(New) Love/Hate Thread

This is just beyond fucking unreal isn't it?
God this forum turns more and more into a mortuary I believe, what's next?
I read the news yesterday from the Re-Animator facebook page saying he passed away. First I thought it's just a joke but then I saw different posts stating the same.
I must confess Iam really shocked though I never met him personally - I remember having some cool chats with Thrasherdave here. I remember when I broke my arm and he replied "Stop bloody hurting yourself" that was typical him or the thing where I saw the ghosts..
Even though I haven't got much contact with him the last few years it's really sad but had so much shit going on and still in my life it's not what it used to be and I lost contact with all kinds of stuff anyhow.
But I chatted with him about 3 years ago I remember and told him about the pain I had at my liver after returning from a Festival where I drank really hard it was a cool conversation I felt understood.
Man I wished I had hit him up and asked how it's going or something in recent times I just read the last post he's off to a hospital and thought it's just one of his typical posts he made in the past aswell.
Much too young to die...not to forget that he got me into bands like Demolition Hammer, Protector, Aspid, Coroner etc etc. if he wouldn't have been there I would have never listened closer to them damnit.

Rest in peace mate, may you start a band in heaven with Mike Alexander.

Next time I lift a beer for you Dave

Last edited:
Signed back into facebook for the first time in 6 years to check his page, and just wow. It's still so absolutely insane to me he's gone. Saying all this just kind of makes me feel like a broken record at this point, but wow man what the absolute fuck.

^Yeah his death seems very obscure to me aswell..
I just did Dave some honour and posted about his departure in the official Coroner Forum. I guess that he would liked that because he was a very huge Coroner fan almost the same like me.
Still I wished I could have chatted with him in recent times (I know that Dave was closer staying to guys like Podgie) but I was not really in a good mood aswell all the time so much stress and crap going on that I hardly have time to chat with someone on the net but atleast I should have got my ass up for it. So stupid..

Still I wished I could have chatted with him in recent times (I know that Dave was closer staying to guys like Podgie) but I was not really in a good mood aswell all the time so much stress and crap going on that I hardly have time to chat with someone on the net but atleast I should have got my ass up for it. So stupid..

You definitely can't beat yourself up for something like this, there's no way you could have known. I've been feeling similar, but you just can't go down that path honestly. The last few years have been tough and always seem to be getting tougher, but we just gotta keep moving on.

Dave was definitely a good guy, and i'm gonna miss him. Made this place feel like a digital home, even if he could be a dick sometimes :lol:

Like, I remember posting somewhere on here that Divinations was my favorite Mastodon song and him and Siobhan said I was wrong :lol:

All in all, Rest in peace Dave. For real.

Love: Uh like nothing, except for kh3 finally coming out and re2 actually as well
Hate: Well fucking duh RIP dave what the fuck

Yeah maybe it would have been even more painful then when I had contact with him all the time but that's all speculations. It's true there's no way I can blame myself for it but I should have hit Dave up more often just to know how it's going but it's all too late anyways.
I will dedicate some albums to him when I get the time to listen to it - but now Iam in a total depressed mood. Iam still in shock state I'd never expect that his medical surgeries are so fucking serious.
He definitly made this forum worth visiting for me in any way. I came here often just to check out his older posts about bands I never heard of and found suddenly interesting and some of them became my favorites later on. Iam really grateful for that.

Hate: my back is causing me intense pain. I feel generally so tired and sick don't know nothing gets me in a better mood at the moment. Iam not really sure from what it comes from I live really healthy and all compared to which immense amounts of booze I drank in the past it's all useless attempts.

Love: Skeletal Remains playing last Friday was fantastic but that was it.

Haven't been active on here for a good 7 - 8 years or so, not sure if anyone remembers me at this point, but I've just seen the news about Dave and I instantly remembered these forums. I never met Dave but we interacted here over the couple of years that I used to post here. He opened my eyes to a few different bands that I never would have discovered on my own.

Top bastard, always straight up and told you what he thought. Really saddened to hear the news of his passing... big shock. Brought me back to the times of being that pimple-faced teenager, locked up in my room looking to discover more metal. Thrasherdave was a big part of that. RIP, legend.

I know it's been a while since I've been on the forums, but to come back because of what I saw on the band's instagram page, jesus christ.

I'm also finding out it's been almost two weeks since he actually passed too. I really can't help but feel hurt and angry about it.

It's absolutely devastating and at such a young age, he didn't deserve this. Even though he talked about how he didn't want to grow old and shit, that didn't mean he should be going out like this, fucking hell.

He's been a gateway for a lot of the bands I've heard, and on top of that he (along with you guys) were the first few people I really enjoyed chatting with back when I was first signed up here. Made my years in high school and university a lot more bearable, and I owe him a fair bit of credit for it.

Rest in peace Dave. You will be remembered fondly.

Oh can only remember that times locked up in my room and finding everything out about obscure Metal bands I've never heard of!! Lol Great times. I think Dave was also for me a big part of inspiration to do that. Otherwise I would have have only checked out the usual bands that don't go over the Horizon of "normal knowledge" like Slayer, Destruction Kreator etc.
Now Iam too busy and too old for that and don't have that energy and enthusiasm for that kind of music anymore.

Love: Evile writing a new album. Never expected that. Thought they already split up or something after that long break after Skull.
Hate: feeling sick and tired of everything..

I've been listening to Vektor and Wretched Soul all morning. Realized that those are two more bands that I never would've known if not for Dave. RIP, man.

Love : Started playing the card game Magic the Gathering for the first time since middle school recently. I'm enjoying it way more than I probably should. :lol:
Hate : Not much at the moment. I'm on vacation.

Love : Soen, Steven Wilson, the Spyro remaster for PS4
Hate : Spyro Year of the Dragon. I have the same problem with this game as I do with Sly Cooper 2 and 3... too much shit that involves playing as characters I don't like :lol:

love/hate: Mixed emotions about a girl which I met yesterday and I really like(d) I just got stupidly drunk with shots of liqeur and we talked and talked but she just said at the end"..well you're a strange guy" which hurted me again deep after I tried so hard but I couldn't express my feelings to her but I think she isn't worth it.

Love : Devy, Magic : The Gathering
Hate : I haven't been painting lately due to me fucking up a few projects in a row. I need to get back to it, but lack the urge...

Love: Less than a month to go in the school year. Getting my pool replastered/refreshed next week and it should be ready in time for summer.
Hate: Not hate, but wish this subforum had more activity. Hope to hear some new Evile tunes this year.

^Same. I still visit pretty often out of habit, but rarely see any new posts aside from my own. New Evile is my most anticipated album in a long time, and I don't even know anything about it. :lol:

Love : Avengers : Endgame. I can't really talk about it without getting all emotional. I'll just say the ending is the one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen.
Hate : THE SONIC MOVIE TRAILER :lol:

New Evile is my most anticipated album in a long time, and I don't even know anything about it. :lol:

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. And having the opportunity to catch them live again!

Love: Bank holiday weekends and my bonus day off which goes with them...
Hate: Nothing right now to be honest... amazingly.

Man, I hope they come back to the US at some point in the near future...

Love : The new Magic : The Gathering expansion. My brother and I opened a shit ton of booster packs a few days ago and it was awesome. :lol:
Also love : Yakuza 0. What a great game!
Hate : Nothing in particular at the moment.

Man, I hope they come back to the US at some point in the near future...

If not you're welcome to cross the pond and come see them with me ;)

HATE HATE HATE: People eating with their mouths full of food. Or even worse speaking with their mouths full. Disgusting. Sometimes I hate working on a food market...

Last edited:
HYPEHYPEHYPE

Love : E3 is next week. Looking forward to seeing more of Cyberpunk 2077, The Outer Worlds and the Avengers game.
Also love : Katatonia, Ace Combat 7, Sonic Mania
Hate : DC is rumored to be closing their Vertigo imprint. I don't read as many comics as I used to, but this makes me very sad. :(

Hate: Could have punched this psychologist asshole in the face today I really wonder why I didn't.
Love: Not really much but I feel better right now. I decided only listen to metal on Saturday I know it looks strange but I don't feel so inspired anymore.