Mikael Akerfeldt -=vs=- Andy Latimer

He is from Camel, you losers.

I really don't know...the styles are pretty different, and I think they are both great at creating the moods that they go for. I do agree that Mikael tends to have better solos though.

Åkerfeldt of course. Mike did the solos on Epilogue since he has written everything from MAYH.

Useful Idiot said:
He is from Camel, you losers.

I really don't know...the styles are pretty different, and I think they are both great at creating the moods that they go for. I do agree that Mikael tends to have better solos though.

I am a looser

Andrew..although the styles are completely different. Of course Mikael barrows A LOT of Camel riffs and parts here and there. Both are excellent songwriters, but Andrew is probably a more proficient guitar player all around ,plus he can play flutes very well and keyboards.

as a songwriter, i like akerfeldt's stuff a little more
but latimer has some really beautiful stuff

camel is great, and andy latimer's guitar stuff is great, but there are times where the keyboards are just a little too super nintendo-ish, but they still kick a whole lot o' ass

Children of Flames said:
Åkerfeldt of course. Mike did the solos on Epilogue since he has written everything from MAYH.

Well, he wrote everything, but Lindgren can still solo on top of it.

Åkerfeldt has written everything quite for quite a while and lindgren is still playing some solos, especially faster ones.

I´'m pretty sure Peter contributed with soloing in Epilouge, because in the guitar.com video (dissecting the drapery falls) Peter sais : "we recorded like 4 minutes of music and then freaked out with solos"