Movie tread

^ All RE movies are rubbish :rolleyes: .

I just saw Solaris by Andrei Arsenyevich Tarkovsky. Simply astonishing, wonderful and insert-other-adjectives-like-the-previous-ones movie. I'm not gonna sleep tonight, though (har har).

it's the same with "The day the earth stood still" and "War of the worlds" the original stuff is so chraming and magnificent...the new versions are of course great when it comes to the visual fx but the soul is missing I feel.

mr V

it's the same with "The day the earth stood still" and "War of the worlds" the original stuff is so charming and magnificent...the new versions are of course great when it comes to the visual fx but the soul is missing I feel.

mr V

I guess you're talking about Solaris; I haven't seen the 2002 version with George Clooney to be honest, but it's obviously worse than the original one. That's the usual Hollywood rubbish, they'll take an excellent film/script, and turn into crap. The FX are always a priority; they rarely prioritise the scrip or the acting.
I just hope that they never, ever make a remake of really classical movies like 七人の侍 (Seven Samurai), Det sjunde inseglet or Metropolis; I'd have to take legal actions against them hahaha.

my brother did his graduation thesis on tarkovsky....
i don't know how many times i've seen his films in loop :lol:

I guess you're talking about Solaris; I haven't seen the 2002 version with George Clooney to be honest, but it's obviously worse than the original one. That's the usual Hollywood rubbish, they'll take an excellent film/script, and turn into crap. The FX are always a priority; they rarely prioritise the scrip or the acting.
I just hope that they never, ever make a remake of really classical movies like 七人の侍 (Seven Samurai), Det sjunde inseglet or Metropolis; I'd have to take legal actions against them hahaha.
i have seen the original Solaris only once, in russian, back when i was a kid and i remember the impression it left with me like "wtf is this"... Then i saw the Clooney's Solaris and it instantly became one of my all time fav movies... It makes me cry every fckin time i watch it... But i guess i really need to watch the original version again! Is it downloadable somewhere? either translated into english or with subtitles?

Oh that's excellent, what did he study? Can I read it?

he graduated a long time ago, he is older than me, so i highly doubt you can read it, i don't know if he still has it on cd.
he studied litterature with a specialization (don't know if it's the right term) about cinema.

I just finished watching La Cité des enfants perdus (The City of Lost Children) by Marc Caro and Jean-Pierre Jeunet (Amélie).

Probably the strangest, hardest film to digest I've seen in a long time, or should I say ever? Really, bloody insane.

I love it. I absolutely love it.

I really recommend watching it, but wow, be prepared for some weird stuff.

As I side note, I thought new Potter was quite decent. I really like the part of the Horcruxes, very nice animation. Radcliffe's acting was quite mediocre, though; I bet he's feeling the pressure of the entire series. Poor guy. Still, Emma Watson was brilliant; I think she does have a future in acting. Guy who portrayed Ron was good too.

I'd give the movie 3/5, I guess the next one'll be better.

I haven't posted so much lately but I'll tell you something: I've seen TONS of movies this month. I'm getting the habit of watching 2 or 3 movies per day, so I have seen a lot of shit.

What I've seen lately:

-Cronenberg's Videodrome - bizarre indeed!
- Martyrs - crude movie it is.
- A Serbian Film - one of the most transgressors film made lately. Don't watch it if you're the sensitive kind of people, specially with family values.
- Begotten. A mude and abstract film, which requires patience and to be used to see some disturbing shit. One of the most bizarre and disturbing films I've seen.
- Pi, the order of chaos. For the math lovers, it's a must see. Quite weird and very interesting.
- The Burrowers - Western horror? yup, it's possible and it's good.
- The Human Centipede - Just the name should be enough to get what's going on there.
- Saló, or the 120 days of Sodom. It doesn't make so much sense by itself, but it's disturbing as fuck.
- Jodorowsky's Santa Sangre - probably his best movie, alongside with El Topo.

i've seen "the road"... simply awesome!!!!

the post apocalypse movie? I have this movie in my movie folder here but i didn't see it yet, it's worth ?
Last week i saw 'The man who stare at goats' it's very funny and good, i like the message of the movie, and for who didn't see yet i also recommend MACHETE :lol: it's so gore nice funny and thrash :p

EDIT: just a last comment: I love Donnie darko :p It's so good and strange and ...damn if you didn't see yet plz see it NOW

Sigurðr;9532024 said:
the post apocalypse movie? I have this movie in my movie folder here but i didn't see it yet, it's worth ?
Last week i saw 'The man who stare at goats' it's very funny and good, i like the message of the movie, and for who didn't see yet i also recommend MACHETE :lol: it's so gore nice funny and thrash :p

EDIT: just a last comment: I love Donnie darko :p It's so good and strange and ...damn if you didn't see yet plz see it NOW

i truly recomend this.
i usually hate films about the end of the world, those kind of film full of special effects and shit.
but this is very different. it's the story of a man and his son after a sort of apocalypse of which we don't know so much....it begins in "medias res", the end has happened and it's only a memory, all the film is focused on the survival of mankind and its bestial behaviours (cannibalism and such).

@allfader: PI was one of andreas' favourite films :lol:
i've seen it for this ahahah :p
i loved videodrome!!!

i believe i haven't seen any new stuff recently... this week i watched The Island on tv (for the second time), after which i suddenly became a fan of Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson :lol: man those two look hotttttt together! :devil: It's a great sci-fi movie without too much drama and lots of awesome special effects and action. An eye candy with a rather good story.

I've seen PI a long time ago, when i didn't know of existence of Vintersorg hehe, but i remember liking it a lot... although if you ask me what it was about i have no idea anymore, i guess i should watch it again some time :)

Next i want to go to the movies to see Harry Potter so guys don't spoil it! :p

I haven't posted so much lately but I'll tell you something: I've seen TONS of movies this month. I'm getting the habit of watching 2 or 3 movies per day, so I have seen a lot of shit.

What I've seen lately:

-Cronenberg's Videodrome - bizarre indeed!
- Martyrs - crude movie it is.
- A Serbian Film - one of the most transgressors film made lately. Don't watch it if you're the sensitive kind of people, specially with family values.
- Begotten. A mude and abstract film, which requires patience and to be used to see some disturbing shit. One of the most bizarre and disturbing films I've seen.
- Pi, the order of chaos. For the math lovers, it's a must see. Quite weird and very interesting.
- The Burrowers - Western horror? yup, it's possible and it's good.
- The Human Centipede - Just the name should be enough to get what's going on there.
- Saló, or the 120 days of Sodom. It doesn't make so much sense by itself, but it's disturbing as fuck.
- Jodorowsky's Santa Sangre - probably his best movie, alongside with El Topo.

Yeah, Pi is a great movie; quite interesting. That guy is definitely my dad hehe (crazy maths genius).

Haven't seen the other ones, I guess I'll see some.

i believe i haven't seen any new stuff recently... this week i watched The Island on tv (for the second time), after which i suddenly became a fan of Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson :lol: man those two look hotttttt together! :devil: It's a great sci-fi movie without too much drama and lots of awesome special effects and action. An eye candy with a rather good story.

I've seen PI a long time ago, when i didn't know of existence of Vintersorg hehe, but i remember liking it a lot... although if you ask me what it was about i have no idea anymore, i guess i should watch it again some time :)

Next i want to go to the movies to see Harry Potter so guys don't spoil it! :p

Yeah I really like The Island. It's not great, but it certainly is quite enjoyable. And yes, I love Scarlett Johansson too.

Yesterday i watched Inception with Leo DeCaprio - i really don't get why this movie has such high rating on IMDB (9.0 out of 10) :rolleyes: It was so long-winded, instead of good 2,5 hours it should have been cut to 2 or even 1,5 hours in length... The great concept of dream invasion could have been expanded to a deep and philosophical story, but they chose for the corny "lost love"/"family reunion" twist... :(
Besides, as i said it was so lengthy i found myself reaching for the fast forward button several times... i wouldn't recommend this movie, unless you got 2,5 hours to kill :zzz:

Yesterday i watched Inception with Leo DeCaprio - i really don't get why this movie has such high rating on IMDB (9.0 out of 10) :rolleyes: It was so long-winded, instead of good 2,5 hours it should have been cut to 2 or even 1,5 hours in length... The great concept of dream invasion could have been expanded to a deep and philosophical story, but they chose for the corny "lost love"/"family reunion" twist... :(
Besides, as i said it was so lengthy i found myself reaching for the fast forward button several times... i wouldn't recommend this movie, unless you got 2,5 hours to kill :zzz:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONT say that!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: This film is great D:

I found it very good, the concept is great but it could have been shorter indeed. Di Caprio did a decent job this time, but the architect girl was awful. Ken Watanabe did an splendid job, as always.

Elvina, IMDB is turning very awful lately. On the past I saw the website as a reliable source of rating, but I dunno what happened that there are movies completely overrated - I gave it 8,5/10, 9 is too much. The top 100 is totally biased and full of snobism.

The Karate Kid (2010)

I was shocked as hell at how much I liked this movie. I am a HUGE fan of the original movie and I went into this not expecting much and pretty much thinking I was going to hate it, and I have to say I was dead wrong.