Music video for "the Day and then the shade"

i like it a lot better than the videos from TGCD. still doesnt fit very well with katatonia's style though.

They are going very Tool with their style here, however I do realise that a lot of us get a very clear personal meaning from Katatonia and earwigs and gothic chicks aint it.

However I do like the day and night changes. I think the video should have concentrated more on that and given us shots the band.

3/5

Ok here I go, what the fuck is the issue with Katatonia. I saw them live recently and was not impressed. I love the albums and the new album is amazing they are an absolute work of art, but then what do they do? They seem to not be bothered about the rest. Im not saying I don't like the vid, but I cant feel like they had any part in making it.

They should be a huge commercial success with this album, it has everything it needs to be a big success, just like Tool were, but the live performances and the videos will not help them here. Katatonia don't want to be drawn into that affair which is fine, however they shouldn't bother if this is what we are going to see from them.

Im happy with the album and to be hnest thats all i really care about. But putting themselves down like this is not good.

Definitely Lasse Hoile doesn't know how to make a music video fit a song. Sometimes it works (Harmony korine's one) but most of his videos are good in photography and special effects (and yes, he definitely knows how defocus a camera, he does it in ALL his videos) but they lack a background, an history, something to explain related to the song. They're just too visual, but that doesn't mean emotional. Or good/cool/original.

So good for photography and the effects but bad for the plain-visual-what-a-cool-defocused-forest-and-a-hot-girl-with-worms part.

Really, what's wrong with originality? Katatonia is a different band, they need different videos!

Nooo... I do not like it at all. Few shots are good and I like the chaotic camera movement, though but the whole video doesn't make any sense to me.

Definitely Lasse Hoile doesn't know how to make a music video fit a song. Sometimes it works (Harmony korine's one) but most of his videos are good in photography and special effects (and yes, he definitely knows how defocus a camera, he does it in ALL his videos) but they lack a background, an history, something to explain related to the song. They're just too visual, but that doesn't mean emotional. Or good/cool/original.

So good for photography and the effects but bad for the plain-visual-what-a-cool-defocused-forest-and-a-hot-girl-with-worms part.

Really, what's wrong with originality? Katatonia is a different band, they need different videos!

Yes you said it.

Send it back Anders get a refund!

All i saw was a bunch of gothic chicks with parkinsons and an apparent appetite/fetish for bugs and grubs attempting to reinact horror movie scenes.

How is that at all related to Katatonia?

i dont like it at all.

i always liked katatonia's clip, i wanted to see them playing not all these girls moving like worms....

evry day we are submerged of gothic metal clip like this.....

i like just the sun landscape moving but after that, i'm very disappointed

I hate this gothic shit. This is SO NOT katatonia. At all.
This would be great for a cradle of filth or within temptation video, but for kata?? Give me a break.

"That is a real shame.
The best album of the last few years gets promoted like some piece of gothic black metal rubbish. Doesn't suit the song at all."

This is my post on the website.

So disappointed!

With all due respect I don't like it either.
It looks like the video was made by a few girls who shot a narcisistic video of themselves being very gothic and pasted it on a Katatonia song.
It is such a shame this is happening. If I were introduced to Katatonia by this video I would get such a wrong impression of the band.
All songs on the new album have such an absurd potential to make the best music video's ever.
This song has a huge contrast between the verse and chorus... where do I see this in the video? Where is the hope? Where is the despair?
There is tons of creative, cool stuff anyone could come up with when shooting a video for this song. In my opinion this video is completely disposable.
If you would show it to me without the music I would think it was either a modeling video, a video to test some editing techniques or some CoF video as mentioned before.
A music video must carry the same theme as the song, or at least the same feel, but this has none of both.

I would really like Katatonia or their label to ask a few passionate, talented and creative graphic (video) artists to tell them what they would do in a video to this song for example. Most certainly you would filter out and select better results than this. I want to see the depth and maturity of Katatonia's music reflected in their video's. This video just looks like a few girls having shallow gothic fun. The only difference from a random myspace video is the professional looks and the use of many effects...