Movie tread

Sounds pretty much like the same stuff I have, only I have it on DVD (Alien Quadrilogy) as I don't yet own a Bluray player. Sweet, sweet box indeed!
Oh, and a very cool link, although I couldn't quite figure out if it's something that will appear in the movie, or if it's just some kind of promotional video?

i saw Green Lantern and X-men First Class back-to-back about 8 days ago
it was my first time seeing both movies

neither one was really awesome but they were both a bit better than expected because of all my friends giving such bad reviews

Recently got my ticket for Iron Sky in the cinema. Apparently it'll only show one time, and then it'll be taken down again :guh:
The show is nearly sold out, and I'm going with a friend with pretty much the same interest and taste in film as me, so I'm sure we'll have a great time :popcorn:

i saw Green Lantern and X-men First Class back-to-back about 8 days ago
it was my first time seeing both movies

neither one was really awesome but they were both a bit better than expected because of all my friends giving such bad reviews

X-men: First class has both good reader / critic reviews on major movie sites, including rotten tomatoes. Neat Cold War nostalgia film, imo. Dunno why your buddies didn't like it. It wasn't WAAAAAAAAAAAOW but it's definitely was worth paying for a movie ticket to watch.

Do HBO shows count as 12-hour movies? If so, you motherfuckers all have to watch Boardwalk Empire. And Luck, even though it was cancelled due to horsies getting owned on the tracks during filming.

X-men first class was Meh...Didn't really dig it that much. I liked Green Lantern better even though that one is kind of a meh too, but i just enjoyed it more with the alien concept and all.

IMO, X-Men: First Class was awesome. I'm very much looking forward to more. Green Lantern stank, it was one of the worst comicbook movies I've ever seen, glad it bombed at the box office.

And Luck, even though it was cancelled due to horsies getting owned on the tracks during filming.

So stupid. 3 horses died in the space of 2 years, in accidents, and they go and shut down the entire production.:S Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see animals harmed needlessly, but accidents do happen.:S

They use a lot of horses on Game of Thrones...:D Good luck.:S

I'm an X-Men fanboy so if I go AWMAGAWD IT WAS SO GOOD, I can't claim my subjectivity isn't influenced by the fact that 1) the X-Men and 2) the Cold War are staples of my life. I think it was awesome, but if you were completely unfamiliar with the existence of X-Men prior to that movie... you probably thought it was pretty cool!

I erm saw Green Lantern. To each his own! Except Ryan Reynolds, who somehow keeps getting cast as a leading man when he's not.

As for Luck... sigh... I mean, three horses dying on you is not nothing financially, because they used real race horses. And Hollywood types love their animals (I mean, I'm in favor of that sort of thing). But everything I've read has said they weren't pushing these horses hard and treated them like puppy dogs. I guess the production team determined that it was inevitable that another horse would die during filming. That's a non-concern for racing tracks (horses die all the time from poor track conditions), but actors/film makers are more sensitive to the bad press / guilty conscience from that sort of thing.

I mean, assuming that at least one of the horses died during a regular session, that must have been terrible for everyone.

Well, I accidentally got a whole bunch of films home with me yesterday after being in town by myself...

A Tale Of Two Sisters - Kim Jee-Woon

Band Of Brothers - Steven Spielberg & Tom Hanks

Blood: The Last Vampire - Chris Nahon

First Squad: The Moment Of Truth - Yoshiharu Ashino

Hellraiser: Bloodline - Alan Smithee

Hellraiser: Inferno - Scott Derrickson

Hellraiser: Hellseeker - Rick Bota

Jade Warrior - Antti-Jussi Annila

The Pacific - Steven Spielberg & Tom Hanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You like Hellraiser, don't you?

Cool, I didn't know there was a Blood movie, how is it?

Love the first two. I actually saw the third one first, and loved it, but I think it has faded somewhat over time. Four was also ok, liked the story of the creation of the box, but to be honest I don't have much hope of anything above that being even half decent - I'm mostly interested in seeing what new cenobites they have made. And of course, I'm hoping to be positively surprised, ha ha (fat chance...) Plus, the DVD's were cheap as hell! (see what I did there? :loco:)

Haven't had time to watch the live-action Blood yet, but from the trailer it looks good. Guessing action fest with nice effects, but we'll see...

Band of brothers was a Tv mini series and does not feature Tom Hanks. I believe you're thinking of the film "Saving Private Ryan".

No, it's BoB I meant. The names I wrote are the director's of each single film. As BoB as you correctly mentioned is a series, and has more or less a new director for each episode, I here (as with The Pacific) chose to write the creators of the show instead, and the creators of the show are Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks.

Possible spoiler alert (I tried avoiding it, but maybe there's something I oversaw)

About Hellraiser: Inferno;
I was actually very positively surprised by this movie, I'm glad to report.
Ok, it wasn't the best movie ever, but it certainly surpassed each and every one of my expectations for it!
My favourite part was that they had chosen to go back to a concept which they actually haven't used since the first film, and that is to focus on the human story instead of turning it into just another monster flick. For a long time the focus have been on the cenobites as the main villians (all the way from the second monie actually, after they from the response to the first one understood that they had created a very special character in Pinhead), whereas in the first one and this the cenobites have been nothing but impartial spectators, and the good and evil is all in mankind. This of course also meant that Hellraiser: Inferno wasn't a regular fight against the monsters, but rather a struggle between humans.
Another thing I found interesting and compelling about the movie was that it wasn't a typical horror flick per se, but rather a psychological thriller/detective story, which I found was a brave and fresh way to handle an established horror icon.

I didn't necessarily love the main characters acting, but it got the job done, and it was always intriguing to see what would happen next. Even though I had figured out who the main villian was far before the end, it was still not clear how exactly they would handle the confrontation, which kept me interested.

Short further update on the films I bought;

Blood The Last Vampire
Pretty nice looking, and some very good action, but a dissapointment compared to the anime. It tried to copy the story, but add a sideline to it (probably to make it full-length) and that didn't work well at all. Also, I highly doubt there was more than one good actor in the entire movie...

Hellraiser: Hellseeker
Every bit as bad as I had feared. Crappy acting, a story which might have sounded like a good idea at some point, but when turned into a script should have ended in the waste basket instead on an actual filmset... Boring Cenobites, and bad dialogue.

Jade Warrior
Now here's a film I'd like to recommend! Combining Chinese hack'n'slash with stories from the Kalevala, in a very potent mix. Not as much action as I had expected, but genuinely well-made, both graphically and worked into the story. Beautiful effects and interesting story. Also good acting. Antti-Jussi Annila is a very promising director, I really liked both this and his later film Sauna.

Short further update on the films I bought;

Blood The Last Vampire
Pretty nice looking, and some very good action, but a dissapointment compared to the anime. It tried to copy the story, but add a sideline to it (probably to make it full-length) and that didn't work well at all. Also, I highly doubt there was more than one good actor in the entire movie...

Yeah I don't think I'll bother watching this; usually the anime is 1K better than the live action (e.g. Perfect Blue / Black Swan, Paprika / Inception).

I just saw Dark Shadows the other day, and man it was good! Good to see the Burton/Depp combo working at full capacity again after the rather dissapointing Alice in Wonderland...
Anyway, cool story, great performances, insane effects, and just good old fun! Definitely recommended! Makes me want to see the original series to see what that was all about.

I just saw Dark Shadows the other day Makes me want to see the original series to see what that was all about.

the show Dark Shadows was a drama just in case anyone here didn't know

they turned a drama tv show into a comedy movie just like
21 Jump Street
Starsky And Hutch
Green Hornet