(New) Love/Hate Thread

I don't know what it is about weekends, but everyone just seems more ridiculous than normal. Coworkers and customers included. It's weird. I don't like it.

Love : Started reading Fahrenheit 451. I read this book in high school and didn't really think much of it.... but reading it now... is insane. IT'S SO GOOD. Also partly terrifying because of how accurate it is to our current world despite being written in the 50s.
Also love : Ihsahn, getting good cards from Magic booster packs
Hate : Getting stuck working with two annoying girls at work. I can't stand drama.

Everyone is talking about a PS5, am I the only fool who is thinking about finding a PS3 in good shape so I can replay Oblivion and Fallout New Vegas?

While I'm not the biggest Elder Scrolls fan (never been very interested in the fantasy genre) I certainly don't blame you for replaying FNV. Spent a bit of time playing it in high school and always had a blast.

Love : Burnout Paradise. A friend of mine just got the PS4 version and I've been playing with him. The two hours we played a few days ago was like being in a 2008 time capsule. It was insane. Easily one of my favorite games ever.

Really enjoyed Paradise too. I think it's a little bit shallow in terms of content but its fun just getting to race around and deal with harder CPU over time. I think a friend of mine 100% it recently too.

...thank god the Celtics won otherwise I'd be RAGING :lol:

Unfortunately, I'm still am. Tatum's contract is a fucking steal.

Love: Bought a new guitar this weekend! An ESP LTD 1000 Deluxe!
ESP LTD Deluxe.jpg
Hate: Playing this made me realize how much work my Gibson needs! A little worried about taking it in but it needs to have the neck/action adjusted.

^That thing is gorgeous! <3

Love : BioShock Infinite - Burial at Sea. Hadn't played it since it's release in like 2013/2014. Both of them have great stories and insane plot twist endings. Love it!
Also love : Hail of Bullets, Death, Dream Theater
Hate : Wizards of the Coast's latest attempt to make Magic : The Gathering "Cool". The Walking Dead x Secret Lair cards are the beginning of a slippery slope that will almost assuredly lead to irreversible damage to the game. Do not like. At all.

I'M BEYOND ECSTATIC. IT LOOKS SO FUCKING GOOD. I CAN'T WAIT!!

Love : See above statement about the Invincible trailer :lol:
Hate : Wal-Mart. Just.... ugh.

Love: The best thing about this virus is I'm still enjoying 4 days off a week instead of working 6 days a week... and still getting paid.
Hate: Being a barista with unlimited access to great coffee beans from work yet running out of coffee at home during the 4 days off... dumb ass.

Anyone else really into their coffee here? Any self proclaimed coffee snobs?? :lol:

My wife is self-proclaimed world's best coffee drinker. She has mastered making cold-brew at home so that saves a lot of money. Starbucks is my usual go to due to convenience but they usually put too much cream in. There are a few good independent roasteries in town and I usually order a mocha when I indulge. Last February when I was in Chicago we visited the premium Starbucks Roastery. The place was huge, four or five floors, each offering a unique coffee shop experience. Ended up at a bar serving coffee cocktails using beans or coffee aged in whiskey barrels or whiskey aged in coffee barrels.

Haha that's awesome man! I've had coffee from beans aged in whiskey barrels once too (bulleit bourbon) - was actually surprised at how good it was! Not overpowering at all. Props to your wife on the cold brew too.

If you're ever in London make a stop by my stall and I'll make you a mocha!

I've never actually had coffee. I don't like the smell of it. *shrug* :lol:

Love : Kingdom Hearts. Been replaying the whole series before I start KH3 for the first time. I've been pushing this off since that game released because I wanted to replay the older ones. Decided to play through on easy for all of them. Re:Chain of Memories got skipped, though. Dream Drop Distance will probably also be skipped. I can't handle the battle system for either one.
Hate : Having to work all weekend coming up. Again.

I like drinking coffee, but in all my time drinking I never really could tell the difference in taste unless it was preparred SUPER shittily (i.e. 70% of my Tim Horton's orders). Most of the time it tastes bitter unless I add sugar, and while I do enjoy that bitterness I feel like I'm supposed to experience other flavors to it. Either that or my vocabulary is not coffee snob ready. I do enjoy it whenever my cousin brings beans back from Ethiopia.

Love: My Power Trip shirt came in, and it looks super nice.
Hate: Don't like the new Raptors uniforms. The white/red looks nice, but the Home and Alternate jerseys look bland - like the Rockets uniforms. Apparently there's gonna be purple and gray renditions but I'm not holding my breath.

I absolutely despise coffee, so i'm with Keenan

Love: ps5 soon babyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Hate: not a ton at the moment, things are relatively ok

I like drinking coffee, but in all my time drinking I never really could tell the difference in taste unless it was preparred SUPER shittily (i.e. 70% of my Tim Horton's orders). Most of the time it tastes bitter unless I add sugar, and while I do enjoy that bitterness I feel like I'm supposed to experience other flavors to it. Either that or my vocabulary is not coffee snob ready. I do enjoy it whenever my cousin brings beans back from Ethiopia.

Ever watch Good Eats by Alton Brown? He did a few episodes on Coffee. If I recall correctly he recommended adding salt to combat bitterness in coffee.

^I remember watching that show with my dad when it was new. Alton Brown is awesome.

Love : Finished Kingdom Hearts 2. <3
Hate : Apparently there's gonna be some sort of Trump rally at our mall tomorrow? I work all day and I'm reeeaaaally hoping there's no drama involved with this...

Ever watch Good Eats by Alton Brown? He did a few episodes on Coffee. If I recall correctly he recommended adding salt to combat bitterness in coffee.

I never watched any of his shows but I've heard of him. I'll give it a try next time I have a chance, but I'm not holding my breath.

Hate : Apparently there's gonna be some sort of Trump rally at our mall tomorrow? I work all day and I'm reeeaaaally hoping there's no drama involved with this...

Hope your mask is heavy duty.

Reactions: zerostatic
Day went as it normal, thankfully. :lol:

Love : The Midnight released a new album out of nowhere!
Hate : said album is exclusive to Amazon. This makes no difference to me as I buy stuff from Amazon often (though not as much lately) but it still sucks for those people that rely on streaming services or iTunes (or whatever they changed the name to). Hopefully this isn't the start of a trend, both for the band and for music as a whole.... but it probably will be.

Like: I met a savings goal that I've been working towards for the past year.
Hate: My contract at work is ending next week. Again, the money I saved is nice but I remember the last time I was out of work for an extended period of time. It was, above all else, not fucking good.

Love : Kingdom Hearts as a series. Some games aren't very good (Re:Chain of Memories and Dream Drop Distance come to mind) but overall, I love this series. Currently replaying the whole thing before playing KH3 for the first time.
Hate : Coronavirus cases seem to be rising at an incredible rate these days. Stay safe everyone. <3

Hate : Coronavirus cases seem to be rising at an incredible rate these days. Stay safe everyone. <3

It's the same here. Lockdown eased and now it's getting out of control again. People here DO NOT GIVE A FUCK. The rules we have in place here aren't enough to contain it... even if people did stick to them!!

After my Dad getting it and being lucky to get over it now my sister has it and is stuck in her house with her two kids. Fingers crossed she gets over it too.

I'll second your sentiment Keenan - Stay safe everyone!! Be sensible and consider the bigger picture. Much love.