Most badass metalsinger?

He's one of my least favorites of all time. His voice and their guitar tones make it all but impossible for me to listen to even early Metallica.

Jeff

Ok I'll weigh in (and these are in no particular order):

1. Devin Townsend
2. Russel Allen
3. Mike Patton
4. Hansi Kürsch
5. Rob Halford
6. David Defeis
7. Urban Breed
8. Tomi Joutsen (toured with him, this skinny fucker can ROAR like noone's business)
9. Chuck Billy
10. Martin Walkyier (Civil War Dance baby!!!!)

I was reading through this thread realizing I don't have that much respect for singers in this genre. I know what they do is hard for some reason though it's harder for me to call up some names that really stick out in my head. My criteria for a good singer though is someone who is unique (all you have to do is hear them and you know it's them) and can sing on pitch without auto tune help. There are allot of singers that fit this bill but I can't seem to pick out any favorites.

It's so much easier to rate played instruments than it is voice. One thing for certain though it's very easy to pick out a shit singer.

All that said, I don't think I have any favorites.

Not necessarily in the "singer" cata-gory but if you're talking about straight up bad ass then I'm gonna have to say this guy:

obituary1.jpg

I was reading through this thread realizing I don't have that much respect for singers in this genre. I know what they do is hard for some reason though it's harder for me to call up some names that really stick out in my head. My criteria for a good singer though is someone who is unique (all you have to do is hear them and you know it's them) and can sing on pitch without auto tune help. There are allot of singers that fit this bill but I can't seem to pick out any favorites.

Yeah, it might be hard to find one of those singers in a genre as metal, but I think Phil Anselmo has a very unique voice and a great sence of pitch.
Other then him its really only Ozzy and Zakk I think have unique voices.

Edit: Im sorry if ive spelled something wrong or anything like that, im a poor half drunk swede right now. ;D

Almost all of my favorites have been listed already... except

John Arch & Ray Alder (Fates Warning)

No mention of Randy Blythe yet?