Metal's Most Maligned Sub-Genres (And The People That Listen To Them)

My brother is a metalcore fan and, to be perfectly honest, I don't mind at least half of the bands he listens to.

Are Misery Index considered metalcore? He listens to their latest album a lot and I actually quite enjoy it too.

I don't mind some glam metal. Never really hated it but it's just not really heavy or interesting to me.

Metalcore can be good but is often shitty. I often end up disliking the metal more than the core in it though, because metalcore bands sound like Slaughter the Soul with breakdowns and I really hate that album.

Nu-Metal is mostly unlistenable, and occasionally not terrible. I don't mind the "jump-da-fuck-up" stuff (I listen to slam lul) but the rest is usually terrible.

I liked Disturbed, but they're only partially nu-metal, and the band has stated that they don't try to be nu-metal.

Also, Skid Row kicks ass! :D

And who can hate Twisted Sister? I wanna rock! I want to rock!

Misery Index.. metalcore? huh? no they're death metal with some grind elements.

I've seen them at Obscene Extreme and was acknowledged of this too. They kicked ass live. Made me movin'. I promised myself to check some of their albums too.

I haven't really listened to metalcore but I have a sneaking suspicion I might really like it.

I like glam and hair metal and am not picky about it.

People give Korn's s/t way too much credit, they were much better upon refining their sound. I don't put nu-metal in the same boat as other metal but as adolescent yelling music it is what it is, and can be a lot of fun.

Hair metal is as true as anything, people must learn to like that shit and youll get laid in no time! Just put on some fucking Skid Row!!!!!

Metalcore is a genre with a very huge different sounding band, I usually ending up liking metalcore bands that are crossovers into other genres. Like melodic metalcore, prog metalcore. Not that hardcore metalcore shit.

Nu-metal is very often crap, but its a few exceptions there aswell.

You forgot deathcore...

I liked Disturbed, but they're only partially nu-metal, and the band has stated that they don't try to be nu-metal.

Disturbed pretty much ditched the nu-metal thing, and are a pretty good hard rock band at this point.
Their early stuff is earsplitting though...

I will also never be able to tolerate SOAD's vocalist. He's fucking terrible.

I dont mind some nu-metal and/or glam... Motley Crue, Skid Row, Deftones, Ratt... I can listen to those.

My main musical genre I have a problem with is that melodic death metal/metalcore hybrid stuff. blech.

I like some songs by the hair metal bands that have good musicians in them. For example Vito Bratta, Miljenko Matijevic, the Winger guys, A.S.A.P. and so on.

I don't like the look of the bands but I'm not overly bothered about it either. The decent glam bands sound either like metal (motley crue) or like 70s rock (Kingdom Come etc).

Disturbed pretty much ditched the nu-metal thing, and are a pretty good hard rock band at this point.
Their early stuff is earsplitting though...

I will also never be able to tolerate SOAD's vocalist. He's fucking terrible.

Agree on both counts.