more bad-times music

BigFakeSmile

toe much love!
Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
this band is not metal, but they make slow, gloomy pretty music so maybe some people who like katatonia will like them with me. i dont work for the band or anything, i just want to share my discovery.

ot: last night/this morning i had a really nice long car drive with lfdgd and porcupine trees delerium years

http://www.tenyeardrought.com/

:zombie: i just clicked on your signature and thats possibly the weirdest thing ive seen in a long, long time

i posted here once i think to talk about how 'the future of speech' kicks my ass and yours... and yo, chill with using my slave name, im now going with my viking name, katja oakenspear :gay:

BigFakeSmile said:
they make slow, gloomy pretty music so maybe some people who like katatonia will like them with me.
Count me in! Man, this is some good stuff. I really dig this kind of music - got quite a few CDs by Songs: Ohia, Mojave 3, Early Day Miners, Red House Painters, Migala, Bonnie Prince Billy, 16 Horsepower and the likes. Be sure to check out "Star Is Just A Sun" by THE WHITE BIRCH and anything by ELSYIAN FIELDS - the one that has Jennifer Charles as vocalist. There simply is no better music to make love to.:D Oh, and Porcupine Tree rule (saw 'em live earlier this year, excellent!).

oh hi again... here's another sad/pretty/mellow band... although apparently their album has been out like a year in europe but we are just getting it here. anyway, if you like any of that british wuss rock (and i DO) maybe you will enjoy (they are icelandic by the way). www.leavesmusic.com

Red House Painters is definetly my favourite band in this genre (if you could call it a genre).
Katy Song and Summer Dress is two kickass songs. If you haven't heard them already, give them a try.

hello. this is the thread where i recommend music thats not metal that i think you guys might actually like. this band jucifer has sabbathy riffs and a kind of modern lo-fi thing happening, and with a chick singer who goes from normal indie sweet chick vox to the occasional raspy scream.

also, i dont fuck around. i dont just go around suggesting shit. its gotta be special.

www.jucifer.com

hello, have we talked lake trout yet? this band is dark, fuzzy rock with tasteful electronics. you know, like a rock use of electronics? like beck only not funny and annoying, or garbage only miserable and no chick? or something... you guys would probably dig the song "last words" which not only is great sounding but contains the devastating line "dont let the last words i say to you be im sorry." the entire new album (the only one i have) is miserable, and when i saw this band live a few years ago i was struck by their awesomeness.

www.laketrout.com

I hope you guys haven't missed out on Godspeed You Black Emperor... They are fucking great... Really emotional music. The only bad thing is that they are Christian and tend to have people preaching in their songs... but, what the heck! CHECK IT OUT! =D

And yeah, you must check out a localband from my town, awesome band. They're called "Jettie". I know, not the best name but don't be fooled by it, they make really great music, lots of melancholy and stuff...

http://www.jettieband.com

Seems like a little misdirected neo folk anyway for something a little more uh deep look for death in june.

ps. GYBE is music for emo kids with black rimmed glasses and livejournals.