Miscellaneous beer thread

Did anybody see that show on Nine 'Clever" they speed up the Home Brew proceess by puting the Beer in the Washing machine on I think a slow rinse cycle....

Grolsch is probably the best beer I've tasted. Too bad it's so fucking EXPENSIVE. My GOD! Love it to death though. If I was richer...

I tried Millers for the first time a week or so back. It wasn't too bad... very malty. The main reason I tried it is because me and mate were in the bottleshop laughing about our antics where we tricked this dumb bird into believing that Wentworth Miller had a colostomy bag and that's why you never saw full body shots on Prison Break. She was heartbroken.

But yeah, then we saw "MILLERS" and had to get it.

Pretty humourous story right there :thumbsup:

'tis a good beer, but it's quite a while since I had it.

Love yer story there, ceydn. :lol:

Interesting to see how that'd work, Bucko! Might be good as an experiment, but it's not something I'd care to try myself.

Speaking of home brew, I put a batch of stout on to brew last night. Fingers crossed it turns alright....

Grolsch is a fine drink along with Little Creatures, Stella, Kilkeny, Heineken & Tooheys Old mmm.

Sick of Coopers Pale Ale (after drinking it ritualy for a while) but the occassional Sparkling is still a treat.

I drink alot of red wine, as I tend to go through cartons to quickly if I drink beers every night - not that there is anything wrong with that but my budget wont allow it! Hardys and Wolf Blass do nice cheap ones.

Here's me and some Czech friends yesterday.

robbeers.jpg

Fuck yeah. I can't get enough of it. Bier ist gut anyway...... :)

I'm afraid average Australian beer isn't anywhere as near as good as average European beer. There are lots of good Australian beers (James Squire, Coopers, Little Creatures etc), but the stuff below that is pretty average. Even Tooheys Old has nowhere near the taste of a dark ale from this part of the world.

Anyway, beer! :headbang:

They have those in Germany, but I'm not sure they do in other places (they might do). Belgians put different stuff in their beers, which makes them tasty. Not chemicals, but good stuff, like spices and orange peel. Imaginative....

I had pints of Hoegaarden last night for $2.25 each. Rockin'.

Yeah man, there's both boobs (awesome heads too) and cheap beer. Get your glam arse over here. Europe are playing tomorrow night. The cheaper beer is, the better it tastes. I had a $2 pint of dark Budweiser (the Czech version) just before. Awesome.

I'm now drinking a 60c 0.5% alcohol beer that tastes better than the majority of full-strength Australian beers. Why is that so? I'm not trying to bag out Australian beers as such, but I think things could be a lot better there on that front. Should we have to pay premium price to pay something that doesn't taste like cat piss? That's my beef....

What's the name of the beer a few schooners of at that pub before the grand final, Brian? That was at a normal price, and tasted very nice. If I could get that in Melbourne I'd be happy. God I'm shit at remembering the names of things like that. :)

I just had a Coopers Pale. That's a staple these days.

So much good beer around. Always checking out the import section at the bottle shop(s). I can't drink shit beer anymore. Belgian Beer Cafe's selection FTW.

Yeah there is a heap of good stuff around. Thank god for Dan Murphy's. I can't handle shit beer anymore either, but sometimes that's all that's available e.g. at a work function, when there's beer on the tab, but only VB.

Just before Christmas I was at the bottlo getting some Heineken, and there was a bogan guy in there complaining to the clerk about the price of a case of VB. I wanted to tell him that the easiest solution would be to buy some decent beer instead, but I held my tongue. :)

Hehe that must have been tough. I felt like saying the same thing a few times when I saw people order VB in places like Adelaide. Ever heard of Cooper's....? :)

On another note, the Indian beer Kingfisher is rather nice. I like the strong version, at 8% alcohol. Rather potent, to say the least.