(New) Love/Hate Thread

I teach middle school 8th grade. Teaching isn't what I expected it to be, but I can handle it. :lol: I plan on making them do research and then using some of the cool apps to create presentations. Basically a lot of high tech book reports, haha. Oh and no fucking wikipedia...those motherfuckers have access to a bunch of databases through the school library and website not to mention World Book online.

Not sure: I feel like I'm losing my tolerance for listening to entire albums... My preferred listening "method" has always been "open media player - hit shuffle - press play" but I very well could listen from beginning to end to something like Sagas by Equillibrium (which clocks in at close to 1h20 minutes long) even though the ideal album length for me is 45 minutes. Very recently, I've been getting bored as soon as the 20 minute mark on some albums and need to change into something else if I'm not completely into an album. Even today, I was listening to Satan's Life Sentence, which is an awesome album by the way, and exactly 44 minutes 51 seconds long and by the fourth song, I was thinking "man, I could listen to The Ocean or Hell or something..."

Not sure: I feel like I'm losing my tolerance for listening to entire albums... My preferred listening "method" has always been "open media player - hit shuffle - press play" but I very well could listen from beginning to end to something like Sagas by Equillibrium (which clocks in at close to 1h20 minutes long) even though the ideal album length for me is 45 minutes. Very recently, I've been getting bored as soon as the 20 minute mark on some albums and need to change into something else if I'm not completely into an album. Even today, I was listening to Satan's Life Sentence, which is an awesome album by the way, and exactly 44 minutes 51 seconds long and by the fourth song, I was thinking "man, I could listen to The Ocean or Hell or something..."

Dude...I totally get what you are saying. Sometimes it is good just to put the mp3 player on shuffle and let it bounce between Evile, Pink Floyd and Daft Punk. :lol: I've been complaining about thrash albums that have songs that are too long and it kills the flow of the album. The last couple Exodus and Overkill albums have this problem.

Dude...I totally get what you are saying. Sometimes it is good just to put the mp3 player on shuffle and let it bounce between Evile, Pink Floyd and Daft Punk. :lol: I've been complaining about thrash albums that have songs that are too long and it kills the flow of the album. The last couple Exodus and Overkill albums have this problem.

Pretty much spot on. It seems to happen to me with thrash and death thrash a lot, especially old death thrash with shitty production which becomes really droning after a while. But then I go back and listen to the same songs randomly and they sound awesome...

...... I loved A Dramatic Turn of Events.

Love : New Dream Theater, GTAV, Invincible
Hate : Not too much right now really

Love: Invincible HC Vol 2 came in the mail, just as I was about to leave for class.
Hate: Invincible HC Vol 2 came in the mail, just as I was about to leave for class. No time for reading...

Love : Superior Spider-Man, early issues of Uncanny X-Men, GTAV, Dream Theater, off work for three days
Hate : How horrible yesterday was

Hate/Love: Cut more music so I can do this thing a lot earlier. Six releases cut and extra stuff added onto the others, so they're all now ten tracks apiece instead of eight... plus I can do this awesome one as Volume 2 or 3 now :lol: I fucking hate myself.

Love: How goddamn fucking amazing this track I'm doing is. A 15+ minute compendium of a particular game's theme... it's either going to be a work of genius or a trial in monotony, but it's absolutely worth it.

Love : X-Men : Battle of the Atom, Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, DayZ
Hate : Needing to shave

Hate: For my class tomorrow, I was supposed to do these online tests. I completed the final one today and when I looked to get my certificate, I didn't get any. For some reason, my grades say that even though I got above the required amount on the TESTS, the practice exercises listed me as 25% because I didn't do it right on the first go. Problem is, the exercises weren't supposed to be included in the first place, so now I'm in jeopardy of losing 10% of my overall mark if I don't fix this shit.