Metallica

SLAYER85

Old School Youngin
Mar 10, 2002
north carolina
Visit site
Metallica may suck nowadays in making music but has anyone heard or have a personal testimonial to the fact that metallica can or cannot still deliver the goods live? lets hear it,

I went to Summer Sanitarium, and Metallica completely made up for the hours and hours of shit I had to go through. They played some killer stuff. As far as I can remember, here's the setlist, hopefully ion order, or close to it:loco::

Battery(Opener, Including the acoustic intro)
Master of Puppets
Harvester of Sorrow
Welcome Home(Sanitarium)
Sad But True
Frantic
Stanger
For Whom the Bell Tolls(with the huge video screens switching between Rob playing the intro and a video of Cliff playing it)
Seek and Destroy
No Remorse
Blackened

Fuel
Nothing Else Matters
Creeping Death

One
Enter Sandman

Does James still sing "Yeah" and "Ooh Baby" all the time live? I saw that Cunning Stunts DVD and it was fucking shit - his singing was terrible, like a lounge singer, crooning the words to Master Of Puppets.

I saw the Rock AM Ring live stuff on TV as well and Kirk couldn't even play the solos.
Sorry, you won't hear a good word about Metallica these days from me - I can't believe how bad they've become.

I'd be willing to forget that Metallica has made 3 terrible albums and that Lars ever opened his mouth post 1991 if they just release another album of the same calibre of their 80s music. I'm not saying it would have to sound like their 80s music, just have the same level of quality.

Another great Metallica album would be a godsend.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Does James still sing "Yeah" and "Ooh Baby" all the time live? I saw that Cunning Stunts DVD and it was fucking shit - his singing was terrible, like a lounge singer, crooning the words to Master Of Puppets.

Good description! And don't you just hate the extremely foolish, "macho" faces they make while facing the crowd? The DVD hits rock bottom at the "Bass/Guitar Doodle" - just look at the monkey that is Jason Newsted! Or check out Lars in his macho boxer shorts! Terrible stuff.

I saw them this year and all I can say is that James' voice has gone to shit. Its gotten worn and you can really tell when listening to the new stuff. They still do a decent enough live show, but the only disappointment in Ireland was that they never played Whiskey in the Jar.

Eire

I only saw them on TV, at that Rock Am Ring live show - and Kirk was terrible. I don't know if it was his amp, or the mixing desk or if it really was just him - but his solos were terrible, he missed most of the notes. It was strange actually, considering how so many people think he's the best guitar player in the world, to see him not able to play his own solos anymore.

But like I say, it may have just been a bad night soundwise.

I´ve never seen ´em live (too expensive) but I got a few bootlegs
from this year. It´s strange that they only play their old songs from
their good days and just 2 St. LOL-Songs.