Most cheerful metal.

Ex-cally-boo said:
The happiest and lamest metal band I know of is Skylark.

i swear as i was scrolling down the thread i was getting ready to post skylark... dammit. :D

if you're looking for the gayest metal, that's the end of the line right there. the singer sounds like a ridiculous screeching 15 year old girl.

Teh Grimarse said:
if you're looking for the gayest metal,

Using the sorts of definitions you will find below.

definitions of 'gay' said:
# cheery: bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer; "a cheery hello"; "a gay sunny room"; "a sunny smile"
# full of or showing high-spirited merriment; "when hearts were young and gay"; "a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"- Wordsworth; "the jolly crowd at the reunion"; "jolly old Saint Nick"; "a jovial old gentleman"; "have a merry Christmas"; "peals of merry laughter"; "a mirthful laugh"
# given to social pleasures often including dissipation; "led a gay Bohemian life"; "a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies"
# brave: brightly colored and showy; "girls decked out in brave new dresses"; "brave banners flying"; "`braw' is a Scottish word"; "a dress a bit too gay for her years"; "birds with gay plumage"
# offering fun and gaiety; "a festive (or festal) occasion"; "gay and exciting night life"; "a merry evening"

happy metal? Stratavarius and dragonforce would be up there also ensiferum and some melodic parts in dimmu borgir

Someone posted a link to a song some time ago that started like children of the grave but then got really gay,it was called battle of the victory or something.

Entropiastrife said:
Edguy, but its not really in a gay way but more of a funny way (case in point: lavatory love machine)

yeh, lol, that song is so dodged

i love their first 2 albums though :headbang:

Ex-cally-boo said:
The happiest and lamest metal band I know of is Skylark.

They make Sonata Arctica look fucking like Death Angel. Well, not really but they are the epitome of "flower metal."

making me curious