Miscellaneous beer thread

You're all surprised that I haven't posted yet, considering I LIKE BEERS.

My ol' favourite and the one I always go back to - Melbourne Bitter. It just has it's own unique taste in the world of similar tasting Aussie beers. I don't know if it's an acquired taste or not (seeing as I've drunk it for such a long time), but once you're on it, you're on it.

Imported beers, I like them big ol' GROLSCH bottles. Probably the best beer I've ever tasted. Y'know those half litre bottles with the pop lid that can reseal? Mmmm MMMM. Expensive as all buggery though.

Different pubs have different tasting VB/CD on tap and I usually only go for those beers when I can. Usually the CD is better than the VB, but I find at most of the Mildura pubs, VB is better.

Of course there's Coopers Pale in Adelaide, which is also a good time for me.

I really like Budweiser. I don't care what anyone says. It tastes great. Same with Heineken (although I prefer bud). I also like a bit of Stella Artois and Amsterdam Mariner (Amsterdam Mariner = $9 6 packs = ROKKIN'!!) for the similar *but not quite as good* taste.

And last but not least to talk about - Kilkenny. A beer to put balls on your balls. At least those cans with the balls in them do. When you first try them, it tastes like SHIT. When you keep drinking them... they still kinda taste like shit, but gee they leave you feeling nice. You just sit there and smile after a nice pint o' Killkenny.

And there's my wrap up for now. I hope you enjoyed reading.

Kilkenny and guiness cannot be drunk or should be drunk from a can. You are meant to pour them into a glass and let them settle first. That is why they taste shit.

Kilkenny in a pint glass is a top drink. Especially when its only $6 at an irish pub here in brissy.

I like beer. In fact, just last night I drank a lot of beer.
And now I feel sad.

Icarus said:
Kilkenny and guiness cannot be drunk or should be drunk from a can. You are meant to pour them into a glass and let them settle first. That is why they taste shit.

Kilkenny in a pint glass is a top drink. Especially when its only $6 at an irish pub here in brissy.

:lol: I'm not stupid. We have pint glasses at home, I poured it into one of them.

I think it's an $11 4 pack of Kilkenny at Dan Murphy's, so every now and then I indulge a bit. It doesn't taste as good as Melbourne or Grolsch or any beer that isn't of the Kilkenny variety (I don't know their technical names), but it leaves you feeling better than the others.

I've just been drinking New lately - my boss bought me two cases after I had been drinking it at work outings.

I try not to have too expensive tastes since I'm not the most cashed up guy - but if I'm going to have a splurge it's usually on bourbons or rums.

Also out of interest - anyone drink wine? I've only really gotten into it for the past year (since I've been getting it for free).

ceydn said:
You're all surprised that I haven't posted yet, considering I LIKE BEERS.

I really like Budweiser. I don't care what anyone says. It tastes great. Same with Heineken (although I prefer bud). I also like a bit of Stella Artois and Amsterdam Mariner (Amsterdam Mariner = $9 6 packs = ROKKIN'!!) for the similar *but not quite as good* taste.

I was very surprised you hadn't posted, ceydn, given your beer-liking status. :)

Grolsch is nice, though I haven't had it to yonks. I prefer it to Heineken, which I also like.

Kilkenny's good; in Ireland it's called Smithwick's, with the Kilkenny brand used for the overseas market, as it's brewed in Kilkenny. I went on a tour of the brewery once upon a time. That was fun, from memory.

I had a Budweiser once, and it was better than I expected. I'd have it again.

At Dan Murphy's there are imported beers which cost about the same as local ones, which is nice. Amsterdam Mariner's a good example, and it's very good for the price.

I also like drinking wine, red or white. It's good to have a taste for it, as it's often more likely to be available free than beer is. :)

Mariner is shite, absolute shite, unless it's free, then it's good :headbang:

Kilkenny is ace as fuck, and as my wise wise mate Iccy stated it needs to be drunk from the glass.

And cedyn I think the fact you like it might be the first smart thing you have ever said

I'm trying to get a bit of alcohol into me, so why did I just open a Cooper's Mild Ale, which is only 3.3%? I think I might be a fuckhead.

Haha! Drunk at 8:18pm! :)

Now I'm drinking a Kozel, which is a Czech beer. I can highly recommend this one; I've had a couple of their beers, and they have shitloads of flavour.