Miscellaneous beer thread

Anyone tried Peroni? That's alright, they sell it at the student bar at work, and is somewhat the default beer for after-work gatherings.

mmm good value ... whats Bitburger like and oh were the kegs full:lol:

who sells them for that Dan Murphy's

I got one of those BitBurger kegs a few weeks ago and it was fucking horrible stuff. Had half a glass and poured it out. It's not worth $8.

One a better note, I bought some 8-pack beer sampler thing from the bottlo. I've been meaning to try some different beers for a change and saw it for $25 so figured I might as well give it a shot, it's some Xmas gift pack thing I think. I tried the first beer tonight, a 'Pepperjack Hand Crafted Ale' from the Barossa Valley. It was fairly nice, had a really fruity flavour (not surprising considering it has Shiraz in it), and didn't have a strong aftertaste which is good. I'd buy it again.

At 1st Choice we have an international one of those packs and an Aussie one as well, both for around $21.

Pepperjack isn't bad, weird, but not bad. If you liked it, try the Knappstein beer, they are another winery dabbling in making beer with grapes, though the Knappstein is white while the Pepperjack is red.

Shit, this thread's got some legs!

I've not bought beer for home consumption for a bit, for I'm trying to get a bit more in shape. Bought a six pack of Tiger to take to a bbq on Saturday though. I'd had it before a few times over in Singapore and Malaysia, but not for ages. It's not bad. Better than something like Bintang, which is as bad as VB.

Ever had Singha, Winny? That's not bad - they sell it here in some shops, but I've only ever had it in the Thai restaurant we go to every few months.

currently drinking a 'James Squire Golden Ale'. Very nice beer, smooth and very refreshing. I can see myself drinking this during the summer. I've got some 'Amber Ale' too which I'll try later, to see what the difference is.