Miscellaneous beer thread

Blitzkrieg said:
We have a local Dan Murphy's being built at the moment, set to open within the next couple of weeks, so I will have to go take a looky.

Is that the Bendigo one?

My local Dan Murphy's is rumoured to be closing down soon as it isn't profitable enough. Damn Woolworths - now I'm going to have to goto Rouse Hill for cheap grog.

I had a XXXX once. I almost didn't finish it, and I was really thirsty. That said, I don't drink VB out of a bottle though (on tap it's OK). Nup, imported German beer is the way to go. Or Cascade or Coopers if I'm feeling a bit skint.

You're right there, VB is atrocious. I'll drink it if it's free, but won't buy it.

The only beer XXXX is more upmarket than is the aforementioned shite in a green can from Melbourne!

Cooper's is great, but James Squire's is the best drop in the country.

Vitamin B was a staple food for many years, 'till I discovered Carlton Draught, and finally Coopers' Sparkling ale.

Guiness (stout) is a great desert beer (i don't have desert, but will sip a Guiness while people "enjoy" their sugar rush mud cakes.

Goreripper said:
Crown Lager is just VB with a gold label slapped on it. It's even made in the same vats.

That's a lie! It's made in lots of different vats, then blended together. It's more than just VB. But it's still just dregs in a gold bottle.

I just tried Gosser, an Austrian beer. Very nice indeed on a hot day like today.

The only worse beer I can remember having than VB was a watered-down Welsh Bitter that I had after an Everton match in Liverpool. That was crap.

I reckon australia should bring in what england has where you can drink anywhere you want. Imagine jumping on a train or bus going out somewhere and downing a few stubbies before..then walking there having more beer.

That would kick alot of arse.

Yeah it'd be sensational. I also reckon beer should be sold on supermarket shelves like it is in England. Or in 7-11 like it is in Asia.