(New) Love/Hate Thread

Love: New year is coming. It doesn't really mean anything but it's one of those intangibles that always gives you a bit of hope for the future. Happy 2014 everybody. :)

Love : The Death and Return of Superman, Witherscape
Hate : Being sick and being abruptly woken up multiple times last night by jackasses shooting off fireworks RIGHT ABOVE MY DAMN HOUSE

Love: Spent new year with Sara, Sophie and Kelsi :)
Hate: Kelsi was being a little gobshite and wouldn't go to bed by herself for once, so four to a bed... and me crushed up against the wall with the three girls starfishing it all night. My shoulders hurt.

Never have kids, folks.

Love: My PS4. Thing is totally 10/10
Hate: Waiting for more games to come out for it.

That's why I waited on buying one. :lol: Come March, however.... totally getting inFamous, MGS : Ground Zeroes, Thief and probably Killzone.

Love : Umbral, Ten Grand, Young Avengers, keeping a five-star wanted level for almost a half hour in GTA Online :lol:
Hate : That I'm still sick

That's why I waited on buying one. :lol: Come March, however.... totally getting inFamous, MGS : Ground Zeroes, Thief and probably Killzone.

I think it's worth it to have it now! The games I have for it at the moment are pretty fun, plus at least I have my PS3 if I get bored. I'm going to lose my mind when Ground Zeroes comes out, I can't wait.

Love: Sherlock was awesome yesterday
Mildly Infuriated By: Only just found out this morning that I can't watch stuff of my USB drive on the PS4.

The one thing Xbone has over PS4 is Killer Instinct. If that were to be available for PS4 (which is NEVER :( ) then the PS4 would be a clear winner; however, Microsoft giving people something that they've been begging for since 1996 has given them a pretty big edge. Not to mention the fact that a majority of the games I'd want to play are multiplatform, so I could enjoy Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV on Xbone between ultra combos :lol:

Seriously, KI is that big of a dealbreaker for someone such as myself.

But back on topic, love: I've just finished writing up notes (read: not scripts, NOTES) for 8/15 of my upcoming videos. That's not counting the planned ones that I haven't started on either, so I'm doing pretty good :) I also have most of the artwork and thumbnails done as well.

Hate: Well... just the notes. I could potentially just read those out instead of doing a full script for each one, but I don't like cutting corners with stuff like this so the first video could be a way off yet :/

On the other hand, also love: Announcing my first video soon, WOOT

On the other hand, also love: Announcing my first video soon, WOOT

wait what videos what

The one thing Xbone has over PS4 is Killer Instinct. If that were to be available for PS4 (which is NEVER :( ) then the PS4 would be a clear winner; however, Microsoft giving people something that they've been begging for since 1996 has given them a pretty big edge. Not to mention the fact that a majority of the games I'd want to play are multiplatform, so I could enjoy Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV on Xbone between ultra combos :lol:

Seriously, KI is that big of a dealbreaker for someone such as myself.

I watched some gameplay of it, and it looked only okay to me. There's like 5 characters... where are the rest?
I do want to get an Xbox One eventually, the watered down KI remake just isn't enough for me.

Yeah, but I can buy most of those games for the system I already have. Besides, BF4 doesn't even work. :lol: (Or so I've heard.)

True, but I like playing them on the PS4 more for some reason :lol:
I have ACIV on there and it's awesome.

BF4 works, it's just certain things are messed up. I don't plan on getting it at all. My uncle did (on Xbox 360) and it ended up erasing his entire hard drive

Love: No school
Hate: Stupid headaches

wait what videos what

Right here, fine sir :D http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/general-discussion/917375-dingram-observes-cast-your-vote.html

I watched some gameplay of it, and it looked only okay to me. There's like 5 characters... where are the rest? I do want to get an Xbox One eventually, the watered down KI remake just isn't enough for me.s

The entire game's platform is based on downloadable content. I was put off at first, but it's a genius idea; they can constantly update the game, fix balance issues and bugs without having to release Hyper Killer Instinct III Deluxe Arcade Tournament Edition every seven months. Season 1 has launched with 8 characters, but two of them are being released over the next three months along with the arcade and story modes. Season two will have another eight (probably near the end of 2014) and extra modes, tweaks, stages and so on and so forth. Basically, they're never going to make a second game because they intend for KI2013 to be constantly updated throughout the Xbone's lifespan, which I think is a tremendous idea. At least they're not doing a Capcom and re-releasing the same game with a couple of haphazard extra characters ported from another title and some half-assed balance tweaks that break the game even further so that Capcom can re-release the game half a year later with the same bullshit formula.

It's also worth mentioning that KI was developed in under a year, which is one reason why it's still rather bare bones; Microsoft were rushing Double Helix to get it out as a launch title. Gotta say, I was very angry that so many websites didn't bother mentioning the game's platform and gave it shit for being so bare-bones with no mention of the upcoming slew of stuff that's planned.

Right here, fine sir :D http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/general-discussion/917375-dingram-observes-cast-your-vote.html

The entire game's platform is based on downloadable content. I was put off at first, but it's a genius idea; they can constantly update the game, fix balance issues and bugs without having to release Hyper Killer Instinct III Deluxe Arcade Tournament Edition every seven months. Season 1 has launched with 8 characters, but two of them are being released over the next three months along with the arcade and story modes. Season two will have another eight (probably near the end of 2014) and extra modes, tweaks, stages and so on and so forth. Basically, they're never going to make a second game because they intend for KI2013 to be constantly updated throughout the Xbone's lifespan, which I think is a tremendous idea. At least they're not doing a Capcom and re-releasing the same game with a couple of haphazard extra characters ported from another title and some half-assed balance tweaks that break the game even further so that Capcom can re-release the game half a year later with the same bullshit formula.

It's also worth mentioning that KI was developed in under a year, which is one reason why it's still rather bare bones; Microsoft were rushing Double Helix to get it out as a launch title. Gotta say, I was very angry that so many websites didn't bother mentioning the game's platform and gave it shit for being so bare-bones with no mention of the upcoming slew of stuff that's planned.

I'll make sure to check that out!

And oh. I actually was not fully aware of the plan they made for KI, that sounds way better than how it was described to me.

I'm not surprised. Again, for some reason the media has decided to completely ignore the platform in the reviews, which is baffling to me; it's not just another case of DLC, the entire game is built around that. Of course it's going to be bare-bones when you're reviewing the very first build, you idiots :lol:

I'm not surprised. Again, for some reason the media has decided to completely ignore the platform in the reviews, which is baffling to me; it's not just another case of DLC, the entire game is built around that. Of course it's going to be bare-bones when you're reviewing the very first build, you idiots :lol:

Well thanks for explaining that to me :lol: Hopefully Cinder makes it into the game eventually....

Love : The Death and Return of Superman. Funeral for a Friend/World Without a Superman is so damn sad! :(
Also love : My friend beat The Last of Us for the first time today.
Hate : Going home early from work and calling off tomorrow because cold. :bah:

Cinder has been half confirmed; They mentioned that he was going to be in the game, but they haven't officially announced him yet. Chances are he'll be one of the first reveals for Season 2

That's good to hear! On New Years I destroyed my brother in a KI tournament with Cinder, I went 15-11. He kept using Orchid, who from my experience watching the KI videos from the Xbox One still seems super overpowered.

Love: All the cool stuff coming out this year. Like season 8 of Trailer Park Boys and the new Behemoth
Hate: chocolate bunny at 6:30am was a bad choice.

Love : Last night, I watched the original Superman : The Movie for the first time. It was GLORIOUS.
Also love : Mass Effect, various comics
Hate : Having this damn 5am shift. Though, when I get out two hours earlier than usual, I'm sure I'll change my mind. Heh.