Movie tread

As promised, I saw 2012 today.

Not really a bad movie, I admit I enjoyed it a lot hehe. It's obviously pretty lousy, specially when it comes to acting and plot development. The former was very weak at times. But in general, I had a great time.

Funny moment of the movie:

I'm about to pee myself because of all the Diet Coke I drank, and I was struggling to 'hold it'. Then a Tibet monk starts serving tea on a cup until it spills, and then says: 'Sometimes you have to empty your cup'.

I got the hint and went straight to the bathroom.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Kaputt" isnt really an english phrase/word/whatever, is it? Just wondering, because ive never heared it outside of Germany... okay, maybe in Austria or Switzerland. And yeah, i know there are several german Words in other lanuages, espeacially in english (Wunderkind, Wanderlust, Fingerspitzengefühl, Poltergeist,...), but "kaputt" would be completly new to me, hehe.

Well, I have never heard 'Fingerspitzengefühl' used in English before, but 'kaputt', most definitely.

saw 2012 yesterday, easily the most spectacular movie i've ever seen!! o_O i've been biting on my nails of excitement while watching, the scenes of the extinction of the world were so damn fascinating and real! Of course you shouldn't pay too close attention to the script as the half of those scenarios are not even possible (as usual). If you can watch keeping that in mind then it's a great movie!
for me as a believer of the 2012 apocalypse, the thought of all these images happening for real in just three years was also pretty scary... :zombie:

i havent' seen the film yet but a friend of mine told me about the most hilarious scene of the film , so i youtubed and saw that part.
unfortunatly i found it only in italian, but if you have seen the film i'm sure you know what i'm talking about.
it's the part when all the state ministers and leaders are going to leave on the ships and at the headquarters they receive a phone call about the decision of the italian prime minister to remain in its fatherland and pray.
AH AH AH AH AH AH
THIS IS THE TRUE SCIENCE FICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i laughter sooo much....
berlusconi, who unfortunatly will be still on govern in 2012, because you know, he's immortal, would be the first person who will get on this ship, and would kill anybody who will try to stop him!!!!!! :lol:
indeed he would probably build his own private ship to be sure he will survive :lol:

but...i really don't understand why americans have problems with our country and our beautiful architectur. there's not a single catastrophic movie in which the vatican or the entire rome isn't destroyed :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
it's the part when all the state ministers and leaders are going to leave on the ships and at the headquarters they receive a phone call about the decision of the italian prime minister to remain in its fatherland and pray.
AH AH AH AH AH AH
THIS IS THE TRUE SCIENCE FICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol::lol::lol: oh man i love your sarcasm!! :D
berlusconi, who unfortunatly will be still on govern in 2012, because you know, he's immortal, would be the first person who will get on this ship, and would kill anybody who will try to stop him!!!!!! :lol:
indeed he would probably build his own private ship to be sure he will survive :lol:

but...i really don't understand why americans have problems with our country and our beautiful architectur. there's not a single catastrophic movie in which the vatican or the entire rome isn't destroyed :loco:
nah, honestly i'd expected them to show the destroying of the Eiffel Tower as usual, but i guess they figured they should have a little bit variety after all... :Smug: they just believe that the collapsing of the very well-known recognizable world structures looks impressive, and Eiffel Tower, the Big Ben and Rome are the first ones on the list i suppose. :rolleyes: I guess they don't dare to show the fall of Moscow's St. Basil's Cathedral because it could look bad in the light of the former cold war... :Smug:

Ah hahahaha yeah, my girlfriend and I said something like 'that's crap' in the 'Italian' part :lol:, I particularly liked when all the priests died :p .

I saw Christmas Carols last Saturday (in 3-D), nice movie, I really enjoyed it. The animation and effects were amazing.

On a side note, there were some protests in which Berlusconi was asked to step-down, wonder how that ended. Oh bollocks, he's still there :p .

Just got back from seeing Ninja Assassin with a friend. Holy crap what an entertaining film!
Note, don't speculate too much on the story, or what there is of it; see it for the high octane pumping action! Amazing fight scenes!
Ok, computer animated blood isn't really my thing, but it worked better than I have seen in other movies (not perfect though). On the other hand, with the amount of it beeing spilled they would probably need a bigger budget to do it 'real' :lol:
Only nagging question I'm left with; if these ninjas are supposed to be the absolute top killers in the universe, why the heck do they miss so much? o_O

I saw Christmas Carols last Saturday (in 3-D), nice movie, I really enjoyed it. The animation and effects were amazing.

Saw that one as well, and I also liked it. Very beautiful. The only thing bothering me here was the chase scene with the last ghost. Ok, it works well to use for trailers, but in the film I thought it was quite pointless and WAAAYY too long!
Other than that, quite enjoyable!

Saw that one as well, and I also liked it. Very beautiful. The only thing bothering me here was the chase scene with the last ghost. Ok, it works well to use for trailers, but in the film I thought it was quite pointless and WAAAYY too long!
Other than that, quite enjoyable!

Yeah it was a tad too long, it was getting on my nerves in the end. But the animation was excellent, Scrooge's (Carrey's?) fingers, with all the wrinkles were really amazing. And also the animation of the second ghost.

Saw Shutter and The Eye last week, I have no idea why I put off watching these two wonderful movies for so long.:S I had a blast! Shutter is a shade better than The Eye, but both are damn good Asian horror flicks IMO.

Saw Shutter and The Eye last week, I have no idea why I put off watching these two wonderful movies for so long.:S I had a blast! Shutter is a shade better than The Eye, but both are damn good Asian horror flicks IMO.

Funny you should mention Shutter, I actually first learned of this film today, as I was looking for another film, and saw it got some good reviews.

The film I was researching was Art Of The Devil.
This one, and another thai horror called Bangkok Haunted, are films that I've recently acquired. Haven't seen them yet, but will write a line or so when I do.

Saw "The Hangover" some days ago. The first real funny comedy imo, for years! Nice and weired story, good acting and some pretty good gags made me laugh all night long. COOL!

Yeah it's quite good! I was amazed it didn't have anything to do with Seth Rogen (guy from Superbad, is that his name? I always confuse him with the Seth of Family Guy and vice-versa). Very funny and entertaining.

So, comments on Brüno, anyone? I thought the German-speaking parts were quite funny. Mel Gibson - - > Der Fuhrer :lol: (Despite me being of Jewish family, the Nazi stuff was quite funny :lol:).

So, comments on Brüno, anyone? I thought the German-speaking parts were quite funny. Mel Gibson - - > Der Fuhrer :lol: (Despite me being of Jewish family, the Nazi stuff was quite funny :lol:).
i had regrets i ever watched Borat. I was told i shouldn't even bother for Brüno. Definitely not my type of humour. The only comedies i can watch without shudder are probably english ones like Lock, Stock...

i'm watching X men II on tv right now: oh man how i love x men movies! i don't even know why, maybe because of the eyecandies Hugh Jackman and Famke Janssen... :oops::D

i'm watching X men II on tv right now: oh man how i love x men movies! i don't even know why, maybe because of the eyecandies Hugh Jackman and Famke Janssen... :oops::D

Don't watch X-men 3 or X-men origins... they're epically bad. So bad, in fact, X-men origins retroactively ruins X-men 2. So even if you're curious about X-men 3, whatever you do, don't watch X-men origins.

Don't watch X-men 3 or X-men origins... they're epically bad. So bad, in fact, X-men origins retroactively ruins X-men 2. So even if you're curious about X-men 3, whatever you do, don't watch X-men origins.
lolllll :lol: too late, i've seen them all! :p
why do you think they're bad? because of the original comics? i know the true fans can't stand the movies...
well i'm really not into comics, i believe i've never read any in my life. I just enjoy the movies. As i said, i don't even know why, i guess they're just spectacular, it's sci-fi and there's a nice cast.

i had regrets i ever watched Borat. I was told i shouldn't even bother for Brüno. Definitely not my type of humour. The only comedies i can watch without shudder are probably english ones like Lock, Stock...

Yes, it's definitely for certain people, and I think most don't really like that sort of humour. I thought this part was pretty funny:

Limited edition :lol: :lol: :lol: .

On X-Men, I thought the first two were great, the other two not so much. IMO they don't suck, they're just not up to their former parts. 3 was OK, Origins was 'meh'.

Last edited by a moderator: