Movies you just don't get

This movie has so many great quotes though, I think my favorite is at the end where Grampa says the one thing I can't stand about Santa Clara is all the damn vampires.

The sountrack was awesome as well, I recently listened to a cover of Cry Little Sister by Blutengel.

Don't get me started on Lost Boys quotes! I'll be up all night and end up transcribing the whole thing!

The boardwalk scenes were shot in Santa Cruz and I got to walk along it, ride the roller coaster, and see the sky-cars with the caveman while I was vacationing there a few years ago... As silly as it may sound, I was in heaven! :lol:

The soundtrack is fabulous! I ought to pop it in right now! Can never have too much Echo & The Bunnymen! :headbang:

There aren't too many good things that Insane Clown Posse can be credited with...but Zug Izland's cover of "Cry Little Sister" is indirectly one of them.

Carfax Abbey's cover is good also, but it's a bit too upbeat for the material.

Don't get me started on Lost Boys quotes! I'll be up all night and end up transcribing the whole thing!

The boardwalk scenes were shot in Santa Cruz and I got to walk along it, ride the roller coaster, and see the sky-cars with the caveman while I was vacationing there a few years ago... As silly as it may sound, I was in heaven! :lol:

The soundtrack is fabulous! I ought to pop it in right now! Can never have too much Echo & The Bunnymen! :headbang:

Wow! Lost Boys soundtrack gettin some love. I always found that song "I Still Believe" to be the real comedy. That steroid freak all greased up with the saxaphone and then those 80's keys.

For all of my pompousness, The Lost Boys is arguably my favorite movie of all time.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that at the Within Temptation show in Knoxville. I've often thought It would be interesting to see a modern version of that movie, then I say...no...there's no way they could top the original! I love the soundtrack as well. Cry Little Sister is my favorite cut from the disc. It's a very dark, sexy, little track. :headbang:

~Brian~

Wow! Lost Boys soundtrack gettin some love. I always found that song "I Still Believe" to be the real comedy. That steroid freak all greased up with the saxaphone and then those 80's keys.

That dude is an actual sax player, seen him playing for a few bands after I saw the movie. Don't ask me which cos I can't recall. Might be worth looking into for the sake of.... well maybe not.

1. Anything, and I mean ANYTHING where Will Farrell is in it more than 5 minutes!! Not funny and Will - Please keep yer clothes on!!

2. Anything by David Lynch. I almost made it through "Mullholland Falls", but when the little people came outta the luch sack, I butted my head against the front door, unplugged the TV and went to bed.

3. Sequels to masterpieces; e.g., "The Matrix". Every once in awhile, someone pulls it off; e.g., "The Godfather" or "Bad Boys".

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

The Naked Lunch was really bizarre. Plot line from IMDB -"After developing an addiction to the substance he uses to kill bugs, an exterminator accidentally murders his wife and becomes involved in a secret government plot being orchestrated by giant bugs in an Islamic port town in Africa". Yep, talking cockroaches and islamic terrorists the like.

3. Sequels to masterpieces; e.g., "The Matrix". Every once in awhile, someone pulls it off; e.g., "The Godfather" or "Bad Boys".

Did you just call Bad Boys a masterpiece? :loco:

The movies I can't stand are:

Movies with rappers as actors
Rocky Horror Pictureshow
Tom Green movies
Most generic horror films
probably more that I blocked out of my consciousness :lol:

Did you just call Bad Boys a masterpiece? :loco:

The movies I can't stand are:

Movies with rappers as actors
Rocky Horror Pictureshow
Tom Green movies
Most generic horror films
probably more that I blocked out of my consciousness :lol:

Bad Boys was OK - Bad Boys II was a masterpiece, IMO. The camera work is un-fucking-BELIEVEable!! The stunts, especially the causeway car chase and the Hummer going down the mountain is off the hook. And Will Smith - well, he's Will Smith!!

Chris :headbang:

Anything anime... but especially the ones with more of the "sex" appeal. Why a cartoon of a 16-year-old waif w/ big boobs appeals to some people, I will *never* get.

Saw The Good Shepherd recently, thought Matt Damon was pretty much horrible. Why all the hype?

Citizen Kane: agreed with whoever said it's not bad, but greatest movie ever? Don't get that.

Some people actually do like Underworld... other than maybe the costumery, I could find nothing redeeming about it. *shrug* It was like Queen of the Damned meets the Matrix, with some werewolves thrown in for good measure.

My husband is one of the ones who doesn't "get" Pulp Fiction. I even made him watch it again with me. I wasn't terribly wild about it the first time I saw it, but I still find myself quoting it.

Anything anime... but especially the ones with more of the "sex" appeal. Why a cartoon of a 16-year-old waif w/ big boobs appeals to some people, I will *never* get.

Some people actually do like Underworld... other than maybe the costumery, I could find nothing redeeming about it. *shrug* It was like Queen of the Damned meets the Matrix, with some werewolves thrown in for good measure.

Agreed. Anime boggles my mind too. I can dig plenty of animation, but anime is just bizarre, and the sex end of things just gets creepy.

I like both Underworld and Underworld:Evolution. BUT... I will say that they lose some credibility by over-sexifying the vampire concept. Additionally, Evolution loses even more with that Creed frontman lookalike who plays that hybrid vamp/lychen. He was just awful. Conversely, Kate Beckinsale could knit scarfs for 2hrs and still be just golden.

Most of the anime I watch is action and drama oriented, not hentai or even remotely "saucy". Shows on Adult Swim like InuYasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Blood +, Trinity Blood, Bleach, Stand Alone Complex, Big O, Wolf's Rain, and Witch Hunter Robin have nothing to do with little girls in short skirts. Well, for the sake of "sex appeal" anyway. InuYasha's main female character Kagome runs around in a skirt but it's a traditional Japanese schoolgirl's outfit and it's never a sexual thing. Stand Alone Complex could be an exception but the woman is an android adult. :lol: So there is anime out there for everyone, even without the objectification.

Gone with the Wind

Gone with the Wind is best viewed as a miraculous achievement for the time in which it was made rather than this amazing piece of cinema. All of the elements that are there are way ahead of it's time but the acting style and some of the racial issues date the film far beyond the realm of transcendence.

The SwordLord
proudly using his Film Studies major from the University of Minnesota :lol: