(New) Love/Hate Thread

Like: Vacation went well and the return to work was easy.
Hate: I've done nothing but drink the entire week, and I kinda want another beer. I feel like one of my friends now.

Like: Got a haircut after months of a heavy afro. Cool as it was, I like having the short buzz.
Hate: The Raptors game was TERRIBLE. I better see a thousand thank yous to Siakam from you Podgie. He was dogshit tonight.

Okay, SO - first of all. I was kind of a big drinker (almost daily, though not always heavily), over the past 2 months however I've barely consumed alcohol (once a week, on Saturday, which is the end of my working week, and in moderation) I feel much better for it, I've grown to hate hangovers and have probably saved a lot of money...

Hate: The Raptors game was TERRIBLE. I better see a thousand thank yous to Siakam from you Podgie. He was dogshit tonight.

As for this... Thank you x1000... But "tonight"?? Siakam didn't really show up all series! Thankfully! Because if he had you'd have probably taken it. As it was the Celtics were the better team throughout the whole series (just!). But I like the Raptors (Lowry, OG and Ibaka especially) so it was a shame to see them go, even if can't stand Normal Powell and Nick Nurse... it was such a tight series. I think it was the true Eastern Conference finals (in the sense I think Celtics / Raptors are the top 2 in the east this year) Miami are a good team... but we should beat them, and then lose to the Lakers in the finals :lol: ....even if we blew them out by 30-40 in the regular season!?!

Last edited:
I still keep forgetting that sports are "back". :lol:

Love : Restarted BioShock a few days ago. One of my favorite games ever and I never seem to get sick ot replaying it. <3
Hate : Working weekends

Love: Morning coffee and quality headphones...
Hate: Celtics kind of choked game 1 last night. Heat are tough.

Also love: Evile announcement this afternoon!

Last edited:
Love: Seeing the LA Clippers slander. Some of the shit I've seen online has been INCREDIBLE.
Hate: Workload has slowed down so it feels like I'm unemployed with the amount of time I have to kill.

As for this... Thank you x1000... But "tonight"?? Siakam didn't really show up all series! Thankfully! Because if he had you'd have probably taken it. As it was the Celtics were the better team throughout the whole series (just!). But I like the Raptors (Lowry, OG and Ibaka especially) so it was a shame to see them go, even if can't stand Normal Powell and Nick Nurse... it was such a tight series. I think it was the true Eastern Conference finals (in the sense I think Celtics / Raptors are the top 2 in the east this year) Miami are a good team... but we should beat them, and then lose to the Lakers in the finals :lol: ....even if we blew them out by 30-40 in the regular season!?!

Don't get me wrong, the Celtics have been the better team against the Raptors for the entire season, but this is by far the worst I have ever seen Pascal play. This was worse than his G-League days and I hate it. The Miami games are gonna be fun to watch.

Also love: Evile announcement this afternoon!

They signed with Napalm Records. That's gonna be massive - if they release a strong album it'll be just like Warbringer's rebirth. The potential is right fucking there, I cannot wait.

LOVE: GOT MY PS5 BABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBY. Got super lucky with Sony's direct ordering queue. So excited.
Hate: Not too much today

Maaaaaaan, that whole PS5 pre-order was such a shitshow. I wasn't even aware the damn things were on sale until the next morning when I was reading the horror stories people were posting about it. Shame on Sony for setting the date so soon and all the retailers that broke the date. Most importantly, shame on "hype" culture and resellers. If anyone ever wondered what it's like to try and get a new pair of sneakers on release, this is exactly it.

I didn't get in on the Sony pre-order thing because they kept all the relevent info to themselves until the last fucking second. I wasn't about to clog up a spot in line trying to get a console that, at the time was $???? and launched with ?????. Obviously regret it now that Demon's Souls is confirmed to be a launch title.

Love : Nearing the end of Divinity Original Sin 2. Game is difficult, but great.
Hate : Above rant about PS5.

I can only imagine the nightmare of the pre-order culture for nike. Tried to score a Halloween Starbucks cup last year and ended up paying a reasonable price on ebay. The wife talked to a barrista about it at the local starbucks and I have realized if you don't have a connection on the inside you are not getting anything exclusive, which is unfortunate.

Don't blame you on that, Keenan. I will say in their defense that the pre-orders were supposed to start the day after but every retailer said fuck it. I had a feeling that the titles they were showing were going to be launch titles so I wanted to get it day 1. Honestly, last night I had a fight with a friend over scalpers because he wanted to get that new Nvidia graphics card in order to scalp one and me and my other friends in our group were like yeah dude you're free to do that, but that still sucks and we're gonna call you on it

I got a friend who works at Best Buy, and he's telling me the pre-orders were gone 5x faster than when the Switch was released. Blows my mind thinking about it. Then again, if people wanna pay 500$+ on a Spiderman/Demon Souls machine for the time being, I'm not gonna stop them. I know my friends are gonna be annoying about asking me to buy the PS5 asap.

LOVE: Brief progress pics from Ben on recording the new album. I don't think it was deliberate but I love the look of the half red/regular colored cymbals.
Also Love: The new Gama Bomb track, plus their album announcement. Hopefully we'll get an update on their drummer situation since Paul left.
Also also Love: The constant LA Clippers slander I saw this past week. I could not stop laughing at some of the things I read on Twitter.
Hate: The Lakers are playing well, which means I won't get my coveted Miami v. Denver NBA Finals matchup. :cry:
ALSO HATE: One of my monitors has a little scratch on the side and it's gonna bother me for the rest of my fucking life.

Last edited:
LOVE: Brief progress pics from Ben on recording the new album. I don't think it was deliberate but I love the look of the half red/regular colored cymbals.

Yeah, looks sick. Can only imagine how good the drum tracks sound... can't wait to here how big the new album sounds. So hyped for it now.

Hate: The Lakers are playing well, which means I won't get my coveted Miami v. Denver NBA Finals matchup. :cry:

As much as I'd like to see Denver win, I think LeBron and AD are destined for the finals... As for Miami, they've obviously got a chance of making it. But with Hayward back we're a much better team. He played great in game 3 (although it doesn't show in his stat line) and will be even better after another few days rest.

Celtics Lakers finals would just be so classic :lol: I'd love to see a rebirth of that rivalry

I know my friends are gonna be annoying about asking me to buy the PS5 asap.

That's at least the nice thing, that you can still chat in party's and play ps4 games with them and some of the exclusives are also coming to ps4 at least

Love: Hell yeah on evile drums being done, and HELL YEAH on the new Gama Bomb
Hate: not a ton at the moment

Sony said that there are more units coming, so anyone who didn't get one (me included) just needs a bit more patience. Of course, they'll probably just sell out instantly like the last batch did because of the insane hype Sony has drummed up. It's hilarious how similar this is to sneakaers. Well, hilarious to me, anyway. :lol:

Love : Finished Divinity Original Sin 2 last night. Incredible game. Definitely gonna replay it soon.
Hate : Working on my day off tomorrow. Was planning on setting up my new TV, but that probably won't happen tomorrow now...

As much as I'd like to see Denver win, I think LeBron and AD are destined for the finals... As for Miami, they've obviously got a chance of making it. But with Hayward back we're a much better team. He played great in game 3 (although it doesn't show in his stat line) and will be even better after another few days rest.

Celtics Lakers finals would just be so classic :lol: I'd love to see a rebirth of that rivalry

Nothing more classic than screaming "FUCK THE CELTICS" and replying back with "FUCK THE LAKERS".

That's at least the nice thing, that you can still chat in party's and play ps4 games with them and some of the exclusives are also coming to ps4 at least

I didn't know they were doing that with PS5. The flexibility will help a lot then.

Sony said that there are more units coming, so anyone who didn't get one (me included) just needs a bit more patience. Of course, they'll probably just sell out instantly like the last batch did because of the insane hype Sony has drummed up. It's hilarious how similar this is to sneakaers. Well, hilarious to me, anyway. :lol:

Sneaker resell culture is fucking ridiculous. I would go online and see resell sites with some of the ugliest fucking shoes going for thousands just cuz of the name. Knew a guy who's roommate was doing that as a side business for himself and was getting easy cash for it.

^It really is absurd what kids will buy these days. Some of the collabs that Nike has with artists/rappers whatever all look insanely bad in my opinion. Like, nearly every one. And the fact that they resell for THOUSANDS of dollars blows my mind.

Love : My new TV is set up and looks great!
Hate : It took like four hours to get the wall mount taken care of. The moral of this story is that a stud finder is a wonderful tool that everyone should have because not having one makes everything more difficult. :lol:

^It really is absurd what kids will buy these days. Some of the collabs that Nike has with artists/rappers whatever all look insanely bad in my opinion. Like, nearly every one. And the fact that they resell for THOUSANDS of dollars blows my mind.

I gotta say, 99.999999999999999999% of the things i've seen from Kanye's clothing/shoe brand is just............. so painfully ugly. Like HOLY shit ugly. I've never been a shoe guy, and honestly most shoes I see make me glad i'm not a shoe guy

Love: the teaser clip Ol posted definitely sounded like classic Evile, so that was cool. New Joji album is great, the clipping. album also has its early stream start today so i'm excited for that too
Hate: spent the last few days tryna help my friend secure their ps5 order and uh boy has it been difficult.

Edit: got the early stream for that album and ohhhhhhhhh boy we got a new contender for album of the year for me

Last edited:
Love: Officially Fall which is my favorite season. Looking forward to cooler weather and Halloween!

Hate: Virtual teaching has a few pros but a lot of cons. I hope they develop a vaccine soon.

Everyone is talking about a PS5, am I the only fool who is thinking about finding a PS3 in good shape so I can replay Oblivion and Fallout New Vegas?

^That sounds like a wonderful idea. I wish my PS3 wasn't on it's deathbed so I could replay Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect... I'm sure you could find one for pretty cheap, especially the slim ones.

Love : Burnout Paradise. A friend of mine just got the PS4 version and I've been playing with him. The two hours we played a few days ago was like being in a 2008 time capsule. It was insane. Easily one of my favorite games ever.
Hate : Working Saturdays :puke: