Motorcycles

lizard said:
the worst drivers I ever saw were in Istanbul. An almost complete disregard for safety or rules.

My cousin just got married to a Turkish man, he is an awesome guy, but his driving scares the shit out of her. Still, they invented Kebabs, so I can never hold a grudge against anyone Turkish.

just picked up my free bike mentioned earlier ... thanks for all the horror stories guys :(

EDIT: this is what it looks like ... except completely dirty, covered with 2 years worth of dust.

index2.jpg

god damn nad said:
it would almost make up for the fact that i could never play bass again because i really would be a pirate at that point.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

A couple of months ago we were at a toy store & my 3.5yo daughter was playing at the Thomas the train table with a little boy. The boy's dad had one arm cut off at the elbow & had a prosthetic thingy with a hook. In front of both of them, and completely innocently, my daughter turns to me and says, "mommy, why is that's boy's daddy a pirate?"
:oops: :tickled:

haddsie said:
A couple of months ago we were at a toy store & my 3.5yo daughter was playing at the Thomas the train table with a little boy. The boy's dad had one arm cut off at the elbow & had a prosthetic thingy with a hook. In front of both of them, and completely innocently, my daughter turns to me and says, "mommy, why is that's boy's daddy a pirate?"

Haha. And how did you reply? "He likes treasure"?

haddsie said:
hahahahaha awesome.

Décadent said:
Yes. More people need to think this way. A fucking chunk of metal travelling that fast, no number of "safety" features will stop that thing from fucking killing you.
americans simply dont think this way. obtaining a license should be much much more difficult than it actually is. however, our culture is entirely based on the automobile. to deny someone the ability to "accidentally" maim or kill other people would cause a nation-wide riot.
oh well.

@lurch: dude, make sure that bike is in excellent working condition. at speed, a lose nut on a motorcycle could cause the whole front end to come off. take it to a kawasaki dealer. good luck.

@everyone else: those pics on rotten.com freak me out. cracked skulls with brains leaking out and shit.

wouldnt that thing cost like 50 grand US? those orange county chopper dudes make a killing.

btw: what the FUCK kind of vehicle is that in the background? haha looks like a 4 door compact nissan pickup

agreed. also wonder about those bikes. never ridden one but they look unuseable to me. and the engineering? theres isnt any. its all art (which is cool)

D I S A G R E E, Dorian. WELL-MADE bikes are fucking art IN engineering, though what those Discovery Channel blokes make is just lego for grownups and some idea work. And I don't know what you mean with "those bikes" exactly, but if you mean kickass choppers, they are 100% useable, and the good ones are even comfortable. And the production cost for that Maiden bike was $51.000 so buying it would cost a whole lot more I suppose. It's also signed by the whole band.

owned. like i said, ive never ridden one.
but i stand by the fact that the guys who make these bikes are NOT engineers. theres no rigorous testing of the product before going to market. just trial and error stuff.

It's not bridge building, but I guarantee you that the top-of-the-line dudes have university engineering degrees of some kind and all of that fancy crap

ok swedish jerks: if youre considering the reliability and handling physics behind a moving object, it helps to be an engineer. yes, the bikes are fairly simple and yeah, its not a bridge but it moves and turns corners. its also made of metal. do you want to be traveling at 100 km/h on something that is made out of the wrong metal?

and no, the top of the line dudes arent engineers. they are artisans who come up with a design and farm out the work to other artisans. nothing wrong with that. im just saying.