Non-Metal moderator ballot

Satanstoenail talks way too much smack

I don't even know what that means.

& can't accept a person's opinion for what it is.

:confused:

When I signed up he had a problem with me being a fan of Dream Theater (I think that was what it was, can't quite remember) then he persisted on trying to make a fool out of me, which I am not. Maybe he was having a bad week, I don't know, I just remember it being an unnecessary immature argument that I didn't start. I guess people think it's acceptable to pick on the n00b, I just wouldn't want someone with the kind of temper moderating a board where you're supposed to keep arguments at a minimum. Sorry STN.

When you signed up I had a problem with you bragging about the hundreds of gigabytes of music you download and recommending that others do it as a 'way of saving cash'. I don't even remember the Dream Theater thing.

I can't elect myself, & these two seem like the most mature canidates so far I would say. Mathiäs might have talked crap to me for some dumb reason (like difference in opinion) but I'm not 100% sure it was him I had the altercation with.

I can't speak for Belligerent. More people here seem to be talking bad about him, so I dunno. There's probably a reason behind it.

Satanstoenail talks way too much smack & can't accept a person's opinion for what it is. When I signed up he had a problem with me being a fan of Dream Theater (I think that was what it was, can't quite remember) then he persisted on trying to make a fool out of me, which I am not. Maybe he was having a bad week, I don't know, I just remember it being an unnecessary immature argument that I didn't start. I guess people think it's acceptable to pick on the n00b, I just wouldn't want someone with the kind of temper moderating a board where you're supposed to keep arguments at a minimum. Sorry STN.

I originally disliked you because you came into the GMD flamboyantly talking about how downloading music is cheaper than actually buying the cd's, which pissed a lot of people (including me) off. That's all. You are a better poster now it seems.

When you signed up I had a problem with you bragging about the hundreds of gigabytes of music you download and recommending that others do it as a 'way of saving cash'. I don't even remember the Dream Theater thing.

Yeah, I had the same problem.

I can't speak for Belligerent. More people here seem to be talking bad about him, so I dunno. There's probably a reason behind it.
:erk:I consider myself and The Ozzman two of the coolest dudes on here. First and foremost I am a pretty passive person for the most part. Just like anyone here, If I feel the need to knock a band I will but I never lash out on anyone for no good reason. Not everyone here is going to have the same tastes, therefore you have to feel everybody out first and find the people who have tastes similar to yours. For example:
V5 - One of the few on here who actually dig's Soilwork like I do
The Ozzman - Devildriver (we might be the only 2 lol)
Faith No More - (both love Hair Metal of course)

There's others but you catch my drift.

musical knowledge ? Ratt-Gypsy Road ?

honest human mistakes but not worthy of moderator status

You didn't have the whole thing.

And yes Ratt owns. Gypsy Road is one of the best rock songs ever.

i hope thats a joke because gypsy road is cinderella

No. That was me being retarded and probably stoned.
My fav.Ratt songs are Back for more and round n' round.

I'm not sure who would make a good mod, everyone has their own flaws.

It really wasn't even like that & I don't DL near that much anyways. I said this stupid thing to someone probably out of drunkeness or n00bness that went something like "if you can't afford to buy all that music you can just download it" :p (yes, I likely even followed my dumb remark by the obligatory smiley). I didn't foresee people here being quite that serious. It was a tongue in cheek stupid thing I said because I just wasn't thinking about about what I said before I said it. The big thing that got me was how a hand full of folks just started bad mouthing me saying ridiculous things & then everyone seemed to come to the conclusion that I download all my music & I don't own any CDs, which is untrue. I have quite a rummagable CD collection & I have sold many in the past as well. I even bought about 6-7 CDs over the past month & I just bought a music DVD. I bought like 5-6 music DVDs at one time last month & I have a great collection of those. I'm not anti-supporting-artists-who-work-their-asses-off.

We all make mistakes or say something stupid sometimes. Another thing that pissed me off was that one of the folks here who was bad mouthing me to hell & back in that thread was talking about burning someone a mixed CD-R full of albums & setting up a trade-ring of sorts where people can just trade mixed CDs full of albums which is just as bad as downloading, don't kid yourselves (not talking to anyone in this thread, I don't think).

Sorry about the rant, I just said something stupid & I don't think all the hate was called for as it got childish to a point especially after I admitted that downloading was not right 3-5 times. You can't un-do what you've already done though.

Anyways, everyone here is cool with me now, I just think Mathias & Alter would be the best people for the job :)

It gets like that alot on forums, mob mentality. You have to wonder who just speaking their mind and whos trying to impress the crowd.

As far as copying music its always been like that since my days in the 70's amounst groups of friends. Way back, one guy would buy a vinyl and it would get passed around (to those you knew took care of their albums & turntables), rarely would everyone buy the same album. One guy this one and another that one. Then came cassettes and blank cassettes. I cant think of many people that spent much more than $100 a year on cassettes. Today you drop that much on 6 or 7 CDs. Cassettes were 8-9 bucks and far more complex, mechanically. I'll grant that this internet thing is a whole nother ballgame and quite damageing to the labels and somewhat to the artists who recieve little from CD's but a little of 200,000 adds up.

I now think Alter would be a good mod because he likes a lot of music, he wants to make Non-Metal actually worth posting in, and he never starts arguements or takes part in them. The only problem I have with him is the way he deals with some of the threads, and also his countless mentions of indie bands. Other than that he would be a good mod.

We all make mistakes or say something stupid sometimes. Another thing that pissed me off was that one of the folks here who was bad mouthing me to hell & back in that thread was talking about burning someone a mixed CD-R full of albums & setting up a trade-ring of sorts where people can just trade mixed CDs full of albums which is just as bad as downloading, don't kid yourselves (not talking to anyone in this thread, I don't think).

Hardly. Sending sample cd's is an excellent way to find bands / rec bands to people. It isn't illegal, either. :)

Mathiäs;6788493 said:
Hardly. Sending sample cd's is an excellent way to find bands / rec bands to people. It isn't illegal, either. :)

Sending CDs loaded with albums is just as bad as downloading the album, don't kid yourself Bro. You're just going about doing the same thing in a different way. It's just as bad for the artists. The only way to support the artists is to buy their CDs/DVDs new, concert tickets, & their merchandise at their shows. There are a few other ways as well, but those are likely the main ones. "It's not stealing, it's giving it away" is a dumb argument dude, you're smarter than that.

Sending CDs loaded with albums is just as bad as downloading the album, don't kid yourself Bro. You're just going about doing the same thing in a different way. It's just as bad for the artists. The only way to support the artists is to buy their CDs/DVDs new, concert tickets, & their merchandise at their shows. There are a few other ways as well, but those are likely the main ones. "It's not stealing, it's giving it away" is a dumb argument dude, you're smarter than that.

It's not like we're sending anything that is easily found. We're sharing rare/hard to find stuff that others haven't heard. Most of those bands don't tour/have any records in any major stores.

So yeah. I'm not saying I don't download; it's essential for me to discover bands. But I buy most of the music I d/l, so it's ok. I'm sure most bands would rather me download their music off some kvlt server first instead of not discovering them at all, meaning I wouldn't buy their stuff.

Well, you can damn near download ANYTHING just about dude, so it's essentially a different way of doing the same thing. If I burn someone a mixed CD-R of Massacra albums & they listen to it they would be enjoying all their music without paying for it. You can still take their CD-R full of albums that was sent to you by a friend & listen to it & choose not to buy the albums after that if you don't want to. Only difference is someone is paying for a CD-R, but the band will not see any of the $0.20 for that CD-R.

Jeez, I'm tired. Yawn. We don't need to talk about it, but I still will occasionally use DLing as a means to listen to bands I would not hear otherwise, same as you.