Most Overrated Metal Band

Originally posted by Terminal Spirit Disease
Yeah I'm fine in the head hence why I don't buttfuck Sabbath I woke up and saw they were pretty overrated and didn't achieve half of what people credit them for a lot of people would agree to.

Do you know how to use periods and other punctuation?

MEGADETH.

Sure the first two albums RULE... but then the rest just SUCK BAD! heh

SIX FEET UNDER.

I like good DEATH METAL... and I like to fall asleep to it, too. I don't like Death Metal that puts me to sleep though. SFU does make me tired. And I sorta like them too. Very under-talented and over-hyped.

Originally posted by Bodylouseuk

.....Have you never heard the awesome Blood,Fire,Death album?....ok I agree it all went abit downhill after that but,overrated,never.

......and Hammerfall have wrote some of the catchiest metal since Iron Maiden......I find your choices somewhat odd..

To be fair, I have to judge on what I've heard - I've got Twillight of the Gods and Renegade.

I can honestly say that I got Twillight of the Gods based on the 'cult' like status it holds, and I think it is a piece of shit. Seriously, there is nothing impressive musically on that album - it sounds like someone making it up as they go along - but worse still, the vocals are atrocious. It's the 'drunk man at the karaoke bar' syndrome. Out of key, weak vocals.

Hammerfall's Renegade is the worst heavy metal record in existence. I don't oppose cheesy metal because I like Rhapsody, Thy Majesty, White Skull, Lost Horizon etc - but Hammerfall are just a disgrace. That plastic shiny sword and armour on nerdy looking blokes trying to look hard playing basic metal with no talent is not catchy to me at all.

I hear that other Bathory and Hammerfall efforts may be slightly better - but I don't have the time to go through their entire catalogs to find two 'catchy' songs. There are only 24 hours in a day after all, and world of much much better talent and music elsewhere. :D

I think KISS was the most overrated band EVER! People were always like, oh their so good, the best metal band around...blah blah blah. Even in their heyday they weren't metal, and their "music" never lived up to their "image."

I HATE KISS!!!!!

have to agree with the Six Feet Under mind you I wouldn't rate them at all people only like them cause Barnes does the vocals people don't relise Barnes's vocals are pretty simple nothing special which is why they bore people so easily I only ever liked him in the first two Cannibal Corpse albums.

dunno how you can say In Flames are overrated but your opinion I'd say In Flames are sell outs more than overrated.

As much I hate to say this one Grotesque were largely overrated when people started listening to em they came to me and said they kill At The Gates I took a listen and wasn't impressed at all Grotesque were no where near the quality of ATG hate to put that because big fan of anything done by any of the ATG members but Grotesque was nothing special it lacked a lot but then it was early ATG so I wouldn't expect it to be as good.

Grammer is overrated silence I didn't say shit to you so keep ya thoughts to your self ok? I choose not to use grammer my choice not yours if I want your opinion I will ask for it.

I will give you my opinion whenever I feel like it. Your ignorance of a simple form of communication annoys me. I would like to read you posts, but after a few lines I get tired of your rambling. A few punctuation points here and there would probably help clarify what you want to say anyway.:rolleyes:

Yeah I'm fine in the head hence why I don't buttfuck Sabbath I woke up and saw they were pretty overrated and didn't achieve half of what people credit them for a lot of people would agree to.

I believe you insulted me in this comment to me. If you didn't want me to mock your lack of proper grammar, you shouldn't have responded like you did.

You say Sabbath is overrated, but you haven't explained why. Is it simply because they achieved so much success. I feel their music was much different (and darker) than Zepplin or Deep Purple. If Sabbath didn't start and influence heavy metal more than any other band in history, than who did, in your opinion? What have they not achieved that everybody gives them credit for?

I'll stop making fun of your grammar, by the way.

Children of Bodom
Sinergy
Dimmu Borgir(new stuff)

and I agree with Phyre on the Opeth thing.I didn't like the entire blackwater park album and it got 10 out of 10 reviews.it's not as good as MAYH and people still praise it.They are very good but they have more fans than a lot of other good bands,and Opeth kinda sounds like Edge of Sanity(in the early years)

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~
Iron Maiden!!! :)
Cradle Of Filth
Opeth
Manowar
Marilyn Manson (dont like or even consider him metal, but, damn, he´s indeed overrated)
Arch Enemy

Marilyn Manson is NOT overrated! It's the BEST band ever. And he is the most INTELLIGENT musician ever...