less as regards "Kill 'em All". But I can safely say that I like any of the first four Megadeth-albums better than "AJFA" which is - by far - my least favourite Metallica album (of the ones I own). I did enjoy "One" and maybe a few other songs, but I don't like the sound on this album and Jason's non-audible bass-playing was perhaps (as I might have mentioned elsewhere before) the biggest disappointment (considering how he had sounded on "Doomsday for the Deceiver").

I find it more difficult to rank Megadeth's first four albums than Metallica's first four, though "Peace Sells..." definitely got the most spins of them.

No but songs with long, well-crafted buildups and rich harmonies do. It's not an album for those with musical ADD.

Considering many of my favorite songs clock around 20 minutes yet I get bored with an 8 minute Metallica song.

I don't understand how RtL is loved so much more than MoP here. They're so similar and so similarly awesome.