new opeth

maybe they could actually start writing effective songs then considering the vocals and different parts own pretty hard

but you know there are no rules in music, so one SHOULD do nothing. being limited like that builds boundaries, it's just a matter of taste. opeths shorter songs have perfect structure and the long structureless songs seem to please a lot of people including me.

not at all, if they'd want to only start writing simple struktured songs they would'nt hesitate. they wrote damnation. they changed their style entirely after morningrise because they go tired of it. i think you're being judgemental to the fact that people actually like it.

not at all, if they'd want to only start writing simple struktured songs they would'nt hesitate. they wrote damnation. they changed their style entirely after morningrise because they go tired of it. i think you're being judgemental to the fact that people actually like it.

Agreed, opeth write 10 minute songs because they feel that it's the best way to represent what they want to write. Opeth doesn't call itself progressive, fans and critics do. Opeth just calls itself Opeth. I don't think they are limited at all.....if they want to write a 5 minute song they wouldn't hesitate. It's just not what they feel like writing.

I think Mike and the band write music for themselves, not for others. Others just happen to enjoy what they produce =)

Agreed, opeth write 10 minute songs because they feel that it's the best way to represent what they want to write. Opeth doesn't call itself progressive, fans and critics do. Opeth just calls itself Opeth. I don't think they are limited at all.....if they want to write a 5 minute song they wouldn't hesitate. It's just not what they feel like writing.

I think Mike and the band write music for themselves, not for others. Others just happen to enjoy what they produce =)

that's actually true, you should'nt judge a band based on what critics say.

Opeth can call themselves whatever the hell they want to, and we already know all this, Einstein.

Why does everyone suck Morningrise's cock? Its the most boring Opeth album. There are no real songs its just one riff repeated 8 times followed by an acoustic phrase repeated 8 times then another riff 8 times... etc. They don't have any structure except for heavy - soft - heavy - soft.

that said, Morningrise > 99% of metal

EDIT: what I mean really is that Orchid and Morningrise are just ideas strung together, they never go back to a riff from earlier in the song, so its hard to pick the songs on the album apart, because its all just different ideas strung together. you could probably mix the sections around and wouldn't think it sounded off.