Mikael the comedian

Yeah, im just looking through some video footage i had took, and he was talking about drumbeats after introducing the drummer from the recent bloodbath album, and he told us about the 4/4 beat of drumming;
"And then, the most...used...drum beat in history, its also actually, a lot of death metal bands use this beat, its called a four four, and it is the mother of all drum beats, if you want to sound Gay doing the 4/4, do it in this rythm, listen;*Axenrot plays 4/4*. And if you want to sound masculine, sexy and swedish, you'l play at this pace;*Axenrot plays differently* It also helps if youve got a sound in here that puts on a big ass reverb. and of course, this next song we're gonna play, is not in that last beat. so hes gonna play that beat and i wanna see you headband to it, otherwise we're not going to play that last song.. alright? headbang mothafuckas!"
haha.. it was awesome...

EDIT: also, after the headbanging, he spoke again;
"I'm veryimpressed, then again youve got rush, youve got (i think he says boyballs) youve got(inaudible), so, were gonna play this last song and i wanna see you headbanging throughout the entire song, even those parts that dont have drums. Are you ready? (crowd goes nuts) You have been fucking fantastic once again, thank you so much.. Blackwater park!..."
i also have video of him throwing the hat into the crowd

N-MAYH said:
Yeah, im just looking through some video footage i had took, and he was talking about drumbeats after introducing the drummer from the recent bloodbath album, and he told us about the 4/4 beat of drumming;
"And then, the most...used...drum beat in history, its also actually, a lot of death metal bands use this beat, its called a four four, and it is the mother of all drum beats, if you want to sound Gay doing the 4/4, do it in this rythm, listen;*Axenrot plays 4/4*. And if you want to sound masculine, sexy and swedish, you'l play at this pace;*Axenrot plays differently* It also helps if youve got a sound in here that puts on a big ass reverb. and of course, this next song we're gonna play, is not in that last beat. so hes gonna play that beat and i wanna see you headband to it, otherwise we're not going to play that last song.. alright? headbang mothafuckas!"
haha.. it was awesome...

EDIT: also, after the headbanging, he spoke again;
"I'm veryimpressed, then again youve got rush, youve got (i think he says boyballs) youve got(inaudible), so, were gonna play this last song and i wanna see you headbanging throughout the entire song, even those parts that dont have drums. Are you ready? (crowd goes nuts) You have been fucking fantastic once again, thank you so much.. Blackwater park!..."
i also have video of him throwing the hat into the crowd

I was there :p You got a good memory, If I don't abuse myself, these were close to the exact words he said.

I was to that show too. That was the last show in Montreal (29th october).

The second band he names after rush was Voidoid. One of his favourites and one of the best canadian metal act of all time.

Don Corleone said:
your avatar pretty much says you're a boy, but i asked that since i found your remark at mikael (precisely speaking: "i want to fuck you") a bit awkward. just a random, worthless question. never mind.

and yes turkish men can be like that.
turkish men are weird and smelly

At the leeds gig some guys had party poppers:

FAH1901.jpg

They scared the shit out of poor peter during a break by setting one off, he thought it was a firecracker or something I guess.. but someone threw one on the stage for mike to use and I don't think he'd ever seen one before.. he just looked at it and said ''Hmm what the fuck is this?'' in his insanely awesome accent then threw it back into the crowd :D

NYC, Town Hall, Nov. 23 -

Towards the end of the show, Mikael said that they played songs from every album. Then he says.... "Unless you want to hear a song from our new album." He then starts plucking these funny sounding notes on his guitar and says... "You like that song?"

I laughed so hard. You had to be there to appreciate this. :lol:

At Hartford a girl in the front row apparently had a sign that said something like "Mikael, please give me a pick." In between songs when he's doing his bit he's like "hang on" and gives her one, mentions the sign and then says something along the lines of "stuff like that always gets me" so someone yells "Give me your guitar!" so he takes his guitar strap off and holds the guitar just out of the guys reach.
For the encore, he comes out and says they're going to play some more but we have to do something special for him. Which is: Everybody in the crowd each give him $5. He keeps talking and doesn't notice that people actually are throwing money on the stage until Peter sees a dollar and taps Mikael's shoulder. He picks the money that has been tossed up, counts, and says "Now I have 2 million and... 4 dollars." Ended up giving the money to someone in the crowd.

Was some other funny bits but a lot of stuff is repeated at every show ;)

Mirrored Ghost said:
NYC, Town Hall, Nov. 23 -

Towards the end of the show, Mikael said that they played songs from every album. Then he says.... "Unless you want to hear a song from our new album." He then starts plucking these funny sounding notes on his guitar and says... "You like that song?"

I laughed so hard. You had to be there to appreciate this. :lol:
lol i remember that...it was good

Don Corleone said:
your avatar pretty much says you're a boy, but i asked that since i found your remark at mikael (precisely speaking: "i want to fuck you") a bit awkward. just a random, worthless question. never mind.

and yes turkish men can be like that.

Ah yes, gotcha... Haha yeah i was kidding, i wouldn't really fuck him.. i just thought it was funny... Haha, and I didn't mean to offend you with that post or anything, so hopefully you didn't take it that way...
Anywho, all hail Mikael

ChrisEmerson said:
Friend: 'Hows your wife? Hows Melinda?'
Mike: 'Melinda isnt my wife! But my wife is fine, and my girl is also fine... That wasn't very metal!'
Another Friend 'OK then, hows Satan?'
Mike: 'I'm fine'

Oh me, oh my! That was an awesome show. Front row, headbanging all the way - yeah, I got whiplash, but it was freakin' worth it! Best live act, plus Mikael was really ON that night as far as the funnies go.

Tom

I always read quotes that Mike has said at concerts so maybe if we could get them all in one place that would be great, cheers!

I'll start:-

"This is our last song cause I gota take a shit!"

:lol:

At the Wiltern when the picture of the inside cover of deliverence was on the screen, "Oh, we got mail".