Mikael quits Bloodbath and I quit Mikael!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vikky no comprendos.

He recently stated that he hasn't been into Metal since the 1st Opeth record. So glad the Metal community has made him such a statesman. Metal is in a sad place with MIkael and Eddie Trunk at the helm.'

First of all, where did he say this?

Second of all, who the fuck is Eddie Trunk? He isn't at the helm of any community I have seen.

Vikky no comprendos.

First of all, where did he say this?

Second of all, who the fuck is Eddie Trunk? He isn't at the helm of any community I have seen.

I saw that interview aswell, he's said it numerous times IIRC.
He also use to say "We just make music we want to listen to ourselves you know", but they made metal? :err: :lol:

Yeah yeah yeah, "dont take everything a guy says literally".

that's borderline homosexual attraction to Mike. This attitude is the same of the girls who like that gaylord sparkling vampire from the movie. He owes you nothing.

Enjoy the albums you think are good. Period.

People want more, MOAR! Thats just the way it is.
Im also a bit "sad" over it, basically cause there is no one else doing songs like they did (bands who try suck at it). He doesnt owe me anything tho.

Like TMW would say... "He can do whatever THE FUCK HE WANA DOOO!!"

I wasnt supposed to say this but fuck it...
A little mouse with supposedly really close sources whispered in my ear that Mr Å has a heavy surprise down the line, sooner rather than later.
Personally I doubt it though and think its BS.

He also use to say "We just make music we want to listen to ourselves you know", but they made metal? :err: :lol:

ive also read this serveral times

People want more, MOAR! Thats just the way it is.
Im also a bit "sad" over it, basically cause there is no one else doing songs like they did (bands who try suck at it). He doesnt owe me anything tho.

Like TMW would say... "He can do whatever THE FUCK HE WANA DOOO!!"

but what would eddie trunk do? (lol still no idea who the fuck he is)

Not saying any of that, just asking where he said this so I can read the article goof. My previous comments apply nonetheless.

Exactly. Mikael stated we just make music we like, then he says oh I haven't listened to Death Metal since the early 90's. I just think Mikael hates the Metal fanbase now as is making soft music to give that crowd a big fat middle finger. As for all the defensive Opeth crybaby Akerfeldt toejam lickers. I always looked at Bloodbath as a side project too, and now they are trying to take off without Mikael. Bloodbath should quit, and change their name to something else. Bloodbath is an altered image of its former glory.

^i agree, almost in the same way the misfits should have as well.

all furthur posts require at least one source, and every 10 pages a bibliography must be submitted, lest we have an enjoyable discussion

^i agree, almost in the same way the misfits should have as well.

all furthur posts require at least one source, and every 10 pages a bibliography must be submitted, lest we have an enjoyable discussion

All further posts require correct spelling of the word 'further' and proper use of the word lest :p

Didn't they do that with My arms? I recall an interview with Mikael saying that was their black metal album more or less.

there's nothing black metal about MAYH :lol:

mayh IS their best album, nothing to think about

maybe... after still life :)

There are at least four albums better than My Arms Your Hearse.

Fact.

if you mean blackwater park, still life, ghost reveries and damnation, then i maybe can agree with you to some extent :)

Lol. No, I simply wanted to read the interview, I wasn't denying its existence. Perhaps we should have a document that people need to sign saying that it is okay to disagree and debate things with people without them getting butthurt. :loco:

I think it was the faceculture interview.

Here is part one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnkdU4QhNUA

Thank you sir.

Ended up not being that one but KTUV.

Exactly. Mikael stated we just make music we like, then he says oh I haven't listened to Death Metal since the early 90's.

So since he wasn't listening to death metal means he doesn't like the music they were making? It really isn't that simple.

I just think Mikael hates the Metal fanbase now as is making soft music to give that crowd a big fat middle finger.

:lol: You really have a way of twisting things to make them personal, don't you? I'm sure scorning the metal community was his number one prerogative.

As for all the defensive Opeth crybaby Akerfeldt toejam lickers. I always looked at Bloodbath as a side project too, and now they are trying to take off without Mikael. Bloodbath should quit, and change their name to something else. Bloodbath is an altered image of its former glory.

:lol: According to your logic 90% of bands in metal should have called it quits at some point and started anew with a new name.

He hurt a lot of his fans. That's the only thing that really happened. No one really cares why he did it, they just feel a bit betrayed and everything gets over exaggerated on the internet. The guy that turned himself into a metal icon is making soft prog rock. It's like Stephen King writing children's books or vampire novels. Most of his fans arent going to care about the quality or what his "vision" is, they're just going to be upset he isnt doing what they love any more.

Yeah, this pretty much nails it on the head.

Lol. No, I simply wanted to read the interview, I wasn't denying its existence. Perhaps we should have a document that people need to sign saying that it is okay to disagree and debate things with people without them getting butthurt. :loco:

Thank you sir.

Ended up not being that one but KTUV.

So since he wasn't listening to death metal means he doesn't like the music they were making? It really isn't that simple.

:lol: You really have a way of twisting things to make them personal, don't you? I'm sure scorning the metal community was his number one prerogative.

:lol: According to your logic 90% of bands in metal should have called it quits at some point and started anew with a new name.

Yeah, this pretty much nails it on the head.

Laugh it up fucktard. Your comments go in one ear and out the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.