My Sporadic Update Thread

I must really suck with kids because I never find kids adorable; however, puppies and kitties can be adorable as FUCK.

Me neither. Love the animals though.

I think kids are fucking fun and hilarious, but not adorable.

I don't even get that much, I find them loud and annoying. They might at some point be entertaining, but they get old fast and I just want them to go away.

Have you ever had a hellrockin kidplaying kickassing playtime?

Nope. I've only ever seen 3 modes: Hungry and screaming. Bored and screaming. Having fun... and screaming.

Which leaves me with 1 mode: Migraine and bloodthirsty.

Nope. I've only ever seen 3 modes: Hungry and screaming. Bored and screaming. Having fun... and screaming.

Which leaves me with 1 mode: Migraine and bloodthirsty.

Well, then you don't know crap about kids.

DISCLAIMER: As with adults, there are kids that are complete assbrains. Those are fewer than their adult counterparts though as they haven't learnt all the stupid shit in the world yet.

I don't even get that much, I find them loud and annoying. They might at some point be entertaining, but they get old fast and I just want them to go away.

Not that it's much point debating such a thing, but don't you think there's a pretty substantial difference between meeting a random kid on the subway and having one of your own? When X's kid screams, that's something pretty different from your own doing the same thing

Anyway, best of luck to you and your wife J

Texas bints are fucking hot. I only went there once but like 90% of the women were gorgeous. Although since my entire trip was spent driving through the empty wasteland, I only saw about 3 women. But 2.7 of them were hot!

I love weddings because they are a great excuse to get as drunk/stupid as you normally do with all your friends, but this time the relatives of others you've never met before get to watch you be classy/loud.

Being a dad is not something I want to do anytime soon, even though I quite like kids. Thankfully I use a newfangled form of birth control: pulling out.

Not that it's much point debating such a thing, but don't you think there's a pretty substantial difference between meeting a random kid on the subway and having one of your own? When X's kid screams, that's something pretty different from your own doing the same thing

Anyway, best of luck to you and your wife J

My own nephew has the same effect. Not just random children in public, or neighbours children/friends younger siblings.

And wouldn't it be better if I didn't take the chance that I despised my own offspring and avoided having one, rather than taking the chance? I don't think anyone here is exactly a shining pinnacle of evolution. If there even exists such a thing. That said, I have no interest in procreating this species anyway, too many, too many problems, too screwed (I'm a pessimist, sue me).

Thats enough of that. for further discussion (if desired) create a new thread called "Conspicuously Absent hates children, so we hate him".

Return to oooing and aaahing over pink balls of meat. :Smokin:

nope, just of a similar mindset. You don't think thousands of dollars in plain tickets were purchased purely for taste in music, did you?

plain.jpg

:lol:

Damnit, Andrew, I don't understand how you could be so put off by children. Some long days at work, seeing a little kid totally awestruck by the simplest things, smiling, happy, curious, outgoing, and all that seems like the only thing that keeps me from losing it.

Not sure whether to feel sorry for you or just be confused.

Hey guys, just stopping in for a sec or two to see how everyone's doing. Things here are good. Looking for a new job that allows for weekends off so we can go to the lake more often. Other than that still busy with this:

013.jpg

I haven't been buying much music lately. Just working on getting the Cathedral stuff and waiting for the Warning re-issues as well as Arghoslent. Recently got my Agalloch EP in, and biught blind these: Thorr's Hammer, Isole's Forevermore, and Well of Souls self-titled (in which the lead singer owned a local metal store in Houston I used to frequent), and also got World Below's Maelstrom in a trade.

Other than that, not much, but I'm gonna try to get some technical/progressive death metal like Death, Atheist, and Cynic. Black metal aint doing much for me these days except the classics or stuff I'm already familiar with.

Oh and Skyclad is one of the best metal bands ever.

Oh, and the sun is shining.

Cheers.

What the heck? I was just wondering if your old lady had the baby yet. Did I go into a worm hole or something? Your daughter lokos like she's nine months old!

Stargazer, ftw, btw.

What the heck? I was just wondering if your old lady had the baby yet. Did I go into a worm hole or something? Your daughter lokos like she's nine months old!

Stargazer, ftw, btw.

She'll be 8 months on April 11th. She really is a lot of fun. But teething is a pain in the ass.

Hope everything's going well for all of you.

THings here could be better. My mother passed away about a month ago. SHe fought for 5 years, and during those five years she saw her two kids get married and her first grandchild, so I firmly believe she was ready. She passed literally about a month after my sister's wedding, so it's almost like she made a deal with her cancer: let me "dance at my daughter's wedding" (her words, no lie. and she did!) and then you can have me. The funeral service and viewing were packed. Standing room only at the service, no shit. The funeral home said they had never seen such a turnout (we squashed an oriental viewing at the same time) or seen so many flowers.

My sister and I found out later one of her dying wishes was for my father to get us out of credit card debt with the life insurance money. That will be nice.

Other than being on anti-anxiety medicine now, I feel fine and am in good health according to my last checkup. Good blood pressure, weight, cholesterol, clear chest x-ray and EKG.

Starting at a new store location on Monday. Should be fun since I won't be dealing with customers for about a month. ALso, I'm going back to school. My mom and sister were always pestering me to go back to school to get an accounting degree, and the wife likes the idea, so I'll probably be starting here in a few weeks. Just waiting for the app to be accepted. My dad approves and has offered to pay for it.

Musically, I've been listening to nothing but doom. Sleep, Rev Biz, Warning, Penance, Church of Misery, The Wizar'd, Grand Magus, etc. Just recently got some High on Fire, and it's very enjoyable. But Gods Tower takes the cake. The Eerie and The Turns are simply amazing.

Well, until next time.

101.jpg