Movie tread

Nord is a nice road movie directed by Rune Denstad Langlo, released this year. I`m not gonna tell the story but I can tell that is worth to watch.
By the way you have a nice little forum here.

Keep walkin`

If you really believe that crap, you're fucking crazy, sorry, there's just nothing else to say here. No sane person could actually BELIEVE that nonsense, there is no scientific proof of it whatsoever, come on.:S Get your head examined seriously.
If you really believe i give a rats ass about what you think, you are fckin crazy. What the hell is wrong with you anyway?? do you get off by acting like an asshole on the forums, especially to nice girls? What is it that you wanted to achieve by saying what you did in the first place? do you think i;m going to watch what you so nicely have suggested, or that i'm running off to have my head examined because you told me to?

Nobody here is required to like me, hell, not a single one of you actually KNOW me. All that is required is a basic sense of respect towards other people. Hell, if you REALLY need to insult someone, send a pm to the one you have a beef with, no need to stir shit up here in public. BEHAVE!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen.

Oooh, the road.=) I just read the book not long ago, can't wait to see the movie.<3

Yeah I've been looking forward to seeing that movie for a long time!!
Too bad it won't be released here until February :( Me and my bro were considering to drive to France just to see that movie, as it gets released there in early December. But we decided not to, because the theatres there only show either a French version, or English with French subtitles, which will suck :erk:

saw 2012 yesterday, easily the most spectacular movie i've ever seen!! o_O i've been biting on my nails of excitement while watching, the scenes of the extinction of the world were so damn fascinating and real! Of course you shouldn't pay too close attention to the script as the half of those scenarios are not even possible (as usual). If you can watch keeping that in mind then it's a great movie!
for me as a believer of the 2012 apocalypse, the thought of all these images happening for real in just three years was also pretty scary... :zombie:

I respectfully disagree with your comments on the 2012 apocalypse :) . I believe that the world won't end. If you're talking about the Mayan stuff, well I actually read an article that said that there's no real place in the calendar which says that the world will end because of X catastrophe. The calendar just ends, period.

I believe I saw/read either in History Channel that a meteorite was going to pass really close to earth, but not close enough to do an "Deep Impact/Armageddon' sort of stuff.

There's obviously a lot of rubbish in this, some stuff may be true, but as usual people will take advantage of other people who believe that crap and try to take their money, e.g. 2012 and The Mayan Testament book or whatever it is called.

It's exactly the same as with the Y2K thing. Ohhhh the world is gonna end in the year 2000 because the computers will go all kaputt and society will collapse! (Well not Macs because Apple foresaw that problem from before ;)). Lots of people of "satanic" cults killed themselves, and there was mass consumerism of water and non-perishable foods, etc. Obviously it was just a scam to get people to buy more stuff.

It's a sll just a bunch of rubbish, don't worry the world won't end yet. But the plant trees so we can help mitigate the climate crisis :) .

Back on topic, I saw Gestaciónthe other day, definitely the best Costa Rican movie ever made; actually quite good.

Maybe I'll see 2012 tomorrow, there's nothing else besides Scrooge and Twilight (which I'm definitely not going to see hahaha).

because the computers will go all kaputt ...

"Kaputt" isnt really an english phrase/word/whatever, is it? Just wondering, because ive never heared it outside of Germany... okay, maybe in Austria or Switzerland. And yeah, i know there are several german Words in other lanuages, espeacially in english (Wunderkind, Wanderlust, Fingerspitzengefühl, Poltergeist,...), but "kaputt" would be completly new to me, hehe.

@ Topic

Saw "Antichrist" some days ago. William DeFoe`s acting was pretty good but the movie did not convinced me at all. 6/10

Tonight i going to continue with "Band Of Brothers", for the 4th time, i think. Im at Part 5 right now. Great stuff! The best stuff Spielberg has been involved for years! Looking forward to see "The Pacific"!!!

oh come on, give me a break! why does everywhere where this topic comes up there needs to be a bunch of "concerned" people that feel obliged to "educate" those who choose to believe in 2012??? what are you even better than christians that have been preaching their believes and forcing them upon everybody for 2000 years?! i am not forcing anybody to believe in 2012, why is everybody trying to force their believes on me?!

ok, you asked for it...

It's not only the Mayas. The Mi'kmaq also have a similar belief of 2012, as well as the Hopi, and a bunch of other cultures all over the world.

However, it is a misconception that this signifies the end of the world. It is the end of one cycle and the start of another. Of course, the period of transition from an old cycle to a new cycle is violent, and will result in many deaths. After 2012, it is believed that the world will start off with a clean slate...

I for one think that there is reason to believe that something will happen, but I don't think it's based on anything to do with a hazy unspecific prophecy. About 15 years ago I read something that mentioned that on 21 December 2012 all life on Earth would be snuffed out by a huge solar flare, and that very fact was mentioned somewhere in the Maya calendar or something closely related to it from that era.

There is some astronomical evidence to support this theory, that has to do with our solar system passing downward (a relative term, obviously :rolleyes:) through the "galactic equator" (the mid-point of the cluster at the centre of the galaxy in a level plane spreading in every direction along the various spiral arms) around that time, which in addition to some manner of coincidental and poorly timed alignment of certain planets will cause some sort of disruption to the sun's magnetic field which will generate an enormous blast of radiation from the surface of the sun which will head toward the Earth and irradiate every living thing on the planet.

Whether this evidence has a scientific basis or is merely paranoid fabrication by people seeing patterns where none exist, I don't know. But it interests me that a number of world mythologies and theological expositions end with a fiery doom engulfing the planet. The book of Revelations in the Bible speaks of the world being engulfed in flame come Judgement Day, and the end of the battle of on the plain of Vígríðr in Ragnarøk comes when the fire giant Surtr sets the world ablaze with his flaming sword. Coincidence? Maybe.

The Chinese Book of Changes, the I Ching, has also been analysed to show that the cycle of time detailed therein comes to an end on December 21st 2012. How does one explain these overlaps in predictions from cultures scattered all across the globe? [...]

I myself find it somewhat motivating. I have no idea if it'll happen, and I don't know whether I believe all this stuff or not, but when I started thinking a while ago that maybe we only had three years left, I want to make the absolute most of that time.

Then I really got to thinking about the fact that ANY given day could be my last, so there's no excuse for wasting time and squandering the precious years I have on this planet. I think that is part of what Norse mythology represents [...] The Æsir knew that they were going to die in the final battle, without any doubt at all, but they didn't curl up in a corner and say, "Oh, what's the use? We won't win the battle, so why even bother?" They spent their time doing what they had to: looking death in the eye, they resolutely went about preparing to fight and refused to give into despair or worry. They didn't know when it would happen exactly, but they went about their work and marched head on to meet the inevitable when it loomed before them.

It's an amazing allegory for human life: we all know death awaits us at the end, but how will we choose to spend the intervening time? Do we give in to fear and let it rule us, wasting the short time we have here, or do we face our fears and take on life with courage and bravery, knowing at the end that we have lived life the way it was meant to be lived, dying with (metaphorical) sword in hand, never surrendering to our anxieties.
(originally posted by Liam, completely agreed)

The world as we know it is bound to end one day. Those who ever thought about the vastness and infinity of the universe usually have no problem realizing how fragile our little blue planet is! It's arrogant and ignorant to think it won't happen (to you).

Sorry about the length of this rant, i'm not wasting my time on doomsday topic anymore. Back to discussing movies.

Comparing the 2012 bogus with Christianity? That's a new one, but completely spot on! believers vs. non-believers, same old story.

I'll just be a non-conformist and go with the X-Files theory, that aliens will invade Earth and enslave the human race and use us to create super hybrids in December 2012 :)

"Kaputt" isnt really an english phrase/word/whatever, is it? Just wondering, because ive never heared it outside of Germany... okay, maybe in Austria or Switzerland. And yeah, i know there are several german Words in other lanuages, espeacially in english (Wunderkind, Wanderlust, Fingerspitzengefühl, Poltergeist,...), but "kaputt" would be completly new to me, hehe.

Ja ja ich weiß ;) .

@ Elvina: Don't get mad :) .

So anyone visited the Gestación web-page?

Haha OK :p .

But in the end (brilliant pun), is 2012 worth it? As a movie?
:lol: @ the pun
well it depends on the degree you can tolerate "hollywoodness" of a movie :p if you are not bothered by the obviously pseudo-scientific scenario twists and random moron american jokes and can appreciate great special effects and camera work and can rather concentrate on that, you'll probably be thrilled. Though, it was a bit toooo slow in the beginning.
Also, prepair for a cheezy end :p
And, i don't know if you liked The day after tomorrow, well 2012 is much and much better ;)

:lol: @ the pun
well it depends on the degree you can tolerate "hollywoodness" of a movie :p if you are not bothered by the obviously pseudo-scientific scenario twists and random moron american jokes and can appreciate great special effects and camera work and can rather concentrate on that, you'll probably be thrilled. Though, it was a bit toooo slow in the beginning.
Also, prepair for a cheezy end :p
And, i don't know if you liked The day after tomorrow, well 2012 is much and much better ;)

:lol:.

I did like The Day After Tomorrow, at least the scene of the wave is excellent. Believe me, I survived Transformers 2, I guess I can stand this :p . With the former, I couldn't stand it, I almost left the movie theatre.

:puke: = Transformers 2 .

So I guess I'll go watch it, just because Rio do Janeiro looks flooded :p .

:puke: = Transformers 2 .

Hahaha, you`re so right, brother! After that one, i had to watch the 80ies cartoon, the one and only good transformers movie! Imo, these Ridley Scott movies are just like a punch in the face for everybody, who loves the generation one and two series! Several times in this movie, i just wanted to hit Shia leBeouf (?)... and this other guy, too (and i confess, i wanted to slap on Megan Fox´s butt, hehe :saint:). Such bad acting, dialogs, these aweful jokes! WUUUAAAHHH! :puke:

What about the new Star Trek?! Any oppinion about that one?

Hahaha, you`re so right, brother! After that one, i had to watch the 80ies cartoon, the one and only good transformers movie! Imo, these Ridley Scott movies are just like a punch in the face for everybody, who loves the generation one and two series! Several times in this movie, i just wanted to hit Shia leBeouf (?)... and this other guy, too (and i confess, i wanted to slap on Megan Fox´s butt, hehe :saint:). Such bad acting, dialogs, these aweful jokes! WUUUAAAHHH! :puke:

Check out the japanese series Masterforce and Transformers Victory.

What about the new Star Trek?! Any oppinion about that one?

Ah yes good olde 80s Transformers :) .

I loved the new Star Trek, and when I have the &#8364;&#8364;&#8364; I'll buy the edition that comes with the Enterprise.