new opeth

opeth never fails to deliver. fuck all who think they have a single bad album. people who complain about songs being too long either have a.d.d. or are plain retarded. i am drunk, yes.

Why does everyone suck Morningrise's cock? Its the most boring Opeth album. There are no real songs its just one riff repeated 8 times followed by an acoustic phrase repeated 8 times then another riff 8 times... etc. They don't have any structure except for heavy - soft - heavy - soft.

that said, Morningrise > 99% of metal

truth has been spoken guys

I've changed my mind, The Lotus Eater isn't aging well.

I dunno, I'm the opposite. I really like porcelain heart now. Lotus has some really good moments! The music is growing on me but I still don't like the constant changes between growling and clean, I hate 70% of the keys, I LOVE the blasts but the clean overtop is a little much (would be SOOOOO brutal with mikes growls); so overall I'm excited about the rest of this album, and I won't be as disappointed as I first thought.

Don't you guys find it has in just those two songs you've got kind of a mix of every album they've done thus far?

Morningrise by Opeth is my most cherished musical posession. The feel of the music on that album has such a big profound effect on my psyche - it is a perfect album.

It has nothing to do with state of the art sound production or great instrument proficiency. Arguably the imperfect production and musical performance is what adds to the value. It is purely the essence and feel of that album that trumps all else.

pretty slow man. If its not one thing its another.. It is the final stretch though and the effects will be good, (or so I fool myself). it WILL come out this year, damnit.

If it doesn't, I'm burning my Gwynbleidd shirt in public. :lol:

Edit: Holy shit, I've finally remembered the correct spelling of Gwynbleidd!

Where's the love for MAYH? Morningrise was great, it's true, but so was MAYH.

That being said...GR sucked. I have not heard the new stuff, but if it sounds anything like the last album, I'll barf all over it.