Most Annoying?!

Which is the most annoying?

• Diaper wearing, newbies trying to flame the regulars?

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Metal or Not Threads?!

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • "Dream Team" Line Ups?!

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Top 5 or 10 lists?!

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dodens Grav said:
Firehead, you come in here acting like a dickhead, insulting people who've found a sanctuary of a forum where they're comfortable, enjoying the fact that they have a legitimate community. Of course those who've been here longer will be most comfortable talking to those that have been here the longest. It's common sense. It has nothing to do with how many posts they all have. Take a step back and look at what you've just done; you've stepped into a new forum, and the first thing you do is make a snide remark to rile up the natives. What reaction were you going for? An intentional argument? Just settle down and enjoy the forum instead of trying to be a hero for all of the people who are new here.

You totally got my Respect with that post! :wave:

Igor_Cavalera said:
Okay.. What's with that Firehead guy?
I find the regulars around here really friendly.
And if anyone's a dumb thread posting newbie around here it's me.

So Firehead, either get to know people before insulting them, or go over to General Music Discussion.

Welcome to the board Igor, and the same goes for Firehead if he simply straightens up and doesn't act like a child. Everyone here wants this little section of UM to grow and become a larger community, but you can bet we won't allow this place to become like the general forum where 25% of the posts are little more than bashing other's tatses.
We talk about oldschool bands and thrash and even newer bands that fans of oldschool would appreciate. We even get off-topic (a little bit) from time to time just to keep things fresh. I think you will find this forum is quite friendly and welcomes newbies with open arms as long as they make quality posts and replies as opposed to "_______ sucks" etc.

Bryant

Igor_Cavalera said:
Thanks for the welcome Bryant, I'm proud to be a member :D

Yeah, not really newbie. We joined about the same time, so we are somewhere in between newbie and regular now :Spin:

Wyvern said:
You are so regular you stink! :p

Clammy we need the new Exciter album, so we can post the "Top Five Bass players" thread :D

Why, thank you... I think! :heh:

As far as "Top 5 bass players" go... I'm not a flashy player... more "meat and potatoes" type. I hold down the bottom end while John wails away! ;)

We're currently writing the new album, with the goal of recording and releasing it in 2005.

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Clammy said:
Why, thank you... I think! :heh:

As far as "Top 5 bass players" go... I'm not a flashy player... more "meat and potatoes" type. I hold down the bottom end while John wails away! ;)

Cheers!
:D Thats how a Bass player should be! Thats my philosophy when playing Bass Let the Guitar player play the fluttery all over the place stuff Somebody has to Keep the rythem going hehehehe I love playing bass :Spin:

JonnyD said:
:D Thats how a Bass player should be! Thats my philosophy when playing Bass Let the Guitar player play the fluttery all over the place stuff Somebody has to Keep the rythem going hehehehe I love playing bass :Spin:

Yup, even when I played guitar in bands, I was always the rhythm guitarist (so the switch to bass, 8 years ago, was easy and natural for me). I've never really been into playing solos, but I LOVE playing songs. For me it's ALL about the rhythm. That said, I love LISTENING to a weel crafted solo!

Cheers!

Clammy said:
For me it's ALL about the rhythm.
I know pregnant women who believed the same :loco:

2005? Oh well, I guess we can wait.

Stand by for Exciter...

I don't mind all of the "Top 5", "Dream Team", and "Metal or Not" threads. When it's slow in the music world, there has to be some action on these boards or people will leave, which is exactly what we don't want.

As for the newbies, the only one's I don't like are the ones that get used to all the flaming on the other boards and try to leak it into here. Maybe they don't know any better, maybe they think they have mad flaming skillz and want to crash the party. Who knows?

I do my share of flaming and trolling if appropriate on other boards but I don't bring it here.

This is an old folks home. We are a peaceful community and demand we be left to go about our daily activities without disruption. Failure to comply will result in the offender being pelted with a salvo of false teeth, canes, and assorted bottled ointments. And yes, the canes are METAL!