Most badass metalsinger?

Not really a metal vocalist...but is anyone a fan of Christopher Hall from Stabbing Westward? I've always loved that guy's voice...

Dan Swano
Christian Alvestam
Bjorn Strid
Daniel Gildenlow
Matt Barlow
Devin Townsend
Mikael Akerfeldt
Kristoffer Rygg

:kickass:

I thought Phil LaBonte from All That Remains had a good mix of Gutteral Lows, Mid Growls, Hard Core like screams, Melodic singing and even a high Danny Filth thing at times such as on the song Weak Willed.

But then I saw the live DVD and was dissapointed that he didnt do very well pulling off the vocal ranges. He was singing below the range of the CD.

When I hear songs I like on a CD I expect them to be about 90% or higher accurate in a Live Performance.

Singing in a different key or pitch just sounds wrong to me. The guitars wouldnt get away with it, neither should the singer.

20060717-gwar.jpg
oderus02.jpg

:lol: :headbang:

Glenn Danzig (not really metal)... Vintersorg, John Nodtveidt (ordinary type), Simen Hestnaes (Vortex), Attila Csihar, Olve Eikemo....

And the greatest badass vocalist: Rainer Landfermann..... his vocal only could be heard in Bethlehem album "Dictus Te Necare"... a masterpiece vocal.

Surely you jest.....

I'm serious.... for that especific concept, his vocal is great... is the modern concept of motohead.... and is not so easy..... the most people could get close, but can't sounding so good.... at least in recordings.... (i'm taking about his work on "I" project)