Mikael the comedian

he made us do a quiz and they would play another song if we got them rite. i say 'we' i mean people in the crowd who knew the answers. i hear he does say the same jokes on the tour?

Bard In The Forest said:
Why is it that turkish people always are the ones that think i'm a female... I have not once had anyone think I was female other than turks. I'm seriously not kidding... I got all these random people from turkey that added me on MSN and kept telling me I was the hottest girl theyd ever seen, hahaha... I don't even know where they got my MSN address... Most of them could hardly even speak English... I found it very strange...
maby ur email address is on a 'hot guys who are pretending to a be girl by having long hair and want wierd turkish men to talk to them' website

Dark_Karma said:
Mikael seemed quite nervy and wasn't really cracking jokes on the Lamentations DVD, so is this something that has developed since then, or was he just restraining himself for the DVD show because he knew the cameras were on him?

When I saw them on the Damnation/Deliverance tour, he wasn't this funny...

Guess we're in for a treat next month...:D

Bard In The Forest said:
Haha okay so I was in the front row at the Cincinatti show sunday night, and Mikael was pretty hilarious, I kept yelling how I wanted to fuck him (joking) and he gave me this funny face. And the Manowar comments and trivia were great. For the trivia, he asked what the Manowar symbol was (I didn't really understand what he meant by symbol because I was thinking of some kind of logo on an album cover or whatever), what was their first album? (got that one right. Battle Hymns, of course.), and the last one was who is thier bass player, although he said the answer and really just commented about how Joey Demaio fucks everyone he can get his hands on haha. Anyways, I now love Mikael even more than I did before.

Man there was so much great comedy that night!! The "We are ABBA, and I am the hot blonde chick". The part where he starts talking about playing tennis was funny. Other stuff:

"Tonight, we are going to play some songs for you.."
Crowd: Shouting random songs
"And it won't be based on requests!"
Someone yells a random song, "That one sucks!", another random song "We're not playing that one, it's 20 minutes long and the man behind the curtain doesn't know that!".

But my favorite was before they played the Grand Conjuration, "You know what this album is about? Evil. Hot chicks in saucy clothes and men with big muscles. Which is obviously what the man who made the video thought it was about!". He also threated us with a ballet done by Martin Mendez if we didn't get the Manowar questions right, and Mendez wouldn't be wearing anything under his tights!

Godhead's Lament said:
Found the picture!

7ea91f68.jpg
haha yeah i remember that.. actually i was standing exactly to the left of you i think... i think i saw you take that picture lol.. i was the guy with the blue camera.. cause im cool like that

Mikael was pretty funny at the Norfolk show:

Audience member: "Play some riffs!"
Mikael: "...You want a riff?"
*plays Smoke on the Water*
*crowd laughs*

Audience: "Play another song!" (they had been taking a while to tune at this time)
Mikael: "Well what should we play?"
Me (in a hick accent): "PLAY FREEBIRRRRD!"
*Audience and Mikael laugh*
Mikael: "I do like Skynyrd."

Mikael: "Before we play this next song...you have to answer two questions. Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"
Me: "SATAN!"
Mikael: *shakes head* "No. No he's not. Good fellow, though."

rissy said:
Mike: "This next song..."

Someone in the crowd who knew the setlist for the tour: "DELIVERANCE!"

"Now that you say that we're going to play an acoustic version of Smoke On The Water"
and the band started to play Smoke On The Water

that was my mate who shouted :D

at the show in towson last week:
"i could drop my pants, but i think some members of the audience are still under the impression that i am a metal god."
"tonight we are going to play some good songs, some obscure songs, and some...gay songs."

I'm sure if you shout, "Is Peter gay?" Mike will say yes. :Spin:

Oh, and shout to Mike, "Play 'I Hate Hip-hop.'"
If anyone does say that to Mike, make sure you have something to record with if he plays it!

Mike made us all say Joey Tempest is a god so we all shouted Joey Tempest is a cunt.. then he made us all tell the new Martin to fuck off, was awesome. Plus I was the only one who shouted YES!! really loud when he said they were about to play Under the weeping moon.. I looked kinda stupid but who cares it was awesome :D

LadyValerie said:
I'm sure if you shout, "Is Peter gay?" Mike will say yes. :Spin:

Oh, and shout to Mike, "Play 'I Hate Hip-hop.'"
If anyone does say that to Mike, make sure you have something to record with if he plays it!
you will also look like a complete wanker i dont think anyone who doent know him personaly can say that

but that hip hop thing sound good
sum1 should get it and post it

In london he congratulated everyone on coming to see Otep!

(Otep are a shit metal band)

He also called his old band manager who was watching the show "a fat cunt" in a british accent.

was fucking hilarious.

Great posts everyone, also thanks for youtube link.

Effigen said:
In toronto Mike was giving death vocal lessons. he then asked all the ladies to do it, which he said was making him horny
fucking hilarious when he said it
Same in Czech Republic.

Bard In The Forest said:
Why is it that turkish people always are the ones that think i'm a female... I have not once had anyone think I was female other than turks. I'm seriously not kidding... I got all these random people from turkey that added me on MSN and kept telling me I was the hottest girl theyd ever seen, hahaha... I don't even know where they got my MSN address... Most of them could hardly even speak English... I found it very strange...

your avatar pretty much says you're a boy, but i asked that since i found your remark at mikael (precisely speaking: "i want to fuck you") a bit awkward. just a random, worthless question. never mind.

and yes turkish men can be like that.

vashts80 said:
Yes, Mikael is quite the comedian.

At the Philly show, some funny stuff was

Crowd Member #1: "Where's Steve Wilson?!"
Mikael: "Why do people yell random things? Do I have Steve Wilson locked in my trunk or something?"

Somebody yelled out "KATATONIA" and Mike goes, "We don't have them on this tour. We don't tour with every band you know. We should take Slipknot on tour next and lock them in our trunk" or something to that effect anyway.

He introduced Deliverance the same way, saying he was dreaming about Burt Reynolds and sex when he wrote it
you worded it slightly wrong i was at that show he goes "some people yell the most random things...this one time this guy was like wheres steve wilson..and i was like...well i keep him in my trunk.."
and then when the guy yelled katatonia he goes "what about them?"
then the slipknot joke...

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
3. he says we're a serious band, some guy screams "Like GWAR!!" and mike says yes, like gwar
ROFL :lol:

Las gig I went to, Mikael talked about different headbanging styles, and he then asked Mendez to show us his own style because it was special, then Mendez did his so-cool kind of "horizontal" headbanging, just before mikael said : "Yeah he looks like a fucking retard", it was so funny lol.