Movies you just don't get

My gift to you...if you can find it...the absolute shittiest movie of all time, which I happen to love...is:

Psychos In Love (a gory love story)...it just plain sucks...and it's one of my favorite movies of all time.

I'm curious to see how many of you degenerates have seen it?

Rock on!

Never heard of it or seen it. But I'll be hitting IMDB up a bit later on to check it out. Thanks for the reccommendation!:kickass:

I'm also one of the few people who didn't care for Pulp Fiction. There were some good parts of the movie, but overall it didn't do anything for me.

:err: that's like saying you didn't like the Usual Suspect either?!?!?

"how do I know which wallet is yours?"

'It's the one that says Bad Mother F^%&%!":lol: :lol: :lol: I could watch that movie endlessly!!

how about the fucking fountain

the movie had insane visuals but was so random

edit: i meant "the fountain" not the fucking fountain, i just added it....ahh you know

edit: i meant "the fountain" not the fucking fountain, i just added it....ahh you know

...lol...too funny...i watched that a couple of weeks ago....both king lek and his son, prince lek, asked me what it was about..............all i could say was that it was 'very surreal'..............then the prince asked me if there was a fountain in it..............:Smug:

Watched The Fountain last week, and it certainly kept me interested. The visuals were great, and I was reading that the director got his budget slashed and used some of the same techniques Kubrick used in 2001: A Space Odyssey. The Fountain is one I intend to watch again to see what I missed.

Watched The Fountain last week, and it certainly kept me interested. The visuals were great, and I was reading that the director got his budget slashed and used some of the same techniques Kubrick used in 2001: A Space Odyssey. The Fountain is one I intend to watch again to see what I missed.

...i understood what 'the fountain' was about, i just couldn't really explain it to anyone...
...every time i see '2001: a space odyssey', i understand more and more...

Yeah I didn't get that movie at all. I tired to watch it last week and it was just a no no. I like trippy movies too, just that one left me hollow...

Bear

You are SUCH a girl! :)

*flips hair* Yes. Yes I am. So much so that I enjoy the animated Disney musical films. And The Last Unicorn.

However, thanks to Disney I now have an unrealistic view of love and now my life is ruined forever. *huffs*

:lol:

Though I REALLY have a secret love for movies with lots of explosions and guns. The bigger the guns, the happier I am. Die Hard movies make me happy on oh so many levels.

@booB: Not familiar with David Lynch. Sorry. :( I'm not a huge Clive Barker fan, though. Generally his flicks tend to be unnecessarily gory too, IMO.

Gory, yes, but not unnecessarily so... the gore is constructed to contribute as much as possible to the viewer's psychological response. If you were turned off by the gore level of Hellraiser, I'd still recommend watching Nightbreed... it's actually more of a fantasy movie with horror overtones, and overall it's not as much "gory" as it is "freaky" (although there are a couple of really gross scenes in it :) ).

As for David Lynch, he's more of a weird psychological thriller guy; his stuff isn't really "horror", per se. The movies Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me are like abstract art, but whether you understand them or not, the imagery will freak you out.

I often find Wes Craven's stuff too bloody

I agree with J-Dub... you're a wuss. ;) Wes Craven movies are like the "cotton candy" of horror, which is why I don't really get into them myself.

As far as movies go:

Wedding Crashers, Swingers (and most of Vince Vaughn's catelog)

Swingers is awesome as hell, but I'm more of a Jon Favreau fan than a Vince Vaughn fan. Speaking of whom, The Big Empty is one of the unsung works of art in independent cinema.

...one of my all-time favs... :)

...didja know that warner bros has a remake in the works?.....and supposedly it will be closer to the book than the original movie was...........

LOVED Logan's Run... one of the few classic sci-fi films that I really got into... it's such a "human" story.

There's SO much I want to reply to in this thread! :lol: I'll make it quick.. ;)

Pulp Fiction = no thanks..
Tremors = some of my favorites!!
Froo Froo Vampires & Anne Rice = :kickass:
Ugly Monster Vampires = :yuk:
Anime = I'm 50/50 on it. Love some/Hate some, not much in between.
300 = I loved it! Spectacular!
Star Wars = what b00B said!
Hellboy = Fun! Fun! Fun! The Fish guy is superb!
Lionheart & Bloodsport = classics!!!
Sin City = blah....
James Bond = Sean Connery is great but I just don't get the appeal.
Die Hard movies = :worship: especially Live Free or Die Hard!

I must be odd...so many of the movies already listed here are among my favorites (esp. Star Wars). What I just do NOT get is the point of "chick flicks". I have enough drama in my life as it is - why would I want to subject myself to more ON PURPOSE? Give me action and/or gore any day, but dear GOD no chick flicks. :yuk: