(New) Love/Hate Thread

Not that I know of. This is one I occasionally think of and wish they still made :

CinnaCrunchPebbles.jpg

It may not look like it, but this stuff was GOOD.

:lol:

Love: Finally - fucking FINALLY - I've managed to get a 100% perfect 44. Caliber Game Surgery Album Series listing sorted. Ten volumes made up of eight compilations and three themed releases, more than enough to keep me busy over the next few years. Hoping to get the first one out at the end of summer 2014. If anything I'm glad that I can actually get to fucking work on them now.

Hate: Some of the best ones are a long way off (in fact, the two absolute greatest are volumes 9 and 10), I had to omit a lot of tracks I really wanted to do and whittle the release numbers down from seventeen to ten. Fucking SEVENTEEN. Not easy, but there's still room for change should I feel inclined.... but I doubt it, they're all pretty much perfect now.

Love : Marvel's announcement of All-New Invaders.
Hate : Everything this horrific excuse for a day has had to offer.

I had to omit a lot of tracks I really wanted to do and whittle the release numbers down from seventeen to ten. Fucking SEVENTEEN. Not easy, but there's still room for change should I feel inclined.... but I doubt it, they're all pretty much perfect now.

are you talking about tracks of music that you made but couldn't put on an album that will hit store shelves??

cuz if you are, then why can't you just take all those omited tracks and just make those into a whole seperate album??

You're ignoring the fact that it'd be bullshit to have two tracks from the same series on one album, plus the fact that it has to flow properly - some tracks simply don't sound very good next to each other in a tracklisting. That's a very meticulous thing that often gets overlooked entirely.

Also, there are a few that I really wanted to do but they were ultimately a bit too complex, or in some cases it'd be too difficult to arrange them with guitars in mind. I'd stick to using midi for them, but then that'd kinda defeat the idea haha

In other words, making music is really fucking hard. :lol:

Love : Daredevil, Kingdom Hearts HD. I played it for three hours and was completely content.
Hate : My day before I got home. It was pretty rough.

Absofuckinglutely. Also, How's KH:HD1.5?

Absofuckinglutely amazing! :lol: The graphics look so nice and clean. I'm making my way through the first one right now, haven't tried out re:Chain of Memories (Which I never played since I have the GBA version) or 358/2 Days (Which I never played because the DS is stupid.) quite yet though. But as a ten year old game, it's aged very well.

False, KH1 has been 100% rebuilt from the ground up.

I noticed some changes, like the analogue stick camera controls, and that triangle does some special attacks (Like Cloud's Buster attack), but other than that, it seems largely unchanged. I never played Final Mix though, maybe these changes were present then? I have no idea.

Whenever I hear "100% rebuilt from the ground up" from developers, I usually think it's a bunch of crap anyway. :lol:

Love : Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark Daredevil. Poor Milla. :(
Hate : Not too much really

Oh aye I know what you meant chief, but it's an idea I have toyed with and it simply wouldn't be worth it - it'd just pale in comparison to all the others I have lined up. It'd sound and feel like an afterthought, it'd be obvious that it only got released so that I didn't have leftovers hanging about if that makes sense. It's all been very carefully thought out and put together so I'd rather stick to that. It'll be good though, plenty of class stuff on the first two volumes alone.

I noticed some changes, like the analogue stick camera controls, and that triangle does some special attacks (Like Cloud's Buster attack), but other than that, it seems largely unchanged. I never played Final Mix though, maybe these changes were present then? I have no idea.

Whenever I hear "100% rebuilt from the ground up" from developers, I usually think it's a bunch of crap anyway. :lol:

All of the original assets from KH1 have been lost so they salvaged everything they could from the game discs and recreated literally everything else. They did state that they tried to update it to be closer to KH2's system since... well, KH1's system is so painfully outdated (no right analogue camera? SERIOUSLY? How did they fuck that up first time around?) and they felt that it streamlined gameplay, which it undoubtedly does. They used Sora's DDD model as the basis for his 'new' model, a bunch of edited models from KH2, Re:CoM etc.

And no, none of that stuff was in Final Mix. But here's hoping they do another HD collection with KH2, Birth by Sleep and Re:Coded/DDD at some point.

They better. It's gonna be a few years until KH3 comes out, and I need something to fill that void. :lol:

Aye, Kingdom Heart III has been postponed further since Squeenix have decided to finish Final Fantasy XV first - the only reason they announced it was to quell the fandom rage.

Gettin' reeeeeeeeeeal tired of your shit, Squeenix