new opeth

Well, I'm sorry to inform you but your opinion is wrong.

Agreed, everything pre-Ghost Reveries completely original! Name me one band whose written a song remotely close to The Drapery Falls?

I liked the addition of keys in the Lamentations DVD because they were subtle, and Per has a good voice to back up mike's. But then GR went completely overboard IMO. So far, from the 3 songs I've heard, the style is much better than GR, but still lacks the charm of the BWP/Still Life era (not excluding the other albums, but I like these the best.

The thing I loved about everything pre Deliverance was that there was a flow to the album. Although Deliverance "delivers" (pun intended) some awesome tunes, it didn't flow. Same with everything that came after it (where damnation was just a cd with songs, not one complete work). I'm interested to see what The Watershed will provide.

And one more thing, I'm not sure if it's on this thread or in the opeth forum, but the Watershed is SUCH an Opeth name for an album.

[KOTNO]Narrot;7175145 said:
we have enough of those bands already

None of which sound anything like Opeth except perhaps Farmakon. Dragging songs out past ten minutes doesn't make Opeth original, it makes them fucking stupid. Same with Communic, and Moonsorrow. It leads to damn inconsistent content.

None of which sound anything like Opeth except perhaps Farmakon. Dragging songs out past ten minutes doesn't make Opeth original, it makes them fucking stupid. Same with Communic, and Moonsorrow. It leads to damn inconsistent content.

you werent only talking about songlength. i agree to a certain extend with you in that point. some songs are too long especially on ghost reveries and deliverance (the song)