Miscellaneous beer thread

Ah cool, I like Stella too.

Dan Murphy's rocks. Unfortunately, these days it is owned by Woolworths. Coles Myer are buying and expanding another similar chain, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

Anyone ever brewed any stout? I just bought some Coopers stout to make.

What about Cascade Premium Light? I enjoy that. :)
Mid-strength beers seem to be gaining popularity in the Nt Queensland..

Yeah I will, Southy. I always let my beers sit for 3 months before I try them. Doesn't mean they're crash hot yet; I'm still working on that. :)

Cascade Premium Light tastes good when you pour it into a glass. Out of the bottle it's a bit tasteless.

Hahn Premium Light is great, especially when it's hot. :headbang: I often drink light beer when I'm going to be driving.

oh yeah! haha.. I'd forgotten about that skank beer.
I was speaking of Carlton Mid-Strength.. the rubbish they force on us Victorians at the football and cricket. :loco:

Nothing wrong with xxxx gold :)

I dont like it how beer is so expensive at sporting matches. Suncorp stadium here in brissy is literally a 2 min walk from the xxxx brewery yet they still charge $5 for a cup of gold. Thats crazy. It's not as if they have massive transport costs. Talk about a price hike. I still pay it though :(

XXXX Gold would be the only beer I would drink if I couldn't drink full strength. I used to live in Cairns and it's like a religion up there or something to drink it.

Anywho, I can safely say that there is no beer that isn't full strength that I like. That I've tried anyway, and I don't intend to try any more.

But going sort of against what I said before - mid-strength beer is the most pointless beer in the history of the world.

If you wanna get drunk - drink heavy.

If you don't wanna get drunk - drink light.

I don't get it. Why is mid-strength there. So you can piss more on your way to getting drunk? So you can drink less before you drive?

/me shrugs