Non-Metal moderator ballot

Thanks for the overwhelming votes so far guys. So if you can take The Ozzman's advice MetalAges and create a poll thread instead. Either way, I feel that I can steer the Non-Metal forum in the right direction. My musical tastes are very in depth...ranging from an insane amount of 80's pop/rock knowledge, Classic Rock, 70's Prog, and pretty much everything besides Country. Overall I'm very open minded when it comes to music and feel that I'm the best choice.

I think you and I would be a good pair, as we both have impeccable taste :oops:

I have a ton of experience doing this. I modded the OT at Replica Prop Forums for five years until I grew tired of the place. Never really had any complaints.

But, I think a poll should be made obviously.

yayz!

I propose of 'trial period' of sorts. Like a two month test drive. If ya'll don't like someone/something, changes will be made.

moderating isnt about what you know its about keeping the forum and topics in line, stopping personal attacks,negative topic subjects, failure to except individual preferences, stuff like that.

I agree with everything you just said 100%. I do think that it is also important to be interested in the subject at hand.

I would love to do it, but I know Im new here. Im a responsible dude, but I wont beg, just say that I would like to do it.

If not, my votes go to Mathias and Alter. I think two MODs is a great idea, as one person might not be able to be around all the time.

Cheers to those who voted for me. Yeah I'm up for the challenge for sure. I visit the forum every day and always have a look in the non-metal section. My non-metal knowledge is vast and I'd be very happy to clean up the crap in this section. I'd like to see this place as somewhere metalheads can come and discover new bands in different styles instead of a slag-fest with too many pointless threads being created. I've been involved in other forums as well as being around this place for a while now.

I'd like to see this place as somewhere metalheads can come and discover new bands in different styles instead of a slag-fest with too many pointless threads being created.

That is the first thing I noticed when I came back to this forum a few days ago. Too many threads about things that suck/you hate/are annoying which just aren't very constructive or interesting at all.

You have my vote.

Either Belligerent or Bloodsword. Both seem to know what they're talking about. And they're not arguementative.
Thanx Feathers. But, I can be arguementative. Something I'm trying to remove from my posts. And I can be bullheaded if I feel strongly about something. 2 traits that wouldn't serve well for a moderator. Plus, I don't have the time. Once again, I vote Belligerent. Look at his album banner for confirmation of good musical taste.

I have a good knowledge of 80s glam rock/metal and new wave. I think I would make a good mod. I go to this forum almost everyday, though I don't post too much.

However, if I can't nominate myself, then I'll nominate Faith No More. I think that he would make a pretty good mod, and he fits this section just fine, considering that most people here do not consider glam to be metal. =P

First let me make it clear I have no problems with Belligerent but as a mod, no friggin way. So let me do some political slandering, though its honest

1. Started the thread "5 bands that should die" wasnt long before nearly every non metal band was named. Counter productive
2. I've seen some buddy system in play
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko
Sounds about right. How about this...

Recipe for popular rappers...
1. Wears more jewelry than your grandmother (lots of gold)
2. Lyrics repeating the same short phrase 500 times
3. Songs that feature 10 other rappers

Belligerent: #4. Black and worthless
dont like rap myself but this was blantant racism
And yes Ratt owns. Gypsy Road is one of the best rock songs ever.
musical knowledge ? Ratt-Gypsy Road ?

honest human mistakes but not worthy of moderator status

I can't elect myself, & these two seem like the most mature canidates so far I would say. Mathiäs might have talked crap to me for some dumb reason (like difference in opinion) but I'm not 100% sure it was him I had the altercation with.

I can't speak for Belligerent. More people here seem to be talking bad about him, so I dunno. There's probably a reason behind it.

Satanstoenail talks way too much smack & can't accept a person's opinion for what it is. When I signed up he had a problem with me being a fan of Dream Theater (I think that was what it was, can't quite remember) then he persisted on trying to make a fool out of me, which I am not. Maybe he was having a bad week, I don't know, I just remember it being an unnecessary immature argument that I didn't start. I guess people think it's acceptable to pick on the n00b, I just wouldn't want someone with the kind of temper moderating a board where you're supposed to keep arguments at a minimum. Sorry STN.

Satanstoenail talks way too much smack & can't accept a person's opinion for what it is. When I signed up he had a problem with me being a fan of Dream Theater (I think that was what it was, can't quite remember) then he persisted on trying to make a fool out of me, which I am not. Maybe he was having a bad week, I don't know, I just remember it being an unnecessary immature argument that I didn't start. I guess people think it's acceptable to pick on the n00b, I just wouldn't want someone with the kind of temper moderating a board where you're supposed to keep arguments at a minimum. Sorry STN.

When was that one, I must have missed it.... :lol: The Dream Theater hate club is more amusing than the fans.