Most Anticipated Albums of 2007

yeah, SoTS has killed a lot of good stuff beside being one of the most overrated metal CD's ever. All the fast Haunted songs like "Undead", "Chasm", "No Compromise" etc. easily kill the SoTS songs. Mostly because an awesome singer like Dolving trades place with sucky-ass Lindberg.

Lindberg...the official vocal whore of metal...bah!

Next to SOTS in the most overrated albums in metal history is....(I may get crucifucked for this)

Reign In Blood.

nah. I love Slayer and Reign In Blood is very, very good. But it isn't as good as its reputation. I'll agree upon that. My favourite CD is Seasons anyway.

Speaking of Lindberg, he screwed up The Crown's "Crowned In Terror" bigtime before Elvis-Johan came back and owned him. Thats his biggest crime against metal in my book.

I'll admit that's the reason I ever found out about The Crown...But I hated that album. Deathrace King was always my favorite.

Fuuck yeah regarding Deathrace King. That album is rock 'n roll and Death Metal all in one package like nothing else. You should pick up Crowned Unholy (CIT with Johan on vocs) and see though. Sounds pretty good except some production fuckups.

I actually listened to some RIB today and realised I love most of those noname songs, especially Piece By Piece and Necrophobic. But it's not a 90% album for me, maybe an 85

How can a band go from some technical death metal...some of the best, then make this accessible gothenburgy melodic crappy happy shit?
No offence, but what are you talking about man? I'm not saying which is better, but SoTS is obviously faster and more aggressive than their earlier stuff.. Terminal Spirit Disease surely. It surely ain't happy, you must have confused it with one of your In Flames CD's or something. There's no way you can listen to SoTS and say 'this sounds happy'. Just.. not. It frickin' boils with anger and frustration!

And about the Crown, THIS IS HELL FTW!!!!!! \m/

RIB is like a sandwich. You have the 4-plus minute songs on the end...then just 1-3 minute fast ones that just go through like nothing. I prefer their more longer songs to those. If I want some fast low minute Thrash/Crossover I'll go to Cryptic Slaughter, Vio-lence (Mainly just for Serial Killer because it's so damn good) or even newcomers like Municipal Waste.

Kreator, Sodom, and Venom have some nice fast low minute ones but like Slayer I prefer the longer songs...they just accomplish much more in those ones to me.

Well I understand the standpoint Kev, it's just something that makes me put on Piece By Piece anyway :) Speaking of Kreator, that's some good shit. All material from 84-90 is gold. Too bad the new stuff is pretty bland beside a couple of great songs like Replicas of Life and the EoG track

No offence, but what are you talking about man? I'm not saying which is better, but SoTS is obviously faster and more aggressive than their earlier stuff.. Terminal Spirit Disease surely. It surely ain't happy, you must have confused it with one of your In Flames CD's or something. There's no way you can listen to SoTS and say 'this sounds happy'. Just.. not. It frickin' boils with anger and frustration!

And about the Crown, THIS IS HELL FTW!!!!!! \m/

I said nothing about speed or aggression...keyword: Technicality...which SOTS left out. And there are some happy riffs in there. And I would always find Red In The Sky way more hate driven then Slaughter. His vocals imo turned to total shit after Terminal. Just the same stuff over and over again on SOTS...nothing varies hardly.

OK, misquoted you there a bit, mixed you and Stefan's post up a bit I guess ;)

Anyway, I'm not a musician, but my brother's band (who are pretty competent musicians if I may be so frank and biased) covered 2 songs from SoTS ("Cold" and "Under A Serpent Sun", the latter featured on the ATG tribute released 2 years ago) and they definitely weren't all that easy to play. So it may sound less technical, under the surface it still pretty much is..

Anyway I can agree that SoTS can invoke a certain feeling of aggression. Back when I could take Lindberg's vocs I used to get going by many of the songs. Today I just see many bands doing things superior to what ATG did. The Haunted with Dolving do the fast, melodic songs better and there are about a gazillion better swedish death bands than early ATG.

Well my buddies and I used to be in a band and they just loved playing Gothenburg songs and covering them. They used to play the whole Jester Race album to warm up for practice, and played plenty of SOTS songs to warm up also...where I'm getting at is they just figured those out on their own and even if I asked them they would say they aren't technical at all. It all really depends what kind of musicians are playing what I suppose. I'm pretty much an amateur to Guitar playing as I'm more of a vocalist and bassist. Soooooo yeah.

Well my buddies and I used to be in a band and they just loved playing Gothenburg songs and covering them. They used to play the whole Jester Race album to warm up for practice, and played plenty of SOTS songs to warm up also...where I'm getting at is they just figured those out on their own and even if I asked them they would say they aren't technical at all. It all really depends what kind of musicians are playing what I suppose. I'm pretty much an amateur to Guitar playing as I'm more of a vocalist and bassist. Soooooo yeah.
I'm sure they could figure out the main chords and all, but covering a song warming up for practice and covering a song and playing it 100% correct are two different things. Many bands 'easy up' songs they cover so they can play them and it sounds somehow recognisable.
Pantera? You mean Exhorder right? ;)
Exwho??

:p