Moderator voting

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Please post here for your choice(s) for a new mod. Please keep in mind that past UM.com behavior is also going to be considered before I would set some one up as a mod. Vote away!

my vote is for Speed or Final Product. Both have decent things to say and are regular posters

Birkenau or Demiurge. speed, whilst regular and not completely incompetent, seems too relaxed and patient. Note that I said too patient and not just "patient".

There needs to be knuckling down on some of the retarded posters that post non-stop tripe (which is essentially why I don't post here as often as I would otherwise), and I think one of the people I mentioned would be appropriate to deal with that.

I urge you all to reconsider your votes. It is much harder to remove an ineffective moderator (who isn't offensive), than it is to have one appointed if there is no existing reign.

misfit said:
Birkenau or Demiurge. speed, whilst regular and not completely incompetent, seems too relaxed and patient. Note that I said too patient and not just "patient".

There needs to be knuckling down on some of the retarded posters that post non-stop tripe (which is essentially why I don't post here as often as I would otherwise), and I think one of the people I mentioned would be appropriate to deal with that.

I urge you all to reconsider your votes. It is much harder to remove an ineffective moderator (who isn't offensive), than it is to have one appointed if there is no existing reign.

I take that on board, entirely. But i disagree insomuch as i reckon speed would be effective in moderating the board in a manner that suits everyone here. I think he'd be good at moderating the nonsense posted and keeping the forum focused towards intelligent discussion for an intelligent and mature populous.

Silver Incubus said:
I don't care as long as they aren't a power flaunting jerk.

I'm in support of that too. I know some of the folks here would rule with an iron fist, and while i dont think idiots should be tolerated, some folks may genuinley be trying to express something and not have the capabilities to. My point is: kick out the idiots, but don't make some elitist dude the moderator. Once again, i throw speed into the hat.

Final_Product said:
I'm in support of that too. I know some of the folks here would rule with an iron fist, and while i dont think idiots should be tolerated, some folks may genuinley be trying to express something and not have the capabilities to. My point is: kick out the idiots, but don't make some elitist dude the moderator. Once again, i throw speed into the hat.

Well, Final Product, I dont know what I did to elicit such support. I think you Final Product would also be an excellent moderator, as would Demiurge if he wanted to be. Personally I think the only problem this forum has is the increasing amount of idiotic threads--which need to be closed or moved. I hope the person that is elected, will be comfortable enough with their own beliefs not to censor any opposing, or poorly worded but well-intentioned, viewpoints.