Metal/Rock Word Link

KULA SHAKER

That was hard to link up Impenitent. but Kula Shaker covered the track in 1997, Deep Purple's version was also a cover which i did not realise, the track was written in about 1940!!

I already posted a message about this but it seems to have disappeared, dont know what happened there at all. Looks like I'll just have to repeat it then.

Well if I'd seen Hush mentioned I too would have said Kula Shaker cos their version of Hush is brill, even though I am big big Purple fan. And as a follow on word I would love to put my favourite Kula Shaker song Govinda, but I think it might be too difficult for anyone to follow that, so I'll go with a nice simple Kula Shaker song title:-

TEMPLE OF EVERLASTING LIGHT

And I'm away now to see if I can find that Kula Shaker CD which I've got - K - not heard it for yonks and it was pretty damn good.

THE DARKNESS

I bet the Princess would have put Blackfoot if she had got here first!!

DOWN IN THE HOLE

(One of my favourite Rolling Stones songs)

Saxonised, I saw earlier on that the last word to link was "Black" but I didn't have time to type in a reply. I was wracking my brains trying to think of another band apart from Black Sabbath cos we've had that one before, and do you know, the only band I could think of was The Black Crowes, holy moly I totally forgot all about Blackfoot!!!!!! So much for me being a massive fan eh, well right enough I've gone off them a wee bit since they didn't end up playing Glasgow that night and I was so hyped up about seeing them that I haven't listened to any of their albums since.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
You forgot to mention that Europe are your favourite band Saxonized hehehe. That Final Countdown has got to be my most hated rock song, if you could even call it "rock".

The final countdown was one of the first hard rock albums i ever heard!!
I still ocasionally play it (i like the keyboards and the guitar solo is pretty good). Yes, its a bit cheesy, yes its radio friendly, but i really liked it wen i was a teenager, so it reminds me of when i was young :D
My fave track on that album was 'On The Loose', if i play it i have to crank up the volume, just like i did YEARS ago :headbang:

A euro thrash metal band called "Norther" do an awesome version of 'The final countdown' should check them out they are great!

Anyway i could only think of

'DOWN' WITH THE SICKNESS
By Disturbed, i hate them, they are very lame...

DOCTOR, DOCTOR

By UFO

Crusader747 - It's good we all have tracks to remind us of our youth, The Final Countdown was a start of a love of great music for you, a way of life for many. The two songs that got me into rock, charted at No 6 and No 9 the same week, they were 'Since You Been Gone' by Rainbow and 'Whatever you Want' by Status Quo I loved playing air guitar to those two, the Quo track did go on n on n on n on n on n on n on n on n on a bit though. :tickled: