most solid metal album of 2007 so far?

It has taken this long, but I am actually beginning to feel that 'Scarsick' by Pain of Salvation is pretty good. In fact, having gotten over the Rap Vocals that rip-off Eminem's 'The Way I am', Disco Queen and Daniel Gildenlöw's excesses, this album is really unique and weirdly enough, excellent.

I like Scarsick. Not my favorite POS release, but it's definitely unique, and I enjoy most of it.

Would you actually call those albums your 'favourites' ? Because I've listened to an endless amount of albums this year, but there's only a few that I would say truly standout. Maybe I have high standards, but I haven't come across an album that deserves a solid 9/10 rating from me.

you know, im listening to anything that has the tag "Metal" in it..
And im enjoying almost everything,the only thing i do in life is listening to music and going to gigs...but the once i put up is not perfect albums, but the once ive been enjoying..

and i need to add Vreid - I Krig to the list....what an amazing pice of metal!!!

ps: Zephyrus, i think you will like it alot =)

Goddamn, if that's your list of favourites, I'd hate to see your complete list of purchases this year. I hope I never have the misfortunate of bumping into you and asking what your favourite food is.

In the end of the year you will see a big list of fucking metal!!!
And the answer to the food question: I dont eat.....

To say the truth, "i eat my shit and shit and eat...so on"
you know...im one of those Norwegian guys...

With Akercocke's Antichrist I plan on buying this album whenever it comes out...end of May I think? Hopefully, none of the controversy will affect the release of the album. It's funny how often I read about Akercocke, being a dead-serious Satanic death metal band...of all the bands I listen to, they're among the top in sense of humour.

I'm going to get flamed for this, but...

Chimaira-Ressurrection

I think the haters should give it a spin. They've really changed. I mean, they have fucking blast beats now.

I know their a whole different band, but i still dont like them very much...but the changes are good!....

My only complaint about Redesekration is that it gets a bit boring after a while. It isn't one of those albums that I can listen to over and over again (as opposed to Secret of the Moon's Antithesis, for example) because the tempo hardly changes throughout the entire CD. So you can Stormblast with his mind blowing stamina beating away for 35 odd minutes non stop. Good stuff to get you pumped up though.

Being that I've been overseas most of 2007 I haven't had the chance to listen to anything new lately.

Not sure if the New Iron Maiden or Blind Guardian came out in January or before but both were so, so in my opinion, not that great. Also Amon Amarth's newist CD was not what I had hoped for, its good but not great in my opinion, maybe I have to listen to it some more.

I'm hoping Ensiferum's new album is good, and I'm also excited for Judas Priests new release as well.